Sign in to follow this  
Gulf Shore Steve

Unrein cut; Barber and Minter signed officially.

45 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Why couldn’t Lorcht have cut Unrein six weeks ago?  The babbling homeless fucker outside my hotel knew to do that. 

I'm assuming you believe that if they cut these guys earlier that they'd be spending the cap space. Well, first of all, all Unrein did was allow the Bucs to sign the few guys they did because when you add the space needed to sign the draft pool, they were actually over the cap. I doubt they would have broken the bank to bring in any of the guys we've seen go here and there for big money.

6 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I'm assuming you believe that if they cut these guys earlier that they'd be spending the cap space. Well, first of all, all Unrein did was allow the Bucs to sign the few guys they did because when you add the space needed to sign the draft pool, they were actually over the cap. I doubt they would have broken the bank to bring in any of the guys we've seen go here and there for big money.

If you know you’re cutting a schlubb, the earlier you cut the schlubb the more flexibility it gives you. But fuck it -There’s limited cap space, the defense is in dire need of depth, and Lorcht signs a goddamn WR who can’t catch for $4Million a year. 

So, yeah  -maybe not offloading the schlubb is at least keeping Lorcht from signing the wrong new schlubb for the wrong position.