Sign in to follow this  
mrhotwhls

WINSTON CONTINUES TO BLOW

5 minutes ago, mrhotwhls said:

Winston fucks up another game with 3 picks. Off to another losing season with this asshole! Please, someone take this Fuckin Idiot out back & shoot him!!!

If Arians, the QB whisperer, can’t get Winston on track this season, we’ll need to draft a new QB next spring and start over. It’s a long season and this was only one game, but it was a rough start for Jameis.

2 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Man you guys are bitter 

How many good/great games have we gotten from Winston?

If he doesn't make some big strides this year, the #1 priority for the Bucs should be to never draft an early 1st round QB again.  We don't have the stability in coaching to develop them, and we typically don't have an adequate supporting staff to make them shine.  Testeverde, Dilfer, Freeman, Winston....enough already.

I'm not defending Winston at all because he played a lousy game but he also did not have a lot of people to throw to. The receivers were not getting open and when they did a penalty would call the play back just like last year. I like to know why know one here is talking about Howards two turnovers. Yes Winston sucked but ask this question to at least last year anytime a guy got hit in the head like he took they were taken out to be looked at for a concussion that did not happen. This is not an excuse for him I honestly wondered why that did not happen. I will also say I watch a lot of games this weekend and there was a lot of poor QB played for the first game by numerous guys. 

The OL didn't play all that bad. Winston had time. He just can't make a decision. There were some breakdowns on the OL but they played well enough.

Also....why does it seem that when Winston has these types of games which he's had too often, the immediate reaction is to begin to explain away why the issue wasn't on him. A game like this which was an anomaly would be one thing and it would make sense for said search. The fact that this is 5 years of the same shit gives him virtually no benefit of the doubt with me and probably most fans but it will to Arians who can't lose his QB after week 1.

This was one of his worst performances ever considering the opponent, the supposed rescue by the QB whisperer and the fact that the guy is in his 5th year in the league.

10 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Winston had a shit game, but before we completely lose our minds we should keep in mind stuff like the INT that bounced off Howard's hands... the shit play by the offensive line, the 2 TD's wiped out by holding calls, an itd stuff like this...

Sounds like there's more sucking going on than just Winston.  Did Arians mention any coaches?

1 minute ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

The OL didn't play all that bad. Winston had time. He just can't make a decision. There were some breakdowns on the OL but they played well enough.

I'm just a guy watching on TV, but I didn't think they looked very good.  The run game was pretty solid at times, but Winston rarely had a clean pocket.  On a lot of those plays where he did have time, before he ever had a chance to step into a throw on time the pocket collapsed and he found himself dancing around behind a tangle of offensive and defensive linemen.  

Howard's fumble didn't help, Evans being sick and ineffective didn't help... I'm not convinced that Byron Leftwich is as amazing an OC as Arians is telling us he'll be... 

But hey, at least the kicker didn't blow it!

8 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Also....why does it seem that when Winston has these types of games which he's had too often, the immediate reaction is to begin to explain away why the issue wasn't on him.

Two points.  One, the first part of my post was that Winston had a shit game.

Secondly, the reason for the dissecting, is because there are 22 guys on the field at any given time.  Sometimes the QB has a shit game and that's the end of the story, sometimes the guys around him do completely shit the bed and mess up an otherwise good thing.  Sometimes it's somewhere in-between.  Just putting Ryan Griffin in or shit-canning the coach every other season isn't necessarily going to fix anything.

2 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Two points.  One, the first part of my post was that Winston had a shit game.

That's really all that needs to be said. As I mentioned, if this was an anomaly than pulling the game apart piece by piece to try and figure out a way this isn't the QBs fault to a great degree would be more pertinent. However we've seen this too many times for this not to be a continuation of what we've seen in the past.

Ryan Griffin may not be an improvement at all but it's better than watching the same thing over and over again for 5 years.

5 hours ago, BFFL said:

I'm not defending Winston at all because he played a lousy game but he also did not have a lot of people to throw to. The receivers were not getting open and when they did a penalty would call the play back just like last year. I like to know why know one here is talking about Howards two turnovers. Yes Winston sucked but ask this question to at least last year anytime a guy got hit in the head like he took they were taken out to be looked at for a concussion that did not happen. This is not an excuse for him I honestly wondered why that did not happen. I will also say I watch a lot of games this weekend and there was a lot of poor QB played for the first game by numerous guys. 

The focus would have been on OJ Howard fumbling in the red zone and causing an interception, and on Dotson’s two holding calls calling back touchdowns passes. But Winston took over the narrative by throwing 2 pick sixes. Sure, a lot of quarterbacks sucked yesterday. But Winston now leads the league in turnovers since he entered the league.