Sign in to follow this  
Axe

It Wasn't His Fault

I just watched Arians PC and the guy is delusional. At no point does he mention any of the interceptions as the QBs fault. I agree the Howard play wasn't his fault but he even referenced the throw to Godwin at the end of the half as just "a crazy play". To me it was an underthrown pass. The pass to Evans in the endzone was underthrown and Arians blamed Winston either getting hit or having been hit prior to that play as the reason for the overthrow pick 6.  He's just going out of his way to not blame Winston for the picks. Every QB has picks for reasons other than bad throws (bad routes, tips, etc).

While I don't share the sentiment that replacing him would result in a significantly different record or will it be easy, if Arians believes what he's stating publicly the problem is not the QB and it is the coaching staff.

Well, as Tundra would say, fuck me. Someone please point out that Manning had more picks in his first five years, because surely Winston compares favorably.....I am so fucking over Winston, he couldn’t hold 5 year Manning’s jock strap, he still struggles to recognize what the defense is showing him, still makes stupid decisions, fuck’em. Someone riddle me this, when his plant foot is obviously hobbled, are you telling me that he is still a better option than Griffin? And if they do think that, then what the fuck is he there for? Every other team in the NFL strives to have a backup that can step in. Sure they picked up Gabbert, why? Because he had so much success as a starter he was a no brainer as a back up....really? Jason Licht bears as much if not more responsibility for this current team. Let one go, fire the other.

Well, I am sick to death of watching this fucking team.
I refuse to cheer for the Titans, because they are the fucking Oilers.

Any suggestions from you guys? Yeah, I could just shut my hole and remain a diehard fan until they move the fucking team or the Glazers sell it.......but I just can't bring myself to spend Sunday's watching this stupidity any longer. Jameis is one of the worst QBs I have ever watched play the game. He puts up some gaudy numbers. Unfortunately, turnovers and turnovers for points are among them. The O-Line isn't ever going to be fixed. It has basically been ignored as a real place of need when they have passed on talents like McGlinchey and Ramczyk in the draft. The RB position hasn't really been addressed since they drafted Cadillac during the Gruden era, while passing on guys like Kamara and Cook. The WR corps is the only bright spot on offense. Defensive line is serviceable. LB corps is decent. The DB corps has basically been a joke since Ronde, Lynch, Smith, and Kelly were back there.

Some of my family is from Baltimore, so there is the Ravens......other members of the family have been fucking Cowboy fans for eternity (don't ask me why).......the rest are Pittsburgh fans. I could cheer for the Ravens, even though technically they are the Browns......Cowboy and Steeler fans are usually obnoxious about their championships......I am just at a loss at this whole organization. It will never get better as long as the tripletwits run the team and I am getting sick to death of watching this repeat year after year.

1 hour ago, tb_buc said:

Well, as Tundra would say, fuck me. Someone please point out that Manning had more picks in his first five years, because surely Winston compares favorably.....

It was Lurch who compared favorably to a young Peyton Manning. Jaboob was compared to Eli Manning by these aholes. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jameis-winston?id=2552485

Looking back at what experts said and who they compared him to is fucking hilarious.

He does suck. Maybe Jamesis compares favorably to uh, ...Jenna Jameson.

Not only is Arian just making excuses but nobody at the PC asks him a followup question. How some reporter doesn't say. So Bruce, on the interception at the end of the half which cost the team at least 3 points, what happened to cause the interception and then don't accept that a pass which was deflected from one defender to another defender was some "crazy tipped ball". He never mentions the pick in the endzone to Evans which was completely fucked up and nobody asks him about it.

He also talks about the secondary playing soft zone and that's why Dean didn't see a snap on defense. Ok. Maybe he's not a great zone corner. I can tell you that none of the other CBs are either. I also look at the QB and it seems that this guy knows how to beat a zone. You know why? Because he's been doing it for 20 fuckin' years that's why. Back to Dean. I hate when coaches say "we have to find a way to get him on the field" like it takes an engineering degree to point to the field and say "get out there Dean!".

They never should have brought this guy in. We're stuck with him and that is the biggest problem the team has. Not the GM. Not the personnel. Not the QB. It's the fuckin' coach.

4 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

They never should have brought this guy in. We're stuck with him and that is the biggest problem the team has. Not the GM. Not the personnel. Not the QB. It's the fuckin' coach.

