Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

Mark Dominik’s Greatest Blunders and Dumbshittery

Serious question. Kind of like asking a crack whore which case of herpes she hated the most. 

To add some practical filters we’ll consider Bucs that were deemed not worthy of the rockstar’s screen of conditions for employing a player. 

There would be the players from the great purge of ‘09. To say none of those guys could have provided veteran wisdom and depth?

Cadillac Williams.  We got Kraig fucking Lumplestiltskin.

Barrett Rudd. We got Quincy Black as a rookie, who had an IQ of 5, with the headset.

Who else? 

Michael Bennett. 

Aqib Talib. 

Tanard Jackson. 

Mark Barron. 

Legarrette Blount. 

But worst of all, 

MATT BRYANT. 

Jason Licht needs to go on record, that he has had an almost impossible job because his predecessor was a complete corporate stooge, owner-Dick-sucking power point pencil neck Glazercumguzzler.  Give the Bucs back Matt Bryant, and Koetter probably has a coach of the year award under his belt and is being heralded as the next Bruce Arians. 

Of course thisnway we have Bruce Arians, so.....

Hey Licht — SIGN MATT FUCKING BRYANT.

First of all, let's give the Michael Clayton signing it's due.  And throw out some mad (really fucking mad) props to him trading a 2nd for the damaged goods KW2 to be our team leader.

My memory isn't great on this for good reason.  I think it was Raheem's last year where he fucked us at a few positions.  It wasn't so much of a 'bad pick' as it was losing needed talent and not replacing it, or minimally having us way too thin at some positions.  We let Ruud go, didn't seem to replace him, and then appointed 3rd round pick Foster as the MLB (moving his position) before camp even started.  At RB he let Caddy go, had no depth at RB and had injury prone Graham at HB and RB, or some nonsense.

I think the Reevis move is probably why he will never get a front office (as in McDonalds) job again.  I think he even said that when he saw Revis tear his ACL, he thought....maybe the Bucs can pick him up.  We gave up a 1st and 3rd so we could pay a player to rehab a torn ACL more money than he was worth healthy.

Oh and then there were all the damaged goods early round DLmen who never panned out as well as JF5.  Seems like he kept grabbing damaged goods players off the scrap heap and they never panned out.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

First of all, let's give the Michael Clayton signing it's due.  

This was the one that first came to mind for me as well, because it was such an obvious amateurish panic move. Clayton threatened to get on a plane to Seattle to go talk to them and Dominik immediately wrote the check.  I can't blame him entirely though, because it's not like he had any experience negotiating contracts. He was purely a personnel evaluator.  It would be like a megacorporation hiring a jobs headhunter to be CEO.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:34 AM, Pirate said:

This was the one that first came to mind for me as well, because it was such an obvious amateurish panic move. Clayton threatened to get on a plane to Seattle to go talk to them and Dominik immediately wrote the check.  I can't blame him entirely though, because it's not like he had any experience negotiating contracts. He was purely a personnel evaluator.  It would be like a megacorporation hiring a jobs headhunter to be CEO.

I had intended this thread to be about players released who were good. I was going to do another thread about Dumbfuknik signings that a retarded donkey would have laughed at.  But Dominik’s dumbshittery was potentially enough that it smells too much for,a second.

He did a similar Clayton panic with Quincy Black, who,actually started playing well and then had a career ending injury, but he was never worth the $30 million Dumbfuk signed him for.

So much bad.  I doubt there's a team in the league that would hire him at any level.  Before he became GM, he had been in charge of scouting and finding talent, and frankly they had been falling short under his tenure there as well.

I'm still livid about the Revis move.   We needed to keep Bennett and Miller.  Then I think FA had a pretty good selection of CBs, so spend the remainder of our money there.  Then use the draft for additional talent.  Finally, we should have picked up a journeyman QB who could feasibly take over if JF5 didn't get clean.  16 million in cap space was good for 3 players, and then a 1st round pick.  Even if he played lights out, the Bucs needed 4 players....not one

1 hour ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

So much bad.  I doubt there's a team in the league that would hire him at any level.  Before he became GM, he had been in charge of scouting and finding talent, and frankly they had been falling short under his tenure there as well.

I'm still livid about the Revis move.   We needed to keep Bennett and Miller.  Then I think FA had a pretty good selection of CBs, so spend the remainder of our money there.  Then use the draft for additional talent.  Finally, we should have picked up a journeyman QB who could feasibly take over if JF5 didn't get clean.  16 million in cap space was good for 3 players, and then a 1st round pick.  Even if he played lights out, the Bucs needed 4 players....not one

Maybe the all time queen of dumbshittery, and was egregious enough to ensure his firing and never rehiring again. We are still smelling  the vapors of his fecal release.