Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

SSSSUUUUUUHHHH!!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

And worth every Euro of it?

Hey, Joe —. Did you pick up any insight on McCoy’s “locker room” impact during your son’s tenure that you can share?  

14 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

A lateral move at best. Takes up less cap space.

We’ll see. Suh isn’t as dominant as he once was. But I think he’ll thrive in Bowles’ scheme. His intensity is much needed. 

It seems clear to me that Arians and Bowles preferred Suh over McCoy and this move wasn’t simply about saving a few bucks.

1 hour ago, tfree32 said:

We’ll see. Suh isn’t as dominant as he once was. But I think he’ll thrive in Bowles’ scheme. His intensity is much needed. 

It seems clear to me that Arians and Bowles preferred Suh over McCoy and this move wasn’t simply about saving a few bucks.

The only thing Suh does better than McCoy is be more durable. Saving $4mil while not losing too much in play was the motivator.

The problem with the Bucs is that their front office is always in "win now" mode while their roster isn't. 

From the hiring of BA to this latest signing, it shows they think the can make a run this year. 

They never have a long term plan that makes sense. 

I would've been fine with not over spending in FA, cutting McCoy, letting Kwon walk and trying to bring in young talent. 

For me this isn't really about Suh vs McCoy. It's about philosophically flawed thinking and never wanting to take a step back to finally build something sustainable.

Hell I will jump on the bandwagon like I do every year and hope they can win this year. Because if not, Suh will be gone, the coach may decide to retire again and then we could be ready to start the new 5 year plan.

31 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

The problem with the Bucs is that their front office is always in "win now" mode while their roster isn't. 

From the hiring of BA to this latest signing, it shows they think the can make a run this year. 

I would've been fine with not over spending in FA, cutting McCoy, letting Kwon walk and trying to bring in young talent. 

For me this isn't really about Suh vs McCoy. It's about philosophically flawed thinking and never wanting to take a step back to finally build something sustainable.

Right after Gruden was fired, a Glazer stood there and said they were going to build for the long term with youth by building through the draft. And he said we'll see how well or long we can "stomach" it. So there were the Raheem years.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

and then we could be ready to start the new 5 year plan.

The good news about those five year plans is, they take at least ten years to fail, so when we start the new five year plan in 2020, we won't need another one until at least 2030. 

Seems to me this a swap of similar talent for some much needed cap relief

Where GMC has a small edge over Suh in pass rush - I feel Suh is better in run support AND is more versitile along the line
I guess we get to see weather that plays out on the field or not real soon

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Hell I will jump on the bandwagon like I do every year and hope they can win this year. Because if not, Suh will be gone, the coach may decide to retire again and then we could be ready to start the new 5 year plan.

Roster planning is not their strong suit. I can not believe the front office gave up a compensatory third to fourth round pick because Licht signed a big deal for a punter in Free agency. I would rather the Bucs dumpster dive and hope they find a gem like Nassib or back in the "rock star" days of Dominik when the Bucs grabbed Michael Bennett and then inexplicably let him go back to Seattle.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, Tundra said:

Hey, Joe —. Did you pick up any insight on McCoy’s “locker room” impact during your son’s tenure that you can share?  

McCoy was privately (and roundly) criticized by the coaching staff for routinely taking himself out of games for hangnails and the like.  And then heroically re-inserting himself in the game before the trainers could diagnose the cuticle issue.  I don't have any direct knowledge of locker room impact, but the players aren't blind.  There had to be some trickle-down.  And I expect all of that played into the decision to release him.

11 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

McCoy was privately (and roundly) criticized by the coaching staff for routinely taking himself out of games for hangnails and the like.  And then heroically re-inserting himself in the game before the trainers could diagnose the cuticle issue.  I don't have any direct knowledge of locker room impact, but the players aren't blind.  There had to be some trickle-down.  And I expect all of that played into the decision to release him.

Thanks for sharing that Joe. I imagine his omission as a team captain last season was a result of that trickle-down. The other players had to notice.

When your supposed defensive leader and best paid guy on that side of the ball is that big of a pussy and prima donna that infects the entire culture. There are reports now that the Bucs were trying to figure out how to swap McCoy for Suh years ago when both came up for contract extensions. They couldn’t be assured they could land Suh, so they settled for McCoy, just as happened in the 2010 draft.

Suh vs. McCoy Backstory

So, apparently, Suh is among the most generous players in the NFL when it comes to charity.  Maybe even the most charitable.  So while he may not hug widows or bounce little Bobby on his knee playing Santa Claus,  he has very impactful charitable investments.  That is not the modus operandi of a selfish monster.