NNUD28

Bucs will keep Gerald McCoy

44 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Highly doubt the Bucs would get rid of their best defensive player in JPP.

Arians and Bowles have both been preaching about being able to build a defense around their best players. JPP certainly fits that mold and is versatile enough to play in any defense. 

One of the reasons he's a Buc is because of the Giants changing fronts. The position he'd best fit would likely be Edge which has some coverage responsibilities. If it's felt he can't do that, he could be let go. With the use of two 3 techs, it makes keeping McCoy make more sense and they aren't tied to him beyond the upcoming season.

Not that I'm saying it's a lock that it will happen but it's a possibility.

33 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

One of the reasons he's a Buc is because of the Giants changing fronts. The position he'd best fit would likely be Edge which has some coverage responsibilities. If it's felt he can't do that, he could be let go. With the use of two 3 techs, it makes keeping McCoy make more sense and they aren't tied to him beyond the upcoming season.

Not that I'm saying it's a lock that it will happen but it's a possibility.

In that particular front, true. But Bowles has run multiple fronts with both the Cards and Jets. 

He and Arians both talked about making their systems fit the talent. JPP is the best player in the Bucs defense and can play the run as well as as rush the passer.

I guess anything is possible, but I think getting rid of JPP is highly doubtful. 

14 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

JPP is the best player in the Bucs defense and can play the run as well as as rush the passer.

I guess anything is possible, but I think getting rid of JPP is highly doubtful. 

Doubtful? Getting rid of the best players to be better sounds downright Buc-like. 

31 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

In that particular front, true. But Bowles has run multiple fronts with both the Cards and Jets. 

He and Arians both talked about making their systems fit the talent. JPP is the best player in the Bucs defense and can play the run as well as as rush the passer.

He may not be the Bucs best defensive player in a different scheme.

2 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

He may not be the Bucs best defensive player in a different scheme.

Now that sounds pretty Buc-like. 

I’m just not so sure them wanting to keep McCoy means much about the scheme or using 2 3 techniques.

McCoy is the only true 3 tech on the roster..sure Vea can play the 3 tech, but he can also play at nose in a 4-3 or zero tech in a 3-4. 

McCoy can also be effective in different fronts.

McCoy said it best: “3-4, 4-3, 5-2, nose guard, 3 tech, DE..doesn’t matter to me..you can either play football or you can’t”

19 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I'd like to see him stay for less than $13m, but I'm glad he'll be here.

Frankly I don’t see how his salary affects the teams efforts to acquire more talent. The Salary Cap has increased for 2019, any replacement for McCoy will likely be in a relevant range of salary. Hey, it’s not coming out of my bank account, keep the talent you know.

24 minutes ago, tb_buc said:

Frankly I don’t see how his salary affects the teams efforts to acquire more talent. The Salary Cap has increased for 2019, any replacement for McCoy will likely be in a relevant range of salary. Hey, it’s not coming out of my bank account, keep the talent you know.

Any theory of letting McCoy go which I have seen has also included drafting his replacement with their first round pick.

I like it. 

And, his trade value just went up because the Bucs declaring he is staying means he isn’t getting cut. So someone may come to Lizzzht at the cumbine and offer loot for GMC. 

Also, as much as I have ragged on Geraldine, he has always been in a read/react type of defense. I hate that especially when Gerald’s quick get off is neutered by read react philosophy. Let’s see what 93 can do in attack mode.  I like it. 

Maybe Noah Spence will be resurrected, Bucs get edge in the draft and add DBs in FA. Get a guard in FA and draft an OT. Add a FA RB and draft an RB.

i fondle self at thought of Bucs 2019 season. Arians measures the precision and accuracy of practices, and calls out the fuckups. This is leadership 101. My BA poster is already crusty. 

12 hours ago, tb_buc said:

Any dollar you don’t overpay one guy can be used to sign another one.  The Bucs aren’t overflowing with cap space like they have been overt he last few years. 

21 hours ago, Tundra said:

And, his trade value just went up because the Bucs declaring he is staying means he isn’t getting cut. So someone may come to Lizzzht at the cumbine and offer loot for GMC. 

Maybe Noah Spence will be resurrected, Bucs get edge in the draft and add DBs in FA. Get a guard in FA and draft an OT. Add a FA RB and draft an RB.

This is a very likely possibility 

Spence may be done but deserves a look at LB to make sure - never really bought into the previous regime's ability to coach and develop. . . BA and Boys may be able to get more out of him and others.      fingers crossed

The Patriots have been a case study in how it’s better to get rid of guys a year too early than a year too late. McCoy is on the downside of his career now. He’s a one trick pony, with a quick first step off the snap as his only really special attribute. That seems like the sort of trait that will be quick to go as he ages. Paying him $13 million a year is too high based on his past performance. Continuing to do so as he declines seems particularly dumb.

10 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

Keeping McCoy is probably the right move for now.

But for the love of jumping Jesus Christ, can we please stop talking about Noah Fucking Spence? The guy is toast. Done. Finished.

I think he is the product of a terrible scheme. Noah Spence is the Bucs dark horse for 2019 most improved! 

Bk it cnt