Sign in to follow this  
Gulf Shore Steve

Post Mini-Camp state of Bucs from BA

7 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

During the offseason, all of the reports from camps around the league are way too upbeat and optimistic. 

But if Arians/Leftwich can coach Winston to make better decisions with the ball, Suh/Vea dominate in the trenches, David/White form the fastest LB duo in the league, and the myriad of draft picks spent on the secondary pay off with a decent pass defense, this could be a playoff team. Lots of ifs there, but the pieces are in place to finally make the playoffs again. Better coaches, better talent, more toughness and speed, and a coherent vision for winning...it’s nice to have hope again.

I love BA’s candor.  We all know Jameis. He has improving to do. BA knows that and what he said is consistent with that. The STRIVR thing sounds cooler than shit and you know Jameis will eat that shit up.

Love the story about Dot. Love the candor about Barber. Obvious that Bowles thinks Suh is The Man and Gertrude or whatever the fuck batgirl’s name is — wasn’t. 

Show me but I beat off constantly. 

3 hours ago, Axe said:

I've been in "Show me, don't tell me" mode with this franchise for so long that I don't know any other way to be at this point.

Nice pc  tho,  I'm hearing Winston had,,,  a, subpar camp.. :(

I haven't heard much about Winston. How was it subpar?

BA didn’t really rave about Jameis.  He said he was fine with where Jameis is at and the. talked about how hard Carson Palmer worked to learn his reads, and that sometimes Jameis wouldn’t get it right away but then would pick it up.  

BA will not hide Jameis if he really has peaked - so we will see. 

3 hours ago, Tundra said:

BA didn’t really rave about Jameis.  He said he was fine with where Jameis is at and the. talked about how hard Carson Palmer worked to learn his reads, and that sometimes Jameis wouldn’t get it right away but then would pick it up.  

BA will not hide Jameis if he really has peaked - so we will see. 

I think the goal has been to give Winston every possible advantage so that he sinks or swims on his own merits. There are no more excuses. It's year 5, he has a QB guru as a coach, and what may be the best group of receiving targets in football. If he can't get it done this year with all the talent around him, it"s time to move on. 

19 hours ago, tfree32 said:

I think the goal has been to give Winston every possible advantage so that he sinks or swims on his own merits. There are no more excuses. It's year 5, he has a QB guru as a coach, and what may be the best group of receiving targets in football. If he can't get it done this year with all the talent around him, it"s time to move on. 

And if he doesn't there will still be plenty of excuse from the Winston can do wrong crowd. 

I think he has a fantastic season with the QB Whisperer and all of those targets. 

Give them a defense that doesnt completely  suck and the wins will come.

23 hours ago, tfree32 said:

This is it. And BA isn’t going to rave hollow platitudes. But he’ll be straight up about it. No fear of confrontation with this Head Coach. 

And Fuck Gertrude! Suh 2019!!!

4 hours ago, Tundra said:

And scheme the run game to the strengths (?) of the OL.  Barber  can tote the hogskin. 

Should be easily be a 1000 yard back under this offensive staff. 

Word out of camp is RoJo looks really good. In the kid's defense, he never had much of a chance last year. He was often hit as soon as he touched the ball and was put in some curious spots by Dirk.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:23 PM, tfree32 said:

During the offseason, all of the reports from camps around the league are way too upbeat and optimistic. 

But if Arians/Leftwich can coach Winston to make better decisions with the ball, Suh/Vea dominate in the trenches, David/White form the fastest LB duo in the league, and the myriad of draft picks spent on the secondary pay off with a decent pass defense, this could be a playoff team. Lots of ifs there, but the pieces are in place to finally make the playoffs again. Better coaches, better talent, more toughness and speed, and a coherent vision for winning...it’s nice to have hope again.

I really want to believe and everything you said can certainly happen. I'm simply too jaded at this point. The Bucs' have beaten down the fan base to the point where most people are looking ahead to the 2020 draft. 

14 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Should be easily be a 1000 yard back under this offensive staff. 

Word out of camp is RoJo looks really good. In the kid's defense, he never had much of a chance last year. He was often hit as soon as he touched the ball and was put in some curious spots by Dirk.

I hope your correct about RoJo….I thought he was a great pick....then I saw him play......Not too Bueno.....

On 6/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, jobuc597 said:

I hope your correct about RoJo….I thought he was a great pick....then I saw him play......Not too Bueno.....

I knew very little about him when he was drafted, but a few of the informed informed me that he was a special player.

The truth is, the kid never had much of a chance and he was young coming out a year early. 

I'm just going off what BA is saying, pretty much is all I can really go by at this point. But it would be nice to see the kid take a handoff, look up and not see a 300 lb DT who just worked Benecock standing there. 

I'm a huge Barber fan and think he can be a great 1-2nd down back. 

I'm not sure what the plan is at RG...I'm nor sure the Bucs do either. I think the RG or opening day may not be on the roster yet. 

19 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I'm just going off what BA is saying,

...I'm not sure what the plan is at RG...I'm nor sure the Bucs do either. I think the RG or opening day may not be on the roster yet. 

That's the way I read his comments about the spot and OL depth.

Then again he sounds like he has 8 starting DB's 

19 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Bunnycock is now a tackle right?!

Please beer drinking baby jesus don’t let Dotson get injured.

And fuck Gertrude! Suh 2019! 

BA is raving about Dot. I love when one of the rooks tried bull rushing him in non contact and BA said Dot just ragged dolled him and said "don't do that again". 

Problem is Dot is getting older and has been injured a lot lately. Depth at tackle is concerning. I'm hoping a vet tackle and/or guard is added. 

If the line can stay healthy and Jensen proves to be worth his contract, then they can have a hell of an offense this year. Add a defense that plays aggressively and doesnt give up 28 plus a game, and they should be able to compete with most teams. 

Kool aid always taste great in June and July. 

5 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

BA is raving about Dot. I love when one of the rooks tried bull rushing him in non contact and BA said Dot just ragged dolled him and said "don't do that again". 

Problem is Dot is getting older and has been injured a lot lately. Depth at tackle is concerning. I'm hoping a vet tackle and/or guard is added. 

If the line can stay healthy and Jensen proves to be worth his contract, then they can have a hell of an offense this year. Add a defense that plays aggressively and doesnt give up 28 plus a game, and they should be able to compete with most teams. 

Kool aid always taste great in June and July. 

Need a vet G and a vet T. Fuck Bunnycock. 

4 hours ago, MadMac said:

By September, it converts into the Jonestown variety 😖

To be fair, the Fitzmagic mirage delayed the cyanide koolaid ingestion until October, last year.