Sign in to follow this  
Seafarer

Sundays Game

One of the big problems is certainly the money issue (cap issue) Winston brings. It is almost an all or nothing situation. This isn't a Shawn King being replaced by a guy I knew was an immediate upgrade in Brad Johnson. There isn't a guy I see who will logically be available who is a definitive upgrade to Winston. They all have issues although different ones and many of them won't save the Bucs much in cap room.

The deadline to release Perriman and pick up a 4th round comp pick has passed. The team is 2-6. Perriman's made 1 play for the Bucs (the TD catch last week) and 1 play against the Bucs (the TFL at the goal line). The comp pick is more like an early 5th rounder. The Bucs owe nothing to Perriman after this season. Did it make any sense to hang on to him?

I'm thinking no but maybe when you have a 67 year old head coach who is supposedly in "win now" mode he thinks yes.

I'll guess if we all heard Perriman was traded for a late 4th or early 5th we'd probably look at it positively. Not these guys though.

Perriman has killer deep speed. He's perfect for Winston to not connect with down field and has the hands for the drops we're used to seeing. His tip catch for a TD was masterful and I'm sure Leftwich has opposing defenses having to prepare for it now that he's shown it.

A coach would have to be an idiot to want him gone for a draft pick that wouldn't even net an idiot kicker.