Sign in to follow this  
Axe

Draft thread

Gay had a tough road to college football success. He worked at a restaurant after high school because he tore his ACL/MCL and damaged his meniscus during a practice. He tried to serve a two-year church mission but returned after six months due to depression. Gay played soccer at Utah Valley College in 2014 and 2016. He tried out for BYU as a kicker after that point, but the Cougars weren't interested. Utah coaches offered him a walk-on spot before 2017, which turned out to be a great move as Gay won the Lou Groza Award as the nation's top kicker. The consensus All-American and first-team All-Pac-12 selection hit all 40 extra point attempts and connected on a nation-leading 30 of 34 field goal attempts (88.2 percent, fifth-best in the FBS). Gay hit on five of six tries from 50-plus yards, including a long of 56. His 130 points ranked ninth in the country. He was named 2018 AP third-team All-American. Though his accuracy was down a bit in 2018, Gay still earned third-team All-American and first-team All-Pac-12 honors after making all 45 extra point tries, connecting on 26 of 31 field goal attempts (3-5 from 50-plus yards) and creating 58 touchbacks on 82 kickoffs. His 26 made field goals ranked third in the FBS.

Bunch of red flags there. Would have been an excellent 7th round pick or free agent pickup, but WTF is up with the 5th round?

Only a one year deal for Santos.. Bucs want their kickers on a 4 year contract like Aguayo. Lou Groza winner just like___ you know.

From Rick Stroud- PK Matt Gay says he did not expect to be drafted before the sixth or seventh round and maybe not at all.

14 minutes ago, rook said:

Only a one year deal for Santos.. Bucs want their kickers on a 4 year contract like Aguayo. Lou Groza winner just like___ you know.

From Rick Stroud- PK Matt Gay says he did not expect to be drafted before the sixth or seventh round and maybe not at all.

Sure is great that we reached for this fuckhead in the 5th round. 

16 minutes ago, buccingator77 said:

Who the fuck brought this sort of bad karma on us. (looking at Tundra.)

I'm here to take the blame.  But I don't do it for free. I need Devo White's horse to stallion fuck me in the ass, maybe that would clear the bad karma away from Succaneer land. 

Naa, who the hell am I kidding.  

Still, anyone know where Devo will be keeping his horse?!  :groucho