Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

Trent Dilfer to Announce Bucs Draft Pick

At first I thought this was more April Fools shenanigans, but today is the 4th. 

Trently. 

Can this get any more cruel? Can it get any more Buc like???  They're gonna take Diva White with the first pick and then, just to make sure the 2nd round pick is a bust, super buster Trently announces the pick. Dexter Jackson, the real one, announces the 3rd rounder, or so this article implies. 

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/04/05/trent-dilfer-dexter-jackson-will-announce-bucs-picks-in-rounds-2-3/

Published 3 hours ago

TAMPA — The Bucs have selected former quarterback Trent Dilfer and safety Dexter Jackson to announce their second- and third-round picks in the NFL draft Friday, April 26.

Both players were significant in the development of the Bucs as a playoff contender in the late ’90′s and 2000s.

Dilfer was the sixth overall pick in the ’94 NFL draft from Fresno State. He wasn’t expected to be available at that point in the selection and then coach Sam Wyche appeared committed to Craig Erickson as his quarterback. But the Bucs didn’t want to pass up on Dilfer, who famously slipped past the Colts.

Dilfer started only two games as a rookie, but by the start of ’95, the Bucs had traded Erickson to the Indianapolis Colts. Dilfer went 7-9 in his first full season as a starter but threw only four touchdown passes and 18 interceptions. That led to Wyche’s firing. Under Tony Dungy, with the addition of running back Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott, the Bucs took off. By ’97, Dilfer went 10-6 with 22 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions and was named to the Pro Bowl.

Jackson, a fourth-round pick out of Florida State in ’99, Jackson started at safety and in Super Bowl XXXVII, he had two interceptions and was named the game’s Most Valuable Player.

Of course, Dilfer went on to win a Super Bowl quarterbacking the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

:facepalm

21 hours ago, Tundra said:

Pirate's favorite quarterback. 

Image result for dilfer interception  giants 1999

Long time Buc fans will recall this moment for Trenty.

Awww opening day! This was the year they were going to make a serious run. Dilfer was going to play more “athletically” more like Bret Favre.

I was there that day and led a chorus of boos from the 300 level.

IIRC the Giants could only muster like 100 total fucking yards of offense and only had 1 first down at halftime...while the Bucs offense had 5 TOs. 

I also recall coming in here after the game and there were still people defending Dilfer. :rickjames:

What a terrible waste of an amazing defense. 

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Awww opening day! This was the year they were going to make a serious run. Dilfer was going to play more “athletically” more like Bret Favre.

IIRC the Giants could only muster like 100 total fucking yards of offense and only had 1 first down at halftime...while the Bucs offense had 5 TOs. 

I also recall coming in here after the game and there were still people defending Dilfer. :rickjames:

The most utterly wretched quarterbacking performance of the Dungy era.  I’d forgotten, or maybe never knew, the bit about Dildo wanting to play more athletically. Holy shit, what could go wrong?  I’m kind of surprised that Sapp and Nickerson didn’t kill him right then and theres.  If the Bucs just punted on first down that day they would have won. 

42 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

Alvin Harper must have prior obligations is all I can think of.

They're afraid that his tendency to drop everything he touches combined with his missing finger remnant made him a liability on the podium. 

6 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I was there too, with my late brother, a big Giants fan. And it was like 120 degrees in the September heat, I remember that. I also remember Trently throwing a pick 6 if I recall from like his 20 yard line to ice the game for the Giants. Isn't this the game that Sapp went off in the locker room about the "offense"?

19 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

I think of Dilfer as a sucky fuckin QB....and  When he was on Tv, Talking football I often thought....Shut the fuck up already....

If he could have thrown as well as he talked................................he would sill have sucked ass water as a quarterback.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, BucForce said:

I was there too, with my late brother, a big Giants fan. And it was like 120 degrees in the September heat, I remember that. I also remember Trently throwing a pick 6 if I recall from like his 20 yard line to ice the game for the Giants. Isn't this the game that Sapp went off in the locker room about the "offense"?

It is not even close to being his worst game as a NFL QB.The thing I remember about Trent is he would look really good moving the team down the field and then throw a 96 yard TD pick for the opposing team.

42 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Good for Trent!  Finally, he has a job he is qualified to do.  Granted, he doesn't hold a feather to last year's announcer, but after a few years, I think he can settle in to the job.

Haha I see wat you done ther

3 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

At this rate, the next Bucs' 'legends' will be Josh Freeman and Myron Lewis. 

Some legends are used to make horror movies. Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Legend of Sleepy Freeman?  Complete with snakes and hamsters and cocaine and lots of booze and fellatio. And missing team meetings because he had a dog dick stuck in his ass. 

13 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

At this rate, the next Bucs' 'legends' will be Josh Freeman and Myron Lewis. 

Josh Freeman has some of the best QB numbers in franchise history which is frightening in of itself. Trent began his career with the Bucs with 6 TDs and 38 picks in his first 22 starts. Vinny Testaverde threw 13 TDs with 35 picks Even given the disparities of the eras these QBs played, the numbers are awful..

Although Dilfer was hurt, (bad ankle) the 31-0 loss to the Jets in 1997 was brutal as they come. 2 for 15 for 38 yards with two Pick 6s. Backup Steve  Walsh was 1 for 7 for 8 yards. Add a 101 yard kickoff return for a TD, the Jets had a blowout w/o their offense doing nothing. The two games against Detroit were so brutal in 1996 that  Buccaneer fans cheered when he  was knocked out of the game. Had a picked 6 in each game. One of the pick 6s was after he drove deep into Lions territory and gave up a 96 yard TD pick. Games where he looked good but gave up a pick 6 to ruin a long drive were the toughest to take. Giants game had a bunch of blown calls including a fumble TD by Dilfer that was in error. He also threw a pick AFTER he stepped out of bounds. Refs missed so many calls in that game that DUNGY was fined for attacking the refs. When Dungy is fined for criticizing the refs, you know they suck.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:37 AM, Tundra said:

Pirate's favorite quarterback. 

Image result for dilfer interception  giants 1999

I have to say, it warms my heart to have a board reputation as a committed Dilfer-hater. And that is the perfect pic.  A duck interception that didn't count because he'd already stepped out of bounds. Only Dilfer could snatch incompetence out of the jaws of ineptitude.