Sign in to follow this  
Gulf Shore Steve

Matt Bryant

5 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

I doubt they draft a hapless kicker in the 2nd round anytime soon though.

I am guessing they pick up Roberto Aguayo instead of using a draft pick. He is a free agent and was really good in college. 🙂

There are a few moments that I will never forget being a bucs fan. I had Club seats for years and threw my hard earned money to the Triptards hoping for more great football. As we all know it has been embarrassing since 02 but I will always remember being harassed in my season tickets by some Filthy fans. Everybody was leaving but I saw Bryant’s previous kickoff go into the stands which I had never seen him do before and figured he had a chance. The feeling of running inside and berating, chasing, and humiliating the Filthy fans off the bar in the Club level is ingrained forever in my mind. Fuck it, sign him, I am sure he will start missing easy shit but I can reminiscence every time he kicks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLbpEUgst4

I loved Matt Bryant when he was here.

I hated the fact the fucking Yucs got rid of him.

But I am also in the minority (I guess), because I think Santos is not a bad kicker at all.

Competition is good, but when Santos came on board, the kicking carousel kind of stopped and he was fairly reliable. He sucked in the NEw Orleans game, but take that game away and he performed as good as most kickers in the league.

When Matt was a Buc...I had confidence in his ability.....Santos ….I feel good about, he had one game where he missed 2 kicks in one game , but had been perfect in every other game....My point right or wrong.... is....While I think Matt can handle his job....Santos seems to have solved our kicking woes of the last half dozen years or so 

3 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

I'd have no issues with Bryant coming back. But at some time, age will catch up to him. Is there any doubt that will happen as soon as he signs with the Bucs?

If anyone is unaware of this, he was hurt last year.....one of the reasons the Falcons are letting him go.

20 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Santos can't kick a FG past 40 yards.  Let he and Bryand boot it out in camp. 

I know Santos isn't good on the longer kicks …..Matt and Santos in a kick off would be great.....I actually hope we never stop trying out kickers better to replace Santos....But he's been pretty consistent for us ….Honestly, I don't want to spend a bunch of years again doing the kicker carousel...I'm not concerned too much about Matts age....I question why he's been release by the Falcons...I would love to have him here....   

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

Maybe not Bryant but someone will be brought in to kick and hopefully compete in camp.

They'd be smart to ask Anger if he has any close friends or relatives he could recommend for the job.

And there it is. Anderson signed from the German League. No doubt Anger will fuck up the poor rube good.

7 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

If only he was a Gator..only then would the fans and most informed have loved him. 

Signing this schlub doesn’t preclude Licht from bringing Bryant back. Let’s have 7 or 8 kickers vying for rotations to be in the mix in camp. 

On 2/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, Tundra said:

Sign his ass now. Don’t give a fiddler’s fuck if you have to wheel him out there to try an extra point from a fucking wheelchair. 

SIGN HIS ASS.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:23 AM, MadMac said:

Sign him...if none other than to end the Bryant Curse....

What bruthas Tundra and MadMac said.  Sign him.  Now.  Do not pass go, do not collect $200.  GO TO HIM AND SIGN HIM. 

2 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

He's not a FA at the moment so he can't be signed until the beginning of the 2019 league season around March 13th.

Yes that’s my understanding . Danish boy’s signing was obviously in the works before Bryant made his twitter ****. Danish boy is camp fodder. Nothing to worry about.