Sign in to follow this  
Axe

Forget McCoy,, FUCK Asshat Winston !!

On 10/14/2019 at 9:54 PM, Gulf Shore Steve said:

The problem with this line of thinking is that one game like this you may be able to explain away, point fingers elsewhere or whatever one wants to call it. It's not one game.

Thank you for your reply. I was just using this game as an example but a lot of my points were what I've observed over multiple games. Look at what I said about the OC abandoning the run game and the O-line. Also I'm not expunging Winston I'm just saying that all the turnovers aren't his fault. (most are especially the fumbles from not getting rid of the ball and bad ball security) Plus look over at the Falcons and look at how they have regress under Dirk. He was the tutor over the first four years. Winston does have his faults without a doubt but the loss this week was a total team loss. From the fumbles to the defense not stopping the Panthers on third down when they are backed up on their on goal line and during crucial moments during the game. I do worry that if we get rid of Winston we'll have another Steve Young situation where hell go elsewhere and win a Championship for someone else. Lastly He was pretty good weeks 2-5, but when he's bad he's bad. Ride with him to the end of the year and then decide what to do then.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:22 AM, fanofdabucs said:

Baloney.

Draft a QB when you have a chance to get one like Burrow, or a few others that will be in this QB loaded draft.

Your constant thinking that you can build a great team THEN draft a QB is fantasyland stuff.

If the Bucs were able to draft a Joe Burrow next year, he would be walking into an offense loaded with weapons. Set at WR, TE  and RB. Then sign or draft  a RT.

Yo

Occasionally, there might be a QB that is a lock, but there are usually teams losing games to target them.  But the Bucs have a horrible track record at developing QBs, and when we draft early in the 1st, we piss away 5 season in hopes that it pays off dividends.  How many seasons have we completely pissed away on these scrubs?   Then our one Super Bowl was led by a QB we picked up in free agency.

8 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Occasionally, there might be a QB that is a lock, but there are usually teams losing games to target them.  But the Bucs have a horrible track record at developing QBs, and when we draft early in the 1st, we piss away 5 season in hopes that it pays off dividends.  How many seasons have we completely pissed away on these scrubs?   Then our one Super Bowl was led by a QB we picked up in free agency.

First of all, the QBs we have drafted weren't all great. It was more about the talent level of those QBs than developing them. Please don't give me the "Dilfer won a super bowl" speech.

Secondly, the Superbowl was won by a historically great defense, solid set of skilled players, an underrated OL and a team that stayed very healthy all year. Loved Brad Johnson, but come on.

Lastly, a first round pick isn't a lock at any position. So this thought of avoiding a potential franchise QB because youre afraid he might be a bust, is ridiculous.

I think if you're not 100% sold on your current starting QB, that you should draft a QB at some point in the draft every year. 

Unless something drastically changes with Winston over the course of the next 10 games, he wont be here next year. And if that's the case, the Bucs would be making a huge mistake not going after a QB in next year's draft. This draft is going to be loaded with "potential" franchise QB.

And you dont have to wait 5 years for these kids to perform. See Mahomes, Watson, Murray, Daniels, Minshew, Kyle Allen, Josh Allen, Darnold...

12 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Take a wild stab at the team that has scored the most points in the NFC. Go ahead. Think about it. What team in the NFC has scored the most points?

Drumroll…

It’s the Bucs! Yes it is! No sh!t, it’s the Bucs!

Looks like we should franchise Jaboo 

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2019/10/jarring-statistic/#more-228969

I guess it proves the coach(es), and GM providing a dearth of defensive talent, are the reason the team sucks so fuckin hard. 

If Arians can't win with the top scoring offense using the former number one overall talent, they should fire the whole lot and start over. Now.

😀

34 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Take a wild stab at the team that has scored the most points in the NFC. Go ahead. Think about it. What team in the NFC has scored the most points?

Drumroll…

It’s the Bucs! Yes it is! No sh!t, it’s the Bucs!

Looks like we should franchise Jaboo 

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2019/10/jarring-statistic/#more-228969

we should run the fucking ball and keep our shitty defense off the field.

My question is who do you want to replace Winston with? I know you take a chance with whoever you draft but think about the top QB

Tua - Scares me because of the talent around him he reminds me of all the USC QB that look so good but were also coached by  Sarkisian

Herbet-Runs that Oregon type offense which we see where Marriota is at

Burrows-Is interesting because he has a Saints assistant now on the staff helping him

Hurts- A product of Riley like Mayfield and Murray question is still out on both of them

I like them to take a look at a QB who is good but not surrounded with extreme talent.

39 minutes ago, BFFL said:

Herbet-Runs that Oregon type offense which we see where Marriota is at

The Oregon offense is different than it was under Kelly. It's a read-option offense but not the triangulation offense Kelly runs. Virtually all college teams which have a QB who'd be coming into the pros run this style of offense. That doesn't mean Herbert is the guy but he shouldn't be dinged because of another QB in another offense.

Also, in a general sense, the cost of the player must be taken into account. Winston will likely require a raise in order to keep him. For the value of the play the Bucs would be getting, it's simply tying too much money up in the position. If his cap hit was a rookie contract hit maybe you kick the can down the road another season. At $25mil? I don't see how they do that.

Wishful thinking???

MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg

I remember Carson Palmer struggling through the first half of his first season under Bruce Arians, then turning the corner and rejuvenating his career. We’ll see if that happens to #Bucs QB Jameis Winston, but history shows it could. Look at Palmer’s 1st season, via :

2:37 PM · Oct 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

22 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

First of all, the QBs we have drafted weren't all great. It was more about the talent level of those QBs than developing them. Please don't give me the "Dilfer won a super bowl" speech.

Secondly, the Superbowl was won by a historically great defense, solid set of skilled players, an underrated OL and a team that stayed very healthy all year. Loved Brad Johnson, but come on.

Lastly, a first round pick isn't a lock at any position. So this thought of avoiding a potential franchise QB because youre afraid he might be a bust, is ridiculous.

I think if you're not 100% sold on your current starting QB, that you should draft a QB at some point in the draft every year. 

Unless something drastically changes with Winston over the course of the next 10 games, he wont be here next year. And if that's the case, the Bucs would be making a huge mistake not going after a QB in next year's draft. This draft is going to be loaded with "potential" franchise QB.

And you dont have to wait 5 years for these kids to perform. See Mahomes, Watson, Murray, Daniels, Minshew, Kyle Allen, Josh Allen, Darnold...

It has been over 30 years of us pissing away seasons supporting and developing 1st round draft pick QBs that weren't very good.  Maybe instead of doing the same thing over and over, we should try a different path.   I agree that the QBs we drafted weren't very good.  Not only did we piss away talent and money on them, but then we turn around and piss away 5+ seasons on them.  Of course QBs CAN develop earlier than that, but when they don't develop, the Bucs keep them as the starter because we used a 1st on them.  Also because we are drafting them at a point when we are rebuilding the rest of the team, we don't have a good enough supporting cast to properly evaluate them, so by the time they develop, we are probably going to pay free agency money to keep them.

Fuck putting all our hopes on some first round QB.  Grab guys in later rounds and free agency and have them fight it out until the cream rises to the top.  We'd just be better off trading that 1st rounder for talent while looking for diamonds in the rough.  And if some 3rd-6th rounder doesn't pan out, we aren't spending those years on them.

And then there is the impact on coaching because no head coach is going to survive poor play from these "talented" quarterbacks.

12 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

It has been over 30 years of us pissing away seasons supporting and developing 1st round draft pick QBs that weren't very good.  Maybe instead of doing the same thing over and over, we should try a different path.   I agree that the QBs we drafted weren't very good.  Not only did we piss away talent and money on them, but then we turn around and piss away 5+ seasons on them.  Of course QBs CAN develop earlier than that, but when they don't develop, the Bucs keep them as the starter because we used a 1st on them.  Also because we are drafting them at a point when we are rebuilding the rest of the team, we don't have a good enough supporting cast to properly evaluate them, so by the time they develop, we are probably going to pay free agency money to keep them.

Fuck putting all our hopes on some first round QB.  Grab guys in later rounds and free agency and have them fight it out until the cream rises to the top.  We'd just be better off trading that 1st rounder for talent while looking for diamonds in the rough.  And if some 3rd-6th rounder doesn't pan out, we aren't spending those years on them.

And then there is the impact on coaching because no head coach is going to survive poor play from these "talented" quarterbacks.

This franchise has been pissing away draft picks AT EVERY FUCKING position, period.

They've drafted all of 4 first round QB in 33 years of drafting.

It's not about the lack of talent here or able coaches, it's about selecting the RIGHT fucking QB!! 

Did anyone (other than Raheem) think Josh Freeman was a good pick?? Winston had questions about his character and his inconsistent play and turnovers in college.

They've pissed away as many years on scrub QBs like Simms, Griese, Gradkowski, Erickson, Thompson, King...hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Pfffft.

This argument about avoiding potential franchise QBs because Trent fucking Dilfer, Josh party boy Freeman and Jaboo turnover machine Winston, didn't pan out is ridiculous.

If this team has a chance to get Tua or Burrows and pass, then draft some more DBs and kickers...ill be done.

27 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Did anyone (other than Raheem) think Josh Freeman was a good pick?? Winston had questions about his character and his inconsistent play and turnovers in college.

Yes. And by his second year plenty did. He and Raheehawchestbump had us at 10 -6. We had it going on and that was the best year in the last decade.

42 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

They've pissed away as many years on scrub QBs like Simms, Griese, Gradkowski, Erickson, Thompson, King...hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Nearly every damn one of those QB's brought some hope and hardon if for only a brief moment. (Like the after a draft press conference.)

We missed out on some that were forced to wither on the roster. Fans calls for Fusina to replace Williams fell on deaf ears. Who can forget the buzz for guys like Weldon, Josh Johnson, Hamilton, or the one who was so aggressively touted, tooted, and ball-lapped here as the one legitimate NFL QB on the roster; Eric Zeier. (OK, the last one was getting sucked of by that asshat fish enough to qualify for all of Bucdom.)

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

This argument about avoiding potential franchise QBs because Trent fucking Dilfer, Josh party boy Freeman and Jaboo turnover machine Winston, didn't pan out is ridiculous.

If this team has a chance to get Tua or Burrows and pass, then draft some more DBs and kickers...ill be done.

Yep, ridiculous. The Bucs need to continue following their plan; If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed. 

The fact that they "only drafted 4' since 1987 isn't a selling point because the Bucs put everything behind those QBs and waited for years in hopes that they would become the franchise QB they wanted.  I mean that's 22 years of shit QB play right there.   Then with the Super Bowl team and Gruden, we took a decade off.

5 hours ago, bucs63 said:

Funny Glennon wasn't mentioned. He was awesome during the exhibition season for Gruden.

And why isn't he starting?  Because Gruden has competition at the QB position and went a player drafted in the 2nd round.