Sign in to follow this  
NNUD28

Donovan Smith To Be Franchise Tagged By Tomorrow

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times recently Tweeted that the Buccaneers will place the franchise tag on their LT Donovan Smith by the deadline tomorrow. However, contract extensions are in the works, so if they do not tag him by the deadline Tuesday afternoon on March the 5th, then that is an indication that both sides have agreed to terms.

https://bucslifenewsmedia.com/2019/03/04/smith-to-be-franchise-tagged-by-tomorrow/?fbclid=IwAR3FhaSS-B0oJnTJtooEtJOhwFXN9-4clY7D9aTtkHeoSI_jPnmob3H2Cjg

Fucking Lumpy Smith gets paid. He better be ready to be ridden harder than he has ever been in his life, I hope they coach the living fuck out of his fat mediocre ass.  And I know this is the move they had to make, it just sucks that the only attribute he offers is being on the field. His inconsistent semi-loafing ways are coming to an end. 

Offseason blows. 

He may be an oaf, but he's our oaf. 

The new coaching staff must be looking at tape and really believing that the former coaching staff was the problem and that the players are in fact talented enough.  Otherwise Cumleg Bunnycock would already be a former football player. That he is still on the roster, along with Unrein and Allen,  is amazing. 

9 minutes ago, TouchDownTampaBay said:

New deal. 3 Yrs $41.25 mil $27 mil guaranteed

That's probably less than what he could have gotten on the street. I wonder how the guaranteed bit is spread across the three years. Whatever. Time for the oaf to play better with better coaching. 

Now it's time to open up some cap space and cut Allen, Unrein, and Bunnycock, and trade Jackoffson. Maybe unload Evan Smith and Gholston also. 

Wait a minute...you mean to tell me that after Harold Goodwin, Joe Gilbert and Bruce Arians reviewed film on Smith, they decided he was worth signing to a long term contract.

These guys really know more about oline play than the most informed??

I heard just today that Smith was a fat tub of goo and a turnstyle.

😎

28 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Wait a minute...you mean to tell me that after Harold Goodwin, Joe Gilbert and Bruce Arians reviewed film on Smith, they decided he was worth signing to a long term contract.

These guys really know more about oline play than the most informed??

I heard just today that Smith was a fat tub of goo and a turnstyle.

😎

I know I, for one, put it in the hands of the coaching staff, and also openly suspected Warhoppingfuck has been at the root of OL evils.  Plus, LTs have diminished in capability over the years in general due to the college game going gay with spread style. So, he may be an oaf but he is our oaf. Good for him. 

Now,  he is about to see a coaching style that will hopefully scare the loaf right out of him and maybe he'll actually play up to his contract. 

I fucking hope so. 

Auman says Smith deal includes $12.5mil in first year and the cap savings is $1.5 mil vs. the Franchise Tag #. He's been wrong before in jumping to conclusions so we'll wait to see how the guarantees are distributed.

If it gets to the point in which he would be moved to RT or OG, it fits in with what will be considered fair pay for those positions but less than what would be considered anything close to elite for LT.

Here we go. Why the Saints' Cam Jordan's   nickname for  Donovan Smith is  "food." 

Image result for donovan smith food

Looks like Smith is still trying to protect someone behind him even as his quarterback is getting his ass kicked. At least Dotson looks like he may have tried to block Okafor. 

7 hours ago, Tundra said:

Here we go. Why the Saints' Cam Jordan's   nickname for  Donovan Smith is  "food." 

Image result for donovan smith food

Looks like Smith is still trying to protect someone behind him even as his quarterback is getting his ass kicked. At least Dotson looks like he may have tried to block Okafor. 

I liked the opening game last year against the Saints when Fitz kept taking deep drop backs and Cam and company could get past the ridge to eat. 

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I liked the opening game last year against the Saints when Fitz kept taking deep drop backs and Cam and company could get past the ridge to eat. 

It’s pretty obvious what’s going to happen. Food will be participating in strength and conditioning drills in the spring and royally blow out a leg, putting him on IR for the season. 

3 hours ago, Tundra said:

It’s pretty obvious what’s going to happen. Food will be participating in strength and conditioning drills in the spring and royally blow out a leg, putting him on IR for the season. 

That might be an improvement.

17 hours ago, Chas said:

That might be an improvement.

Hey here’s another who’s keen eye for OT takent is much more seasoned than the baffons named Gilbert, Goodwin and Arians...those guys should read more insightful posts like this to fully grasp the evaluation process. 

Joe Thomas really nailed it when taking about how ignorant fans can be when it comes to evaluating the play of OTs.