Sign in to follow this  
rook

what a win. Rays tie in the 9th and win the 11th 8-7

Dodger fans are upset with their closer Kenley Jepsen who has blown 8 saves on a team with 98 wins and is 43 games over 500. He likely got cheated on a non third strike call on Choi in the 9th but the umpire was horribly inconsistent all night. The two people who suffered the most with his mystery strike zone was Meadows and Wendle. DeWayne Staats questioned whether Meadows was perceived as kicking the umpire's dog. Balls way outside and high were being called strikes. He was unfairly inconsistent with a number of the hitters on both teams.

Choi's hit after the non 3rd strike made it 6-5. Rays pinch ran Duffy with their speedster Davis from the minors and he made to third. D" Arnaud hist a game tying sacrifice fly. In the 11th Meadows hit a HR. Pham doubled, moved to 3rd on an infield out and scored on Choi's Sacrifice fly. What made the 11th inning a freakout was Garcia dropped an easy pop fly after running a long way to get there. An error that led to a Dodger run and a cliffhanger ending. Fairbanks struck out Russell Martin for the third out with two men on. I was afraid they were going to tie it and make the game even longer. At that point, I wanted the game over.

Umpires behind the dish have been horribly inconsistent all season. Baseball wants to talk about juiced balls and the amount of homeruns hit this season. Maybe they ought to take a look at the inconsistencies in umpires strike zones that leads to pitchers hanging meat over the heart of the plate for hitters to tee off on. I would start there. Baseball will eventually go to an automated strike zone (and that will suck for the record) because of the inability for human umpires to consistently get it right.

And for the record, I think the Rays are one of the top 4 best teams that should be playing in the postseason. My Braves go through too many ups and downs and if they aren't smacking homeruns, they are far easier to beat. I haven't seen the Yankees play enough to know if they are the favorites, but a 100-win season is hard to dispute. I have seen enough of the Dodgers to know they are a beatable team. The "wild card" (not talking about the playoff position) for both leagues seam to be the central contenders.