Sign in to follow this  
JOEinPHX

This From a Guy Who Still Hasn't Lost His Baby Fat

Jameis Winston plans to play at 250 pounds this year

Posted by Josh Alper on March 24, 2019, 9:53 AM EDT
gettyimages-1091961442-e1553435589954.jp
Getty Images

The Buccaneers offense is going to have a different look with head coach Bruce Arians pulling the levers this season and the guy putting the plays into motion is going to have a different look as well.

Quarterback Jameis Winston was at Arians’ golf tournament on Saturday and revealed that he’s going to be a bigger presence on the field than he has in past years. Winston has been listed at 231 pounds, but said he is working to build up muscle mass ahead of the season.

“I’m getting it. I’m going to play bigger this year,” Winston said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m about 250. Yeah. A solid 250. It’s just about hydration and being at the peak body, too.”

This is shaping up as a pivotal season for Winston as he is unsigned beyond 2019 and his recent play has done little to make anyone rush to give him a long-term deal. We’ll have to wait to see if going bigger leads to better things.

41 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Also, recent studies indicate that added weight can improve mobility, reduce interceptions, and virtually eliminate balls that sail too high on out routes.  So I'm all for it.

Haven't heard about about the effect on balls but they say adding too much weight can make a dick disappear. 

So, is he risking that fat second contract?

By week 8 Jamarcus Winston will have fatted his way to Lame Gabbert being the Bucs starting quarterback. Everything else is sucking to the most intense levels, why not Fat Jamarcus Winston sucking worse than ever too. And Lame is the new quarterback and will be signed to a long term $90 million deal for winning 3  of the final 8 games.   It's what god has planned for me. God hates me too, just like all the rest of you capon fuckers. 

26 minutes ago, Chas said:

The Buccaneers will take Drew Lock in the draft and then everyone will be confused.

LOL, I might be in the minority, but I would be ok with this.

He can't fix the lack of talent at LB, in the secondary, and O-Line but he is going to be a good QB at the next level.

All that said, Devin White is the pick......suck it tundra :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000001023922/Devin-White-talks-about-taking-care-of-his-horse-while-attending-LSU#

If Winston shows up to camp out of shape, all of you FSU homers need to come clean.  I mean if you are calling out an early draft pick for boasting that he is going to EARN a huge contract, how should you respond to a QB who isn't?  I have a hard time believing the Bucs will go QB early.  I think our FA moves would have been different if that was a possibility.  Also, a QB draft pick would leave us pretty short in other areas.

10 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Best thing for Winston would be to get out of Tampa. Fucking fan base wouldn't know a franchise QB or even a talented QB if he shit on their face. Fawning over Ryan Fitzpatrick because of two good games. But running Winston out of town. Because he picked the wrong Florida school.

Most of us don't give a crap about what school he went to.  Winston missed the first 3 games because he grabbed an Uber driver by the pussy.  He has a decent OL and had a fantastic group of WRs, and yet in each of the past 2 seasons he has won us 3 games.  DeSean Jackson and Humphries are both making 9 million a year.  Mike Evans is one of the best in the league, and Godwin would probably be making 10 million/yr if he was a free agent.  They were the best group of WRs the Bucs have ever had, and while 2002 had a great trio, I'm not sure they are even close.  Think about it, we lost 2 WRs who will be starting for other teams, and there is almost no talk about the Bucs drafting a WR or the need to pick one up.

4 years into his career and most of the league sees him as a middle of the road QB.

12 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Most of us don't give a crap about what school he went to.  Winston missed the first 3 games because he grabbed an Uber driver by the pussy.  He has a decent OL and had a fantastic group of WRs, and yet in each of the past 2 seasons he has won us 3 games.  DeSean Jackson and Humphries are both making 9 million a year.  Mike Evans is one of the best in the league, and Godwin would probably be making 10 million/yr if he was a free agent.  They were the best group of WRs the Bucs have ever had, and while 2002 had a great trio, I'm not sure they are even close.  Think about it, we lost 2 WRs who will be starting for other teams, and there is almost no talk about the Bucs drafting a WR or the need to pick one up.

4 years into his career and most of the league sees him as a middle of the road QB.

The offensive line isn't decent. It borders on bad. Smith's available. That's his best trait. Available to be a turn style. Jensen helped maintain the Bucs' tradition of free agents going to shit. Dotson's done. Benenoch would have a hard time making another roster. If Marpet alone makes the line decent, then maybe you're onto something.

The Bucs have talent at wide receiver. They also haven't had a running game in years. And they've had a historically bad defense save for 6 games in 2016. The latter two things will derail a lot of QB's. Throw in a shitty head coach and what do you get? Someone that's perceived as a middle of the road QB.

12 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

That guy is a fucking idiot.

He says the fan base wouldn’t know a franchise QB?? Yet he’s the idiot who swore Freeman was the long term answer and thinks Winston can do no wrong.

He has this delusional thing about the only reason fans are critical of Winston is because of where he went to school.

As you mentioned, no one gives a fuck where the guy went to school. 

Any criticism of Winston and he goes all Hammerhead. 

Probably a swell guy in real life, but he doesn’t really have a clue about football.