Sign in to follow this  
Seafarer

Sundays Game

Last week I trashed Winston big time. Now aaaa Overall they played a very good game. Our CB's need to be better for sure.

Bucs made a few mistakes but most teams do every game. We ain't goin to superbowl but I'm interested to see the games now that they don't have to travel around the world.

Nice to see Jamis hit Evans constantly and goodwin few other receivers doing good as well. Just don't seem to get the win. Flip of the coin could have beeb the difference

Agreed. We are close.

Just need....

A QB

3 CBs

2 Safeties 

RT

HC

OC

DC 

GM

President of Football Ops

New Owners

Ok that's my glass completely empty with air take.

Here is my glass mostly full of shit take. 

The offense is fine and scoring a bunch. Draft a RT to replace Dotson. Draft a QB.

The defensive front 7 is pretty good. The secondary is very young and Dean, SMB and Carlton will get much better by years end. Sign a vet CB to replace VH3.

Arians and his staff get a pass for year one and will bring in the 3-5 players they need to replace this offseason. 

Next year is THE year!

Go Buc 2020!

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Agreed. We are close.

Next year is THE year!

:rotflmao

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Bucs motto. 

I remember John McKay on his TV show back in preseason '79 saying they were contenders. That was one year.

He also said if you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, experience isn't too important.

But a playoff contender? The Bucs record shows they made it to the playoffs 23% of their seasons. Doesn't seem like it's been that much. But there were those Dungy and Gruden anomaly years that screw up the the average. 

Go Bucs Next Year!

I get that it's always excuses... but there are some things worth considering:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1191323738169434114

Through 8 games the Bucs have scored 230 points - most in team history.  

https://twitter.com/bucwild007/status/1191336320536326149

The Bucs have had a lead in 5 of their 7 losses - a few of those leads were significant ones (25-10 vs. Giants, 21-7 vs. Seattle, 23-17 vs. Tennessee late in the game).  

Meanwhile, the team is nearing the end of a stretch of 7 weeks without a home game.  Jameis has been his inconsistent self, but has still had the team in a position to win a lot of those games, and the defense has simply been pure shit.  

I wouldn't give him a 5 year $150 million contract, but I'd consider trying to get him for something reasonable, or franchise him while you take yet another shot at fixing this god-awful secondary play.  QB isn't even close to being this team's biggest problem.  The Bucs haven't been able to cover since they went 10-6 in 2010 . 

Bucs passing defense (YPG) by year:

2019:  293.5 - 31st

2018:  259.4 - 26th

2017:  260.6 - 32nd

2016:  250.8 - 22nd

2015:  240.0 - 16th (Woo hoo!)

2014:  255.2 - 28th

2013:  237.9 - 17th

2012:  297.4 - 32st

2011:  238.4 - 21st

For once in his career, I want to see what Jameis could be with a team that is capable of holding a fucking lead, so he doesn't have to go out there and do dumb shit because he knows that if they don't score on every drive they'll lose while the defense gives up 35.

The defense has to improve. I remember thinking even though running a no huddle made Dare's tying one yard plunge TD easy as the Seahawks were clearly not ready but it left too much time on the clock (46 seconds). It is ridiculous to think that except Wilson takes it right down the field and has what should have been the game winning FG.

Jones playing his first game as a rookie QB starter has his best game of the year against the Bucs. Even a game the Bucs won this year against the Rams and last year against the Saints shows that scoring 48 points on offense gives you a squeaker win. You know what Jameis record is in games with multiple TDs and no Turnovers

When Fitz Magic was trying to do his thing last year, the constant pressure to put up a gazillion points hurt him as well. It can not last a season. We do not have the running game to keep the defense off the field. And even though last week the Bucs controlled time of possession, it did not take Seattle long to score.

So all Jaboo needs now is a secondary?

Bahahahahah

You can't make this shit up.

Sure the secondary sucks and needs to be fixed.

But this team needs a consistent QB just as much.

If they bring Jaboo back next year....pffft.

5 years in with plenty of weapons and coaching, he is what he is. 

But I'm sure the Yucs will sign him or franchise him.

13 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

So all Jaboo needs now is a secondary?

Bahahahahah

You can't make this shit up.

Laugh all you want but yeah, if this team wasn't perpetually needing a 30 point lead to eek out a 3 point win, I think he'd make far fewer mistakes.  

All those years with shit secondary play, here's how many games the Bucs lost by 1 score or less in each of them (again) going back to our 10 win season:

2019 - 4 (through half a season)

2018 - 7

2017 - 7

2016 - 4

2015 - 4

2014 - 9

2013 - 4

2012 - 7

2011 - 3

That's 49 losses since 2011 by 8 points or less, and without having written it all down, I bet in a fucking ton of those the Bucs gave up 30+ points.