Starting to look that way...Don't worry he will bring in Andy Dalton next year to save the day!!!

52 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

Any suggestions from you guys?

The first is to lose the thought that this team will be turned around quickly.

Let Jameis go. Somebody will pay him enough money to earn a comp pick. DON'T sign a QB as a FA and lose the comp pick. Draft somebody. If not in round 1 or 2. Pick a third rounder and pay some guy a couple of mil to get his ass handed to him. We have $90 mil in cap space. Don't bring anyone in. That money goes to guys on the roster who are long termers. Weed out the bad apples. I have no idea if Howard is a good guy or bad guy but he doesn't seem all that interested in playing football at the moment. Trade the fucker while they can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder and take your losses. If he becomes a Pro Bowler somewhere else that's never been something I gave a shit about. Draft a couple of pass rushers or a replacement for Suh to play next to Vea. Draft a couple of Olineman. They should have a couple of extra picks this year in the 3rd and 5th round I believe.

2 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Starting to look that way...Don't worry he will bring in Andy Dalton next year to save the day!!!

I'll point out that those other things I mentioned are issues to be dealt with but none of them matter with Arians running the show and make no mistake about it, it's his show which Licht is simply doing what he is asked to.

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

It was Lurch who compared favorably to a young Peyton Manning. Jaboob was compared to Eli Manning by these aholes. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jameis-winston?id=2552485

Looking back at what experts said and who they compared him to is fucking hilarious.

He does suck. Maybe Jamesis compares favorably to uh, ...Jenna Jameson.

The Manning reference was sarcasm, the commentators today put up the 5 year interception comparison stat like it was supposed to make Buc fans feel better. Of course it was myself that made the mistake of mentioning Manning and Glennon in the same sentence, being reminded of that makes me want to repeat to those that couldn’t let go of that...you can still fuck off. Wasn’t Winston compared to Big Ben?

7 minutes ago, tb_buc said:

The Manning reference was sarcasm, the commentators today put up the 5 year interception comparison stat like it was supposed to make Buc fans feel better. Of course it was myself that made the mistake of mentioning Manning and Glennon in the same sentence, being reminded of that makes me want to repeat to those that couldn’t let go of that...you can still fuck off. Wasn’t Winston compared to Big Ben?

you watching Geoff he sucks ...I'd even take Winston over him 

Smith, Dotson,, Perriman, Dotson, and Leftwich all have to go.There lack of desire for the for the first three and the last two for ability will be a step in the right direction. David, White, Evans, Vea, Godwin and maybe Jones are enough to build a team around with or without Winston. Hargreaves jettison was a start. The season is over and you can start this week by cutting Perriman. The long pass from Winston to Miller gave me a little hope in both of them. Arians needs to light a fire in Marpet and make him take control of the line so he demands effort on every play from the OL. 

All I can say is that when your Franchise QB (Winston) performs at the same level as Ryan Fitzpatrick (journeyman) then you don't really have a franchise QB. Winston's performances are inconsistent. Sure it could be the offensive line. Sure it could be the receivers. Sure it could be the lobster bisque that he had for lunch. I don't care what IT is... it sucks and he is consistent about sucking over the course of a season. Time to move on.

If I bought this franchise (which I can't) I would fire Licht, Arians and most of the scouting staff. Not sure who I would hire to replace them, but they are blowing chunks.

I think they should let go of Leftwich and bring in Whisenhunt. Whisenhunt has always done great as OC he was let go from the Chargers because Lynn had to make some sort of change. Whisenhunt is not a great HC but OC he has proven his worth and you look at the history of when Steelers coaching staff have gotten together they have done pretty good. Bowles on the DC side is dealing with the fact they gave him no veterans in the DB field. They DB can not communicate to one another when it comes to coverage. 

5 minutes ago, BFFL said:

I think they should let go of Leftwich and bring in Whisenhunt. Whisenhunt has always done great as OC he was let go from the Chargers because Lynn had to make some sort of change. Whisenhunt is not a great HC but OC he has proven his worth and you look at the history of when Steelers coaching staff have gotten together they have done pretty good. Bowles on the DC side is dealing with the fact they gave him no veterans in the DB field. They DB can not communicate to one another when it comes to coverage. 

They could bring in anyone and it would be an improvement over Leftwhich