Sign in to follow this  
NNUD28

Bucs bench CB Vernon Hargreaves for lack of effort

He as a bust even before he was drafted....I cursed out loud when we reached for him with the 11th pick overall.

Then we drafted Noah Spence and then (ROFLMAO) traded UP into Round 2 to draft (wait for it) a fucking kicker!

What a waste of a draft that year.

4 minutes ago, MadMac said:

He as a bust even before he was drafted....I cursed out loud when we reached for him with the 11th pick overall.

Then we drafted Noah Spence and then (ROFLMAO) traded UP into Round 2 to draft (wait for it) a fucking kicker!

What a waste of a draft that year.

And our GM got extended..

FWIW....and I'm not a fan of Licht....the writers in the area have always hinted around the Glazers....um....adding input to some of the Bucs recent picks based on where they attended school and/or lived. The writers have virtually stated this regarding the 2nd round kicker who was traded up for and I've seen similar hints for the choice of Hargreaves as well. Winston was a Lovie pick as he convinced the Glazers that not only was Winston the pick but that the team should position themselves to have the pick to select him.

I don't know if Malcolm was hands off, but I've strongly suspected there's a lot more input from the triplets going back to at least the Chris Simms days than has been suspected.

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

FWIW....and I'm not a fan of Licht....the writers in the area have always hinted around the Glazers....um....adding input to some of the Bucs recent picks based on where they attended school and/or lived. The writers have virtually stated this regarding the 2nd round kicker who was traded up for and I've seen similar hints for the choice of Hargreaves as well. Winston was a Lovie pick as he convinced the Glazers that not only was Winston the pick but that the team should position themselves to have the pick to select him.

I don't know if Malcolm was hands off, but I've strongly suspected there's a lot more input from the triplets going back to at least the Chris Simms days than has been suspected.

I started a post stating much the same thing. Not as detailed and not in the same uh, ...tone but I deleted it. Fuckin half-wit tripletards love their lackeys as long as their cash register rings...  :facepalm

38 minutes ago, Boatrunner said:

Was there nobody in the NFL willing to trade?   #28 is 2.5 seasons removed from a 1st round draft pick.  Look what the Rams and Steelers traded for CBs

The Texans just picked up Vernon Hargreaves for free.

Typical. Bucs FO? They're usually holding the shitty end of the stick when they make deal anyway.

I'm sure they made some phone calls and got no offers.  Texans probably took him b/c they haven't faced him, and they are playing us later this year.  But who fucking cares?  When a player sucks on the field, it's much better to pull the trigger as quickly as possible than to waste year after year because he was drafted in the first round.  In many ways WR Dexter Jackson was a better pick than many like Kenyatta Walker because he was sent packing quickly.

43 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

From the Texans point of view, haven't they traded their entire draft for 2020? I'd guess bringing Hargreaves in for what could amount to an expensive tryout doesn't hurt them since they'll need to fill roster spots.

And he may give more effort now that he knowns how much others around the league covet him.  But he's no longer a problem to the Bucs.

Well, this sucks.

My office is in open enrollment for insurance this month. Decided to push up my life insurance coverage. After doing all the paperwork, getting health check, etc., the agent was ready to close the deal. Then I made a comment about the Bucs' season and being a fan.....

He looked at me, tore the contract up and said they couldn't cover me because I was a suicide risk........

giphy.gif