3 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

For once in his career, I want to see what Jameis could be with a team that is capable of holding a fucking lead, so he doesn't have to go out there and do dumb shit because he knows that if they don't score on every drive they'll lose while the defense gives up 35.

So that's the problem. Winston takes big risks when the Bucs have a lead because he's afraid the other team will catch up. Ummmm K.  I knew he was fucked in the head, but I didn't realize just how much.

4 hours ago, UncleBuc said:

For Jaboo, I can't wait to see him tossing TDs in NE or Pit next season and laugh at you morons who think he's the reason we suck.    

What is laughable is thinking he isn't part of the reason we suck.........

47 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

QB's don't control receivers routs, drops, OL allowed disruptive pressure, penalty negated positive plays, or bad play calls.

When it comes down to it, QB's, and especially Winston, really shouldn't be blamed for much of anything. Seems Arians has that figured ou

Exactly, and adding to the pile of things that aren't Jameis' fault but suck for the team overall... the schedule that has that fucked up road trip that we're in the middle of is also the toughest strength-of-schedule in the NFL through 9 weeks:

437964179_ScreenShot2019-11-06at3_06_28PM.thumb.jpg.b1c523e223b423b9c5a88ededad2e52e.jpg

5 fucking years of mediocre play, and a QB who is not elevating the play of his offensive teammates around him.  Takes over for Fitztragic, and it takes us another half the season to figure out which QB is worse.  But, I get it that you feel the 'general' on the field doesn't impact the performance of the other players around him, but when a team leader grabs an Uber driver by the pussy and gets suspended for a bunch of games, the team leader argument becomes pretty solid.  He's not entirely to blame, but after 5 years, he's looking a lot more like a journeyman QB than a franchise QB.

The Bucs defense is constantly dead last.. When the Bucs had its last winning season in 2016, the defense had a 6 out of a 8 game stretch in where they played decent. Holding the Bears to 10, KC to 17, Seattle 5, and New Orleans 12 was outstanding. Chargers hurt them but then Phillip Rivers gift wrapped as he usually does a couple of bad picks. Hell Rivers did that in 2012 against our last place D.

Dallas had a practice squad DT punk our starting RT. We should have kept the Dallas DT starter health. The Bucs were tied until that guy came in. Brees picked us apart after the Bucs D punked him in Tampa. I will give the D a pass there. Cam punked himself with a dumb ass pick 6 to Grimes. I will not forgive the D for giving 626 yards to the Raiders. Atlanta crushing us and Case Keenum and a putrid Jeff Fisher offense tearing our D apart. Although Aguayo gave the Rams an assist as the missed FG and extra point had the Bucs chasing two point conversions.

18 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

5 fucking years of mediocre play, and a QB who is not elevating the play of his offensive teammates around him.  

Ah okay, so it's Jameis' fault that guys like Scottie Miller can't get it done, OJ Howard is under-performing, and there are a few weak links on the O-line because he's not elevating their play - but it's probably got nothing to do with him that Godwin and Evans are the best WR duo in the league, and that Ronald Jones is really coming on, or that Marpet and Jensen are pretty solid.  Or that Humphries was amazing in Tampa and shit in Tennessee... 

I'll be the first to admit that Jameis isn't a top ten QB without major problems in his game, but blaming him for all of this shit is petty and simple.  The players around him are often undisciplined and for every drive that he ends with a turnover, three end from dumb holding calls.  The Bucs have had more than their fair share of bullshit reasons that things don't go well or that they frequently lose close games from inept kicking, to MRSA, to this brutal schedule, to playing in a division with Cam Netwon, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan instead of one with the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills.   

There's Jameis, but games are won and lost with QB play, as well as the play of everyone else on the team, plus coaching, scheme, game plans, match ups, conditioning, injuries, discipline, penalties, bad calls, strength of schedule, crowd noise,  play calling, weather...  Football is a game with a thousand variables that add up to failure or success, and you're trying to boil it down to one guy with abstract arguments like "he's the general on the field" - it's dumb. 

3 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

"Holding the Bears to 10, KC to 17, Seattle 5, and New Orleans 12"

When a defense plays that well, a good QB with decent tools should win those 4. 

Rook is talking about 2017, not 2016, and the Jameis-led Bucs did win all four of those games. 

47 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Rook is talking about 2017, not 2016, and the Jameis-led Bucs did win all four of those games. 

It was the 9-7  season which I thought was 2016. The Seattle game started out 14-0 in the first quarter with two TD passes to Evans. If you want to see passes thrown on a dime, take a look at the passes on those two drives. Not just the TDs but 3rd and long conversions to Evans. The 4th quarterback comeback against the Chargers was a thing of beauty as well. You may want to look at the 3rd down conversion sin the KC game. The Chicago 36-10 win had those incredible passes to Evans and the TD pass to Air Guitarist Freddie Martino. He beat FAU db Crevon LeBlanc.