Sign in to follow this  
JOEinPHX

Aside from the obvious...

...this sounds like Arians saying "all that quarterback whisperer stuff is bullshit, so I'll just start covering my ass right now."

Bruce Arians: Jameis Winston needs a better team around him

Posted by Josh Alper on July 25, 2019, 8:35 AM EDT

gettyimages-1147190369-1-e1564058119616.
Getty Images

The biggest storyline of the Buccaneers offseason has been what the arrival of head coach Bruce Arians will mean for quarterback Jameis Winston.

Winston is entering his fifth season and the first overall pick of the 2015 draft has no contract beyond this year, which sets the stage for the team to make a big decision about his future. There’s been a lot of discussion about the things Winston needs to clean up in his game in order to put together the kind of season that would lead to a long-term commitment, but Arians doesn’t believe the entire onus is on the quarterback.

During an appearance on The Jim Rome Show, Arians stressed the need for others to step up to help Winston reach a higher level of play.

“Put a better team around him,” Arians said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “Run the ball better. Play better defense. Don’t play from behind where he’s got to throw it 50 times and put the onus on him to win the game and make kicks. That’s been a bugaboo around here for a while. So yeah, just put a better football team around him so that he can just play quarterback. He doesn’t have to be Superman.”

The Bucs didn’t radically overhaul their personnel in either the run game or on defense, so getting better results will rely in some part on whether the systems installed by Arians and defensive coordinator Todd Bowles are better suited to the players on hand.

Slightly better defense and a league average kicking game and this team wins 6-8 more games over the past two seasons.  And then Winston doesn't have to feel like he's got to score a touchdown on every play.  Personally, I buy what Arians is saying and I don't think he's covering his ass with that statement.  

I think Arians is correct... the issue is will this team produce a better defense and have adequate kicking? Winston is currently an above average QB, but the team around him has been below average.

33 minutes ago, TouchDownTampaBay said:

The scarf and babushka was a good choice to compliment the shirtless overalls if you're trying to make a statement at Walmart. But the purse he's carrying looks a little bulky. 

Yeah, At least when Winston is being an ass clown it's only random moments. 

10 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

The scarf and babushka was a good choice to compliment the shirtless overalls of you're trying to make a statement at Walmart. But the purse he's carrying looks a little bulky. 

Yeah, At least when Winston is being an ass clown it's only random moments. 

Hahaha, so true! Cam is turning into a combo of Real Housewives of Charlotte and Steven Tyler!

28 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

The scarf and babushka was a good choice to compliment the shirtless overalls if you're trying to make a statement at Walmart. But the purse he's carrying looks a little bulky. 

I disagree. The bulky purse is a perfect compliment to his bulky vaginal area and is most likely more a functional necessity to carry his tampons than a fashion statement.  

51 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

At least when Winston is being an ass clown it's only random moments. 

Ahh...a little perspective.  Always a good thing.

I'm reminded of a story I heard from a former Bucs coach.  Prior to a game in Carolina, he was on the field, speaking with former Bucs receiver Russell Shepard - just the two of them.  He asked Russell if Cam was really the complete asshole he seemed to be.  Russell looked around to be sure they were alone, then said. "Oh yeah."

2 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

Cam is an asshole and now he has....Gerald McCuddle to watch his asshole..... 

It’s only a matter of time before Scam and McCnt are discovered spooning, covered in jism and ass juice.  Fuck them both except you know they love it up the ass.  

5 hours ago, Tundra said:

It’s only a matter of time before Scam and McCnt are discovered spooning, covered in jism and ass juice.  Fuck them both except you know they love it up the ass.  

They are trying to recruit Michael Sams to Bat: clean up....

4 minutes ago, jobuc597 said:

They are trying to recruit Michael Sams to Bat: clean up....

Oh yeah, him. Making out with his boyfriend with cake smashed all over their faces. Real fucking impressive for a locker room full of (mostly) alpha males who love pussy and don't much want fags around. 

3 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Oh yeah, him. Making out with his boyfriend with cake smashed all over their faces. Real fucking impressive for a locker room full of (mostly) alpha males who love pussy and don't much want fags around. 

Sams is out.....Cam....just can't find the door knob in the closet...

13 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

Sams is out.....Cam....just can't find the door knob in the closet...

I had a chemistry teacher who liked to tell this joke:

It's possible to get VD from a doorknob, but it would be very awkward.

Hopefully Cam's ass finds it in that dark closet. He seems athletic enough.

9 hours ago, Tundra said:

Geraldine Btch McCoy is the small spoon, no doubt about it.

Fckn cnt.