NNUD28

Bucs will keep Gerald McCoy

Eh. Not sure I like the idea. I mean, on some level, if this team ever got its head out of it ass and made the playoffs in 2019, it would be nice to see McCoy be a part of that. But, I think his best days are behind him and you could probably get similar production for about $5 million cheaper. Considering the Bucs' salary cap situation, that $5 million would  come in handy. 

Nonetheless, Geraldini's back. Looking forward to the most informed blaming Jameis for McCoy's single digit sack totals and going MIA in the 4th quarter.

7 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Attacking an ice cream truck. While wearing a kimono. And crying that the fans don't pay him enough respect. 

He's a cross between Rodney Dangerfield and the "you no want breakfast" Asian lady from Happy Gilmore. 😂

So let's pay him $13 million more to be soft, mediocre, and provide no leadership for one more year. #BucsLogic

Might also be that the Bucs are willing to trade their 1st rounder to gain more picks.  I'd prefer to keep Humphries rather than McCoy, but my guess is that they see McCoy as a 1 year deal.  Also, (not knowing the contract details) maybe they'll have a change of heart after the draft.  My feeling is that he doesn't provide leadership, doesn't seem to raise the level of play on the DL, and kind of reminds me of Booger McFarland who had a reputation as a solid player, but wasn't missed when he was gone.

23 hours ago, tfree32 said:

He's a cross between Rodney Dangerfield and the "you no want breakfast" Asian lady from Happy Gilmore. 😂

So let's pay him $13 million more to be soft, mediocre, and provide no leadership for one more year. #BucsLogic

Yup. It was time to move on. He needs a change of scenery. The Bucs need a new voice along the d-line and in the locker room. Hopefully Bowles can get something out of him, but I'm not holding my breath.