Sign in to follow this  
UncleBuc

Bucs have Signed a new kicker

Here is the only video I can find of the euro, and it's from 6 years ago when he was playing euro youth athletic american football.   

Per PR, 

Smith writes that “Andersen most recently kicked for the Berlin Rebels of the German Football League and has also played for the Amager Demons, Herlev Rebels and Søllerød Gold Diggers of the Danish American Football Federation, as well as the Berlin Eagles of the GFL. The GFL is the highest level of American football in Germany.”

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-sign-a-new-kicker/

Hopefully he's the new Janikowski.    Had a big leg as a youth player....

They signed someone who was playing rec ball at the local jr college.   The highest level of American football in Germany has fewer fans than HS Lacrosse.  I mean...they aren't selling tickets.   These are the most bizarre highlights I have ever seen, and it is only made worse by the music they stole from the Blue Cross/Blue Shield hold line.

But with all the trouble we have had with this position over the last decade - don't cha think they could have scouted a decent kicker???
Maybe even one that has played a few snaps in the NFL?
WTF is wrong with this scouting department??

2 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

I personally don't give two shits where a kicker comes from …..I just want the fucker to kick field goals and extra points like at 85% I think that's about right for good to great kicker...

My point was - don't you think you might have a little better success by scouting guys that have actually done it before in the NFL or Major college games???

3 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

I personally don't give two shits where a kicker comes from …..I just want the fucker to kick field goals and extra points like at 85% I think that's about right for good to great kicker...

Wait - is that what they’re supposed to do?  Ahhh, now we’re getting somewhere. 

Denmark has had 1 player in the NFL.

Of all of those players we have had from Denmark, 1 has made it to the NFL Hall of Fame.

His name is Morten Andersen and had until recently the all time scoring record in the NFL.

So what we danish people do, when playing a sport... we dominate it and set all time records, just because we can ;)

Phillip Andersen might not be a house hold name, but he will be our next hall of famer ;)

And he will kick the s*** out of all who competes with him.  

1 hour ago, TK Denmark said:

Denmark has had 1 player in the NFL.

Of all of those players we have had from Denmark, 1 has made it to the NFL Hall of Fame.

His name is Morten Andersen and had until recently the all time scoring record in the NFL.

So what we danish people do, when playing a sport... we dominate it and set all time records, just because we can ;)

Phillip Andersen might not be a house hold name, but he will be our next hall of famer ;)

And he will kick the s*** out of all who competes with him.  

I'm sure Phillip will prove a Great Dane even as such an underdog. 

Morten proved a lot when he played at Michigan.

2 hours ago, Buc said:

My point was - don't you think you might have a little better success by scouting guys that have actually done it before in the NFL or Major college games???

Yes of course....I agree with that....But to not bring in small school or un NFL kickers to camp....Is not giving all opportunities a chance....and to miss out...A guy hole was a top prospect from a top school and that didn't turn out so good......

1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

I'm sure Phillip will prove a Great Dane even as such an underdog. 

Morten proved a lot when he played at Michigan.

I knew a girl who loved Great Danes.  I think she trained two males to — oh never mind. I hope this Dane kicks the shit out of everyone and dominates and is reminiscent of Morten.  Yay, go Danish boy go. 

On 2/9/2019 at 11:37 AM, Buc said:

Cause that worked so well for us the last time. :) .    They'll give him competition.

Frankly our kicker woes have been our own damn fault.  Now excuse me while I add Matt Bryant to the Mark Dominik thread.....oh, my bad, he's already there and in all caps, bold, underlined and circled.

2 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Cause that worked so well for us the last time. :) .    They'll give him competition.

Frankly our kicker woes have been our own damn fault.  Now excuse me while I add Matt Bryant to the Mark Dominik thread.....oh, my bad, he's already there and in all caps, bold, underlined and circled.

Matt Bryant should never have been released, only a moron would have done that but - we haszened a mo ron back then for a GM so instead of being in the ring of honor, he went and beat the Bucs multiple times including a 57 yarder last year on which he fuckened his leg, but not bad enough to fucken the Bucs again on the last play of the morbid 2018 season..

i hope maybe - maybe - Licht signs him in March .