Sign in to follow this  
mistermarty

Off topic, kinda

Visited Tropicana field today and thoroughly enjoyed the victory. The Rays team has been a pleasure to watch all year, however, the game experience that Stu Sturnberg delivered was embarrassing. Dirty, horrible concessions, and a complete lack of any excitement for the fan. Between the Glazetards and Burnberg they make the Lightning organization seem like the second coming of Jesus. Shame on the Rays ownership.

Yesterday was the only time that I have seen the Trop full with mostly Rays fans. The trouble is you can not play baseball in Florida without a dome stadium which are very expensive.  Even a higher cost if you used a retractable dome that the Toronto Blue Jays have.

It is not only ungodly hot in Tampa but it rains constantly to force double headers or rain delays that can make a 9 inning game last 5 to 6 hours or more.. God forbid if a rain delayed game goes into extra innings. I am just shocked that our scouts and front office is not constantly raided every year as this team found a way to reduce its bottom of MLB payroll by 16 million dollars and still win more games.

Honestly never had a big problem with the Trop. It's not pretty and it's not the coziest place, but they've done what they can with that venue.  I love getting tickets on the ledge in left field, where you can mingle and walk around with bar service  - it's like hanging in a sports bar with your buddies, only the big screen happens to be a baseball game going on in real life.  

There's plenty of parking - food selections could be better, and I'm not crazy about the no-cash policy. But for the most part the staff is friendly and accommodating.  My kids are too old now for the Rays tank but they loved it; nice little feature.  

If I have one big gripe it's that they did away with the Cuesta Ray Cigar Bar upstairs. I enjoyed that place.  Sometimes I'd spend more time in there and on the terrace outside than watching the game from my seat....

On 10/8/2019 at 6:15 AM, fanofdabucs said:

Never had any problems with the Trop. Easy to park, can bring your own food, comfortable and affordable.

Sure it's outdated and they need a new stadium, but seems like a strange thing bitch about after a sellout and season like they've delivered.

Go Rays!

The Trop is one of the easiest ballparks I have ever parked at and entered the stadium. Zero incidents every time I have ever been.