Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

The Dream Draft Scenario

Recommended Posts

 

Somebody moves up for a QB and Quinnen Williams drops right into our laps.

Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
Quinnen Williams could end up being the best player in this draft class. He was dominant last season for Alabama after sitting behind Da'Ron Payne (a Redskins first-rounder last spring) in 2017. The Bucs could be moving on from Gerald McCoy and Williams would be an obvious choice to replace him in the lineup.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-up-for-qb-steelers-land-top-wr-to-replace-antonio-brown/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tfree32 said:

 

Somebody moves up for a QB and Quinnen Williams drops right into our laps.

Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
Quinnen Williams could end up being the best player in this draft class. He was dominant last season for Alabama after sitting behind Da'Ron Payne (a Redskins first-rounder last spring) in 2017. The Bucs could be moving on from Gerald McCoy and Williams would be an obvious choice to replace him in the lineup.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-up-for-qb-steelers-land-top-wr-to-replace-antonio-brown/

I think I would manipulate my moose more than usual if that happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bucs aren’t drafting a RB in RD1. Those drooling heads should smoke more crack. 

Williams is worth staying pat for. Without a doubt.     Drooling heads are nimrods.

If the top four pick  DLs/Edgers, Licht trades down again with some QB panicked team and stockpiles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

While watching the game on NFLN last night the 2 mock drafts they scrolled had the LB from LSU and the Alabama RB that didn't start going to the Bucs at 5. :huh:

Devin White makes sense. The RB doesn't. For some reason, that particular writer has had that as our pick for a while. Is it Rappaport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

While watching the game on NFLN last night the 2 mock drafts they scrolled had the LB from LSU and the Alabama RB that didn't start going to the Bucs at 5. :huh:

The draftnik picking the Bucs to take RB Jacobs says it is after they traded down......how far down, I don't know....maybe out of the first round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MadMac said:

The draftnik picking the Bucs to take RB Jacobs says it is after they traded down......how far down, I don't know....maybe out of the first round?

It was Chad Reuter. I never heard of Chad Reuter until I looked at NFL.com and saw his pick and that the Bucs would trade down....as you say no mention of where they are trading down to. Daniel Jeremiah also has the Bucs picking Jacobs but at 5.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Seems like RBs don't have the value they once did, and it isn't a high need area for the Bucs.  We need another RB, but rounds 2-4 or FA should be good enough.  Still really early though.  Really depends on how FA pans out.

I guarantee the two boobs who have the Bucs picking any RB at 5 just look at the roster, see the Bucs don't run the ball all that well and put in the first RB they could find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I guarantee the two boobs who have the Bucs picking any RB at 5 just look at the roster, see the Bucs don't run the ball all that well and put in the first RB they could find.

Yep.  We're capable of running, and we can still win games without a strong running game, but we aren't going to win games without a good OL (which will help the run game) and without fixing the mess on defense.  Coach was critical about how many passes JW had to throw per game, but the cause was largely poor defense.  My guess (not knowing the FA market) is that we address RB in free agency.  If not then 3rd or 4th round.  DL in round 1 makes a lot of sense, then CB or OL in round 2 (depending on BPA).  Also, in the unlikely event that nobody above us trades their pick (or simply drafts a QB), then I'm thinking the Bucs end up trading down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Yep.  We're capable of running, and we can still win games without a strong running game, but we aren't going to win games without a good OL (which will help the run game) and without fixing the mess on defense.  Coach was critical about how many passes JW had to throw per game, but the cause was largely poor defense.  My guess (not knowing the FA market) is that we address RB in free agency.  If not then 3rd or 4th round.  DL in round 1 makes a lot of sense, then CB or OL in round 2 (depending on BPA).  Also, in the unlikely event that nobody above us trades their pick (or simply drafts a QB), then I'm thinking the Bucs end up trading down.

If I were head tard over at One Suc Place thems would be my aims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picking #5 the Bucs should take the best player available amongst the DLmen, OLmen and you can throw Devin White into the mix. Maybe Greedy or the Murphy kid as a CB although I'm not jumping up and down about them. My opinion is there is no OLman worth the #5 pick to the point in which I probably pass on any OLman in this draft through round 1 unless they end up with a 2nd 1st round pick.

So I'm pretty much down to the best DLman or Devin White.

By the time the draft happens, I suspect that two QBs will go in front of the Bucs. Possibly three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flacco's been traded to the Broncos (for a mid-round pick). That takes one team out of the QB sweepstakes. However, he was always going somewhere so I'm not sure how much this affects the draft. Teams which definitely currently need a QB are the Giants, Jags and Fins. Foles is going somewhere in all likelihood. I don't know how the Giants keep Manning and another high priced QB (Foles would opt out and become a FA) on the roster. So Manning would then be available and could go to the Jags. That might be the worst case scenario for the Bucs and QBs being drafted ahead of them. The Cardinals could also trade Rosen if they are truly interested in Murray. If he were to go to the Giants, Manning would probably be kept for a season opening possibly two QBs to be drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Flacco's been traded to the Broncos (for a mid-round pick). That takes one team out of the QB sweepstakes. However, he was always going somewhere so I'm not sure how much this affects the draft. Teams which definitely currently need a QB are the Giants, Jags and Fins. Foles is going somewhere in all likelihood. I don't know how the Giants keep Manning and another high priced QB (Foles would opt out and become a FA) on the roster. So Manning would then be available and could go to the Jags. That might be the worst case scenario for the Bucs and QBs being drafted ahead of them. The Cardinals could also trade Rosen if they are truly interested in Murray. If he were to go to the Giants, Manning would probably be kept for a season opening possibly two QBs to be drafted.

Everything that's being bandied about up here is that the Giants are taking Haskins. Jacksonville can throw a wrench into that plan with a trade up. But, if Haskins is on the board, he's the Giants' pick. IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really interested to see what happens with Jacksonville and the Giants. Both need a QB, badly. I don't know how much separation there is between Haskins, Lock and Jones - if any at all, but I have a feeling that the latter two aren't going to be as highly touted and pegged by the time the draft rolls around. Jags are going to have move up. #5 seems like a great landing spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×