Sign in to follow this  
Craig B.

Emanuel's catch no longer the worst call in NFCCG history

Am I wrong that a pass interference and a personal foul against the QB should be able to have both accepted?

I guess an offensive pick play is perfectly legally some of the time.

Lining up in the neutral zone should be legal against the Patriots. New Rule.

Tom Brady must lose in Overtime. New Rule.

KC defense should be allowed to shoot the Patriots team. New Rule.

That call was enough to convince me I don't want the Bucs anywhere near the NFC Championship game. Had that call gone against the Bucs.....and I thought this was the single worst (non) call I've seen in a playoff game because it was fuckin' obvious and didn't involve any "interpretation"....I'm not sure I could have handled it.

BTW....as an aside....the pass that Brees threw to Ginn to get them down there was the same pass Winston threw to D. Jackson at the end of one of the games this season. The difference is one receiver is a pussy and the other isn't. So they had two completely different outcomes.

Never understood this "hatred" of players or coaches.  How can someone hate Drew Brees?  I guess cuz he beats our team all the time?  Is that a reason to hate them?  Can't just root against them but still admire them?  I'm always inspired by success, not hating of it.  I just find it interesting, that's all.

6 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

That call was enough to convince me I don't want the Bucs anywhere near the NFC Championship game. Had that call gone against the Bucs.....and I thought this was the single worst (non) call I've seen in a playoff game because it was fuckin' obvious and didn't involve any "interpretation"....I'm not sure I could have handled it.

This.  I can't even imagine how beyond-pissed I would have been.  The Saints could have taken three knees, and the Rams with one TO would have been down to about 30 seconds needing a FG to tie.  This was HUGE, and in my opinion, literally cost the Saints a trip to the Super Bowl.  This non-call is the absolute worst I've ever seen--in context.  Hell, it might be the worst ever in a vacuum. 

The big problem is as the NFL playoff progresses, the refs allow contact on receivers they do not allow during the regular season. Frankly, the Patriots were holding almost the entire first half. The Chiefs comeback was their holding more in the second half. The Rams and Saints had a number of defensive holding calls and PIs that were not called. The one at the end was simply the worst one. When the film comes out on all 22 at NFL.com, you will see plenty of PIs and defensive holding no calls. As far as blocking, I do not know what is holding any more.

And picks and offensive pass interference is ignored unless a ref or two decides to break the norm and actually call it. There are subtle ways to run these pick plays but at times it does not seem necessary any more.

2 hours ago, Craig B. said:

Never understood this "hatred" of players or coaches.  How can someone hate Drew Brees?  I guess cuz he beats our team all the time?  Is that a reason to hate them?  Can't just root against them but still admire them?  I'm always inspired by success, not hating of it.  I just find it interesting, that's all.

I don’t understand why anyone would hate Brees either, but hating Sean Payton is completely understandable. The guy is a fucking dick when he’s winning and a crybaby bigger dick when he gets beat. Him acting like a complete ass to Dirk after last season’s home win is just one example of him acting like a dick.

27 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I don’t understand why anyone would hate Brees either, but hating Sean Payton is completely understandable. The guy is a fucking dick when he’s winning and a crybaby bigger dick when he gets beat. Him acting like a complete ass to Dirk after last season’s home win is just one example of him acting like a dick.

Hating Drew Brees Is most likely implied but not real....Hating Sean Peyton!!!! That right there is real....Peyton falls into the Cam...Fuck stick Human asshole category...

The reason why they screwed the pooch is they do not referee the playoff games the same as the regular season. As such plays they would not allow in the regular season are allowed in the playoffs. They do not understand when they are supposed to swallow the whistle and when to throw the flag. The clutching and grabbing they did all game would not be allowed by most (not all) crews. Yes that should have been called. Quite a few other holds and PI should have been called as well. God knows how that would have affected the game. the KC game had an Offensive PI pick that was god awful but somehow the Patriots still managed to win. Yet the Patriots were clutching and grabbing the entire first half.

I know what Offensive and Defensive PI and what pick plays are legal or not legal but I can not tell by how NFL refs call it.

40 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

They got fucked!! Hating them doesn't change that fact or make it right the NFL totally screwed the pooch on this 

Yeah. But two things about that.

There were other non calls or calls that could have made a difference in the game. Not so blatant and critical of course. The refs and rules blow.

And hating them doesn't change anything except making it enjoyable. Seeing Sean Payton's face. As if a kid took a shot at his balls like a pinata. At least as good as if he slipped on a pile of dog shit or maybe a long fall down a flight of stairs. 

3 hours ago, Buc said:

There were actually 2 fouls on the play that could have been called
Helmet to Helmet hit OR PI

The refs missed both of them

I think if the NFL had college review rules that the play would have been reviewed for a targeting call (a foul which doesn't exist in the NFL) and, likely, the targeting penalty would have been assessed.

Meanwhile we have the NFL trying to figure out how to explain this one while the referee Vinovich says he didn't see the play. Apparently there were 8 guys who didn't see the play in the building and on TV. Those were the guys in the striped shirts.

1 hour ago, bucs63 said:

Yeah. But two things about that.

There were other non calls or calls that could have made a difference in the game. Not so blatant and critical of course. The refs and rules blow.

And hating them doesn't change anything except making it enjoyable. Seeing Sean Payton's face. As if a kid took a shot at his balls like a pinata. At least as good as if he slipped on a pile of dog shit or maybe a long fall down a flight of stairs. 

I have to admit....I hate a lot of people and players....But most of these folks I would not want them to be hurt...it's more a figure of speech.....But Cam and Sean I really Hate.....I smiled from ear to ear when the Bucs Broke Peytons leg during a game....Cam tops my list of Hated....

Peyton looked as though he shit his own pants after the No Call...and I'm still enjoying...