Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NNUD28

REPORT: Bucs Could Release Gerald McCoy

Recommended Posts

Reports have stated there's a real chance the Bucs release the defensive lineman since he has no guaranteed money left on the remaining three years of his contract. 

 

Tampa would save $13 million in cap space if they decide to move on from McCoy

 

https://www.12up.com/posts/6272822-report-bucs-could-release-gerald-mccoy/partners/44511?fbclid=IwAR3OCGnzJMFDL399b2pJmriv94ZcsAQIsbeYrdcLctKvSXrGKDuZlSlPs-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I think it is time to cut bait with him.
He's aging and just had his worst season to date.
We've seen the best he can be. It's time for somebody else.
No sense in paying him leader-type pay to not be a leader.
Save the money and try to work their way through a potential challenge with cap space.
That is strictly my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports of reports from people on Twatter? They think he could be released with no compensation to save the money but he'd have no trouble finding another team cuz he's still got gas?  Well DUH. If Licht can't get something for him, a 2020 swap of 6th and 7th round picks, he needs to have his balls examined. 

But they're probably right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look it's my opinion that McCoy is just a Goofy childish dude....Spent too much time being compared to Suh...and never could keep pace due to his injuries...But he's been pretty good for this organization ask anyone outside this market...he's going to be 31 ...Like JPP plenty of gas....like Suh is 32 ….I'm not sure he's not worth the money ….Do we really want to trade him out he's still regarded as Good....13 Million is massive money....What would we have to spend to replace him....and not miss him after he's gone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jobuc597 said:

Look it's my opinion that McCoy is just a Goofy childish dude....Spent too much time being compared to Suh...and never could keep pace due to his injuries...But he's been pretty good for this organization ask anyone outside this market...he's going to be 31 ...Like JPP plenty of gas....like Suh is 32 ….I'm not sure he's not worth the money ….Do we really want to trade him out he's still regarded as Good....13 Million is massive money....What would we have to spend to replace him....and not miss him after he's gone

 

Good points, jo.

I guess where I am at with McCoy (and I realize that this is strictly my opinion) is that how much would the defense / team miss him? I just don't think that he's that invaluable and certainly not at $13M when we could potentially be cap-challenged in one more season. He's been a good player. He's been a perennial pro-bowler (if you place any stock in that sort of thing). He is probably good for the team - meaning he's a family guy, interacts with the fanbase, stays out of trouble, etc. I just can't see giving him that amount of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year there were "hot rumors" that McCoy would be trded. They had no substance at all.  Too many douchebags out there that just make shit up and set it loose on the Intradweeb to see if anyone orgasms about it, and on the 2% chance it might happen. 

McCoy is under contract -- a trade would make total sense before an outright release. Fuckn pudheads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

Good points, jo.

I guess where I am at with McCoy (and I realize that this is strictly my opinion) is that how much would the defense / team miss him? I just don't think that he's that invaluable and certainly not at $13M when we could potentially be cap-challenged in one more season. He's been a good player. He's been a perennial pro-bowler (if you place any stock in that sort of thing). He is probably good for the team - meaning he's a family guy, interacts with the fanbase, stays out of trouble, etc. I just can't see giving him that amount of money.

 

4 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Last year there were "hot rumors" that McCoy would be trded. They had no substance at all.  Too many douchebags out there that just make shit up and set it loose on the Intradweeb to see if anyone orgasms about it, and on the 2% chance it might happen. 

McCoy is under contract -- a trade would make total sense before an outright release. Fuckn pudheads. 

I think in the long run...he will be traded....makes sense to get some value for him.....I suppose it's like trading your car...when you get the best return on your investment….I honestly hate to listen to any pressers he does but He's been better then the Buc Fan base gives him credit for....So McCoy ...looks like a See Ya ..could be in order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jobuc597 said:

...What would we have to spend to replace him....and not miss him after he's gone

We lose Brate, McCoy, Hump, ...and Jackson. We spend more on new FA's who took the money based on Florida being a no tax state. Most suck monkey ass and we solidify bottom fodder status. 

That's what Arians is going to fucking change.

Change out the slackers like dirty underwear and shake out every loser piece of shit who's been clinging on. Fuck the guys who want to be on a winnner. Find the guys who want to be the reason they're winners. 

Bruce, ya got 2 years max to make it happen before we go all Lovie on your un-retiring ass. 

Lovie on your ass. Pfffft!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

We lose Brate, McCoy, Hump, ...and Jackson. We spend more on new FA's who took the money based on Florida being a no tax state. Most suck monkey ass and we solidify bottom fodder status. 

That's what Arians is going to fucking change.

Change out the slackers like dirty underwear and shake out every loser piece of shit who's been clinging on. Fuck the guys who want to be on a winnner. Find the guys who want to be the reason they're winners. 

Bruce, ya got 2 years max to make it happen before we go all Lovie on your un-retiring ass. 

Lovie on your ass. Pfffft!!!

I love this^^^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

Look it's my opinion that McCoy is just a Goofy childish dude....Spent too much time