Sign in to follow this  
Dunn_Deal28

Arians on Winston...

When you’re 21 down and you’re throwing it 50 times, you’re going to throw some damn interceptions.”- #Bucs head coach Bruce Arians on QB Jameis Winston

But according to the most informed, Winston's interceptions were a stand alone problem - nothing to do with the play calling, the o-line, or the shit defense giving up 35+ ppg. 

So much crow getting served up this season. Going to be fun.

3 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

When you’re 21 down and you’re throwing it 50 times, you’re going to throw some damn interceptions.”- #Bucs head coach Bruce Arians on QB Jameis Winston

But according to the most informed, Winston's interceptions were a stand alone problem - nothing to do with the play calling, the o-line, or the shit defense giving up 35+ ppg. 

Clearly Arians didn’t watch the games or see the film. And what would Arians know about quarterbacking, anyway?

7 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Who’s been arguing they were completely a stand-alone problem? 

But the myriad of excuses for Winston keeps getting longer. The offensive line played poorly and the running game struggled...no doubt. But he has some amazingly talented receivers. Strange that a roughly 80 year old journeyman QB was able to outperform Winston for stretches with the same offensive line, running game, etc. 

I’m curious to see what Arians and his staff can do with Winston. Hopefully, whether he excels or fails, we’ll be done with the continual excuses for his shitty play.

It will be interesting to see, but he has yet to play under the new coaching staff.  NOBODY said that Winston was a stand alone problem.  I think most will admit that he has some very good qualities as a QB, but he has been fairly inaccurate, and frankly, in 4 years I don't think we've seen a single game where he took over and looked like a true franchise QB.  I mean there was one, but the team had 200+ yards rushing as I recall.  My feeling at this point is that he ends up being a good, but not elite QB.

36 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

It will be interesting to see, but he has yet to play under the new coaching staff.  NOBODY said that Winston was a stand alone problem.  I think most will admit that he has some very good qualities as a QB, but he has been fairly inaccurate, and frankly, in 4 years I don't think we've seen a single game where he took over and looked like a true franchise QB.  I mean there was one, but the team had 200+ yards rushing as I recall.  My feeling at this point is that he ends up being a good, but not elite QB.

I would be cool with good. Good can win a Super Bowl, see Johnson, Brad. 

18 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Sssshhhhhh coach.  You are going to be accused of slurping Winstons balls if you keep making excuses for him and look beyond his play for reasons why he maybe throwing interceptions and possible poor decision making.

1 hour ago, MrBlaque666 said:

Sssshhhhhh coach.  You are going to be accused of slurping Winstons balls if you keep making excuses for him and look beyond his play for reasons why he maybe throwing interceptions and possible poor decision making.

Well. it's Arians. Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks. 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Oh stop being so logical.

Anyone who has been critical of the number one overall pick must be some Gator fan and just hate poor Jaboo because of where he went to school. 😆 (wtf?!?!)

And since we are all Buc fans and hope THIS is finally the year he puts it all together, we are going to “eat crow” for the number one pick playing well.

This fucking shit never gets old. 

Now that Jaboo has a QB whisperer to go along with his great recevung corps, I’m sure this year he will improve..that will be fun to watch. 

But if not, the meltdown will be kinda epic as well. Freeman like fandom meltdown. Hammerhead will be proud. 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Nobody? Hardly.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:35 PM, bucs63 said:

That'd be great. Probably will taste more like chicken than the shit the Bucs served up the last decade.

In the trendier restaurants they would tell you it tastes more like cock, as in coq-au-vin.  An we Succaneers fans have gotten used to the taste of coq to the point it is all we know. 

11 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Nobody? Hardly.

Well, I suppose there are a few who feel that after all the trouble he had been in previously, he shouldn't have put the team in a position where they would be without their starting QB for the first few games due to him sexually assaulting an Uber driver.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Well, I suppose there are a few who feel that after all the trouble he had been in previously, he shouldn't have put the team in a position where they would be without their starting QB for the first few games due to him sexually assaulting an Uber driver.

More like, he should be a hybrid of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. 

kind of OT - But didn't want to start a new thread

I found this very interesting.  It is the thought that IF JW plays well enough this year the Bucs would perhaps Franchise tag him for 2020. . . . 

Seemingly overlooked is that the current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between the NFL and the NFLPA expires after the 2020 season. Now why would Team Glazer (or any other owner much less an agent of a high profile player) want to sign a “big” contract with a player when no one knows what the next CBA will look like?

No one has any clue what the salary cap will be after next season. Hey, it’s entirely possible that the NFL and NFLPA could agree to an NBA-like salary cap where one veteran free agent player’s salary is exempt if he re-signs with his team. This is known as the “Larry Bird Exemption.” You know, like potentially a quarterback?

It is very unlikely that the NFL will agree to anything that allowed teams to go over the cap to keep star players.  The cap controls expenses for all teams.  It works to maintain parity and is a large part of why the NFL has been so successful, and finally, the teams not at the top (over half) don't want such a disadvantage.  ALSO, the franchise tag will probably expire around the time the CBA does, so good teams will want their star players under contract.  IF JW plays well, then we want him under contract long term.  You don't screw with a young franchise QB: you pay them.