Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

McCoy Released

10 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

McCoy and Suh have both been top five if not absolute bests at DT during most of their respective careers. Whatever bullshit anyone wishes to come up with regarding leadership notwithstanding neither are HOFers but both have been very good players.

Which games did McCoy take over?  When was he unstoppable?  Double, triple teams?   Unless McCoy does something miraculous elsewhere, I don't see him whiffing the HOF.

1 hour ago, tfree32 said:

I think Josh Freeman may pick his outfits.

Josh the sausage queen. Began caring about man meat and drugs/alcohol more than football, right after the Panthers come from behind (appropriate) win in 2012. What a waste of physical gifts. Well I guess maybe not for the recipients of his services. 

11 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Sounds like he picked the Panthers. Should make that rivalry more interesting.

1 year, $8.5 million, up to $10.25 with incentives. $4 million signing bonus.

Seems like he prioritized revenge over winning.

Fuck him with Cam's head.

25 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Fuck him with Cam's head.

I’m guessing he’s extra pissed they gave Suh his number. The last few years all McCoy has been about is bitching about being overlooked and underappreciated. He’s such a whiny little bitch...both on and off the field.

56 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Sounds like he picked the Panthers. Should make that rivalry more interesting.

1 year, $8.5 million, up to $10.25 with incentives. $4 million signing bonus.

Seems like he prioritized revenge over winning.

He's a fucking idiot. He definitely prioritized revenge over winning lol! 

He's such a tool. Good luck to him, but he can go suck Luke's pencil dick while riding on Cam's shaft! Fuckem!

His deal is a complete joke. 

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, McCoy gets just $4 million guaranteed, although he can make up to $10.25 million if he hits all his incentives.

In addition to the signing bonus, the deal includes a $3 million base salary, $500,000 roster bonus at training camp, a total of up to $500,000 in roster bonuses for being active on game days, a $500,000 bonus if he records 6.5 sacks and a $1.5 million bonus if he records eight sacks, plus $250,000 if he makes the Pro Bowl and $250,000 if the Panthers make the playoffs.

There’s no reason McCoy shouldn’t get the $3 million base salary and $500,000 roster bonus, which will bring him up to $7.5 million on the season, but the incentives will be tough to reach. If McCoy were to have an identical season in 2019 to the one he had in 2018, he’d make $437,500 in per-gram roster bonuses (for playing 14 out of 16 games), and hit none of the incentives: Last year McCoy didn’t get 6.5 sacks, didn’t make the Pro Bowl and the Panthers didn’t make the playoffs.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/03/gerald-mccoy-gets-4-million-guaranteed-deal-heavy-on-incentives/

6 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Don't really know if revenge was the priority, do we. Could be the other prospective teams weren't willing to let $8 million sit on the bench as a situational player.

The McCoy camp made clear they were fielding offers in the $10-11 million range. If this was the best offer McCoy could land, it shows how the league values his production.

1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

🍦

Meh. He'll get over it when jersey #93 gets retired and there's the ROH thing.

🍦

Here’s hoping that Suh plays here for a few years and leads us on a couple of playoff runs. Them we can retire #93 as a Suh jersey, and Marshmallow McCoy can be a distant and shitty memory.

@AdamSchefter Gerald McCoy left Baltimore thinking he very well might sign there. But Carolina wowed him on his visit; Cam Newton helped recruit McCoy big time, per source. To cap it off, McCoy gets to play his former Bucs team that released him and gave his No. 93 to Ndamukong Suh. Personal.

I have a hard time believing that a contender offered him anything more, and frankly he probably could have stayed with the Bucs if he was willing to take the pay cut for them.  As for revenge, he'll probably be a more motivated player for them than he was for us this past year, but had we paid him, we'd wouldn't be getting that boost in performance and willingness to play through the hangnail.

Arians wanted no part of him. Saw him like many of his detractors -- has some good film but, where are the marquis plays? Where's the leadership ?

"My bad, Ben. "

The only thing -- Bunnycock will probably be his matador. 

If I am Arians, I take the first Panthies game and sign the meanest ass blocking back who doesn't give a shit about himself or his future, and run lead blocks, play action blocks, double ad triple team the pussoui Geraldine, Fucken him.