Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

Good Read on Winston

Recommended Posts

A couple of things from my perspective (emphasis on the "my" part):

1. Winston isn't a good QB. I'm not sure he will be, but I am not ready to part with him unless we take a guy like Lock in the draft.

2. Dong Smith isn't a good LT. Is he durable? Hell yeah he is.....but that is probably because he plays ole' with the edge rushers and shy's away from violent contact, so he ought to be durable. I do agree with tundracnt, I want to see what he plays like with legit coaching and am willing to admit I am wrong if BA and company can make him as good as fanof says he is.

3. Peyton Barber is Earnest Graham. I am convinced of that. That dude will be good with a fucking O-Line that will open some holes for him. That being said, he hasn't had that opportunity and unless your name is Ali Marpet, you are to blame because he was the only motherfucker on that line playing at a somewhat respectable level last year.

4. Jackjizz Rodgers is a wasted roster space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

A couple of things from my perspective (emphasis on the "my" part):

1. Winston isn't a good QB. I'm not sure he will be, but I am not ready to part with him unless we take a guy like Lock in the draft.

2. Dong Smith isn't a good LT. Is he durable? Hell yeah he is.....but that is probably because he plays ole' with the edge rushers and shy's away from violent contact, so he ought to be durable. I do agree with tundracnt, I want to see what he plays like with legit coaching and am willing to admit I am wrong if BA and company can make him as good as fanof says he is.

3. Peyton Barber is Earnest Graham. I am convinced of that. That dude will be good with a fucking O-Line that will open some holes for him. That being said, he hasn't had that opportunity and unless your name is Ali Marpet, you are to blame because he was the only motherfucker on that line playing at a somewhat respectable level last year.

4. Jackjizz Rodgers is a wasted roster space.

1) Agree completely on Winston and Lock. We all hope Winston becomes the unquestionable FA QB this year, but the fact is he hasn’t yet, and having a back-up plan wouldn’t suck.

2) I think Smith is solid. He has room for improvement, as many 25 yr olds who have been poorly coached do. He was a 20 yr old when drafted and Warhop has been “coaching” him. Much bigger issues on this team than LT.

3) Agree completely. Barber is under rated and it didn’t take BA long to see it on tape and talk the guy up and give him a new deal. 

4) He’s not still in the roster, is he??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

A couple of things from my perspective (emphasis on the "my" part):

1. Winston isn't a good QB. I'm not sure he will be, but I am not ready to part with him unless we take a guy like Lock in the draft.

2. Dong Smith isn't a good LT. Is he durable? Hell yeah he is.....but that is probably because he plays ole' with the edge rushers and shy's away from violent contact, so he ought to be durable. I do agree with tundracnt, I want to see what he plays like with legit coaching and am willing to admit I am wrong if BA and company can make him as good as fanof says he is.

3. Peyton Barber is Earnest Graham. I am convinced of that. That dude will be good with a fucking O-Line that will open some holes for him. That being said, he hasn't had that opportunity and unless your name is Ali Marpet, you are to blame because he was the only motherfucker on that line playing at a somewhat respectable level last year.

4. Jackjizz Rodgers is a wasted roster space.

I'd like to emphasize (4) Jackjizz Rodgers is a wasted roster space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tfree32 said:

How many of those stats were piled up in garbage time though? If you want to blame Winston's turnovers on frequently playing from behind and having to throw a ton, there's some truth there. But throwing a ton is also why he piles up so much yardage. So the context of the stats is more important than the simple numbers.

Garbage time is created by a shit defense and an offense that insists on putting the ball up 40+ times a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Garbage time is created by a shit defense and an offense that insists on putting the ball up 40+ times a game.

The shit defense gives up so many points we have to play catch up by throwing a lot. If you blame that for some of Winston's mistakes, you have to acknowledge it also plays a big role in his stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucktards who have watched the Bucs since the steam engine was novel -  two things - 

You all do this. I know, I am one. 

1. The starting QB always sucks. Always. Even Brad Johnson couldn’t be.jettisoned soon enough.  Dildos.  Jamarcus is the most talented dude we’ve had with the highest ceiling for potential. With warts? Sure. He’s our QB. Go get a rookie? What in Scotch Guzzling Jesus Christ’s Universe would make anyone think the Bucs could draft a rookie that they could develop better than Jamarcus?  For every  Mahomes there are five Gabberts. Fuck you. 

2.The OL sucks. Always. Except in 1979,except when all the starters but one were injured in the NFCD playoff game against the Iggs and bartenders were trying to block Youngblood.  And in the 2002 playoff run, where they run blocked and ass blocked well and looked to be gelling. But then you fuck with it and we got Steussie and Douchebag.  It’s why we have to sign Food Smith to a  Jillion dollar contract. The Bucs OL will always suck. It’s a  law. Physics. Fuck you. Dong Smith sucks, btw. 

3. Dehydrate my balls so I can resist My neighbors’ boxer dogs’ temptations.  And, if you don’t think coaching matters, Fuck You. Gruden/Gannon, Gruden/Johnson, Arians/Manning, Arians/Palmer, but fuck Jamarcus Winston with Lovie Smith and Dork Knttr.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tundra cnt said:

Fucktards who have watched the Bucs since the steam engine was novel -  two things - 

You all do this. I know, I am one. 

1. The starting QB always sucks. Always. Even Brad Johnson couldn’t be.jettisoned soon enough.  Dildos.  Jamarcus is the most talented dude we’ve had with the highest ceiling for potential. With warts? Sure. He’s our QB. Go get a rookie? What in Scotch Guzzling Jesus Christ’s Universe would make anyone think the Bucs could draft a rookie that they could develop better than Jamarcus?  For every  Mahomes there are five Gabberts. Fuck you. 

2.The OL sucks. Always. Except in 1979,except when all the starters but one were injured in the NFCD playoff game against the Iggs and bartenders were trying to block Youngblood.  And in the 2002 playoff run, where they run blocked and ass blocked well and looked to be gelling. But then you fuck with it and we got Steussie and Douchebag.  It’s why we have to sign Food Smith to a  Jillion dollar contract. The Bucs OL will always suck. It’s a  law. Physics. Fuck you. Dong Smith sucks, btw. 

3. Dehydrate my balls so I can resist My neighbors’ boxer dogs’ temptations.  And, if you don’t think coaching matters, Fuck You. Gruden/Gannon, Gruden/Johnson, Arians/Manning, Arians/Palmer, but fuck Jamarcus Winston with Lovie Smith and Dork Knttr.

We all do 1 and 2 as it may keep us grounded in reality. Let the record speak for itself. Borne of coaches and front office actors, who also suck, it adorns the windows of Bucdom like stained glass depictions of suffering and false promises.

And 3 may be done by some but temptations are not easily resisted no matter how much work's been done on balls. The next Jen Aniston in red and pewter may be fat and sporting a well groomed goatee. Or may be a well groomed ewe of a goat.

And since the steam engine there hasn't been a better ride than a good ewe firmly planted in one's boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bucs63 said:

We all do 1 and 2 as it may keep us grounded in reality. Let the record speak for itself. Borne of coaches and front office actors, who also suck, it adorns the windows of Bucdom like stained glass depictions of suffering and false promises.

And 3 may be done by some but temptations are not easily resisted no matter how much work's been done on balls. The next Jen Aniston in red and pewter may be fat and sporting a well groomed goatee. Or may be a well groomed ewe of a goat.

And since the steam engine there hasn't been a better ride than a good ewe firmly planted in one's boots.

63 you are a goddamn genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And for what it’s worth, Winston posted a 13-to-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio along with a triple-digit passer rating in seven games after he took his job back from Ryan Fitzpatrick in November."

 

Winston fucking sucks. Too bad Chucky grabbed Lurch.

Fargin Iceholes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tundra said:

"And for what it’s worth, Winston posted a 13-to-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio along with a triple-digit passer rating in seven games after he took his job back from Ryan Fitzpatrick in November."

 

Winston fucking sucks. Too bad Chucky grabbed Lurch.

Fargin Iceholes

And he did that while playing behind a shit offensive line, having no running game, and a defense that couldn't flip the field or even force a three and out. None of that matters though. Fuck Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×