Sign in to follow this  
Axe

It Wasn't His Fault

17 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

I suppose it was also Jaboo's fault that Jones fumbled the ball...or miller dropped a td pass 

Nah, and one or two of his four sacks might not be his fault. Just like a couple of the 72 picks he's tossed might not be his fault. 

In fact it's kinda ridiculous to criticize his seemingly voluminous little faux pas since the poor bastard has taken well over 4000 snaps and they occur so few times a game.

10 hours ago, bucs63 said:

That might explain why he threw half as many interceptions than Winston too. Nope! They were Godwins fault.

(13:47) (Shotgun) J.Winston pass short right intended for C.Godwin INTERCEPTED by B.Murphy Jr. at TB 37. B.Murphy Jr. pushed ob at TB 37 for no gain.

(1:55) (Shotgun) J.Winston pass short middle intended for C.Godwin INTERCEPTED by J.Hicks (B.Baker) at TB 22. J.Hicks to TB 20 for 2 yards (C.Godwin).

I mean, I know no one here wants to hear this, but Godwin flat out fell down on that second INT, so yeah, it legitimately wasn’t Jameis’ fault.  

It's true that Winsome takes a lot of heat for others' miscues as all QB's do. How many catchable balls get tipped, picked, and added to a QB's stats? 

He didn't play poorly yesterday. The defense did. They still ate a W, and moved out of the bottom of the Division thanks in part to Atlanta no longer having an offense.

He played well enough that he's starting next year too unless some uptick occurs in inexplicable boobery through the remaining games. And that's not likely to occur until next season. It's the way shit usually works out in the Buc world. 

Embrace It 2020!

The defense played poorly against the Rams but unlike Seattle the D forced some critical turnovers just like they did yesterday against Arizona.. Dean's pick and Lavonte's forced fumble does not make up for Christian Kirk torching the D for three TDs but it was a positive contribution beyond its usual shit show. Jameis ought to get a little credit for moving the ball 92 yards and 6 plays and burning two of Arizona's timeouts in the process. Barber gets credit for his jump cut making a one yard TD run on a play that was not well blocked although the edge was sealed.

10 minutes ago, rook said:

The defense played poorly against the Rams but unlike Seattle the D forced some critical turnovers just like they did yesterday against Arizona.. Dean's pick and Lavonte's forced fumble does not make up for Christian Kirk torching the D for three TDs but it was a positive contribution beyond its usual shit show.

Can you name a game where the defense has played well? 

11 minutes ago, rook said:

Jameis ought to get a little credit for moving the ball 92 yards and 6 plays and burning two of Arizona's timeouts in the process. 

Not with this crowd... Next year they will be bitching about Carson Palmer or Cam Newton no way are they picking a QB with their first pick in the draft

As much as everyone hates the turnovers, Winston is a conundrum because he also moves the team down the field pretty well. The Bucs are 4th in the NFL in scoring. I'm just not sure there's an "everyman" QB who can do that without the turnovers and this is all with the Bucs defense not generating much in the way of turnovers.

Now is this worth $25mil per year vs. what else would be available? Different question.

22 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Now is this worth $25mil per year vs. what else would be available? Different question.

Honestly, $25m per year for an NFL starting QB these days is not all that bad.  Here's the list of QB's and their Average Annual Salary for their current contracts:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

1.  Russell Wilson:  $35m

2.  Ben Roethlisberger:  $34m

3. Jared Goff:  $33.5m

4. Aaron Rogers:  $33.5m

5. Carson Wentz:  $32m

6.  Matt Ryan:  $30m

7.  Kirk Cousins:  $28m

8  Jimmy Garoppolo:  $27.5m

9.  Matthew Stafford:  $27m

10.  Drew Brees:  $25m

11.  Derek Carr:  $25m

<-------At $25m Jameis would be here but would be leapfrogged by Mahomes and maybe a few others when they get new deals:

12.  Alex Smith:  $23.5

13.  Tom Brady:  $23m

14.  Joe Flacco:  $22.1m

15.  Nick Foles:  $22m

16.  Eli Manning:  $21m

17.  Philip Rivers:  $20.8m

18.  Cam Newton:  $20.7m

19.  Andy Dalton:  $16m

20.  Jacoby Brissett:  $15m

21.  Kyler Murray:  $8.8m

22.  Baker Mayfield:  $8.1m

23.  Sam Darnold:  $7.5m

24.  Mitchell Trubisky:  $7.3m

25.  Teddy Bridgewater:  $7.2m

26.  Daniel Jones:  $6.4m

27.  Jameis Winston:   $6.3m

28.  Marcus Mariota:  $6.1m

29.  Tyrod Taylor:  $5.5m

30.  Ryan Fitzpatrick:  $5.5m

31.  Josh Allen:  $5.3m

32.  Chase Daniel:  $5.0m

33.  Patrick Mahomes:  $4.1m

And so on...

So a few things to keep in mind:

- Contracts get bigger every year, so guys who signed 3 or 4 years ago may be making less than guys who signed last year even though they're better.

- Tom Brady doesn't care about money, he makes a gazillion dollars from Under Armour, and Gisselle is richer than he is, so him playing for $23m instead of $30m is nothing to him.  

- A lot of the guy on the lower end of this list are going to move right to the top of it when they get new deals - Patrick Mahomes is going to be making closer to $40m average next year.

I look at all that, and I don't think $25m for Jameis is crazy at all.  I'm not 100% convinced I'd give it to him, but if he could be talked into a 3 year deal with incentives and options after that, I think it would be smart to re-sign him and see what happens.  He makes $21m this year, so $25m isn't going to obliterate our salary cap compared to where it is right now.

Ever since the Steelers signed Minkah Fitzpatrick, their defense has improved greatly. And when Goff has had to play good defenses like the 49ers or the Steelers, he has looked less than stellar. Even as he was torching the Bucs, it seems like everyone of his turnovers led to a Bucs score.

This dump is still good for the occasional laugh.

People wanting to seriously pay Winston and bring him back next year. People quoting Michael fucking Clayton.Holy hell listening to them him talk makes my ears fucking bleed. What a complete moron.

This dumbass team will win enough to miss out on Burrows and Tua and will either be stuck with Jaboo or sign some washed up vet.

This franchise is almost as clueless as some of it's fans.

Go Bucs! 

32 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

People wanting to seriously pay Winston and bring him back next year. People quoting Michael fucking Clayton.Holy hell listening to them him talk makes my ears fucking bleed. What a complete moron.

This dumbass team will win enough to miss out on Burrows and Tua and will either be stuck with Jaboo or sign some washed up vet.

Go Bucs! 

I was offering money for him to fix the secondary. He'll always be Jaboob. Seems some still want him because the offense doesn't suck. Yup, that's what I'd hoped for when we used that first overall pick. 

4-12

Oh, and clueless? Arians sometimes looks that way on the sidelines. Good God a nurse needs to get the red flag away from him, sit him next to Tom Moore, and feed him tapioca pudding till it's over.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

Go Bucs! 

Bruce parroted Clayton in his presser today.    But fan knows more then an NFL coach and ex NFL WR.    Just hating to hate.

Winston has 14 interceptions and 2 fumbles (1 lost). So his TD to turnover ratio is basically 1 to 1. It's impossible for a team to win consistently when their QB hands the ball to the other team almost as often as he scores.

He has also been sacked 34 times, often because he simply holds onto the ball for too long and doesn't get rid of it. 

11 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Winston has 14 interceptions and 2 fumbles (1 lost). So his TD to turnover ratio is basically 1 to 1. It's impossible for a team to win consistently when their QB hands the ball to the other team almost as often as he scores.

He has also been sacked 34 times, often because he simply holds onto the ball for too long and doesn't get rid of it. 

Them the facts.

So "passing leaders" means the guys who have thrown for a bunch of yards? Never been an issue for Jaboo. If some want to blame the Bucs shitty defenses he's played with as the reasons he throws so many picks, I'd say the reason he throws for so many yards is an even more direct result of playing with a shitty defense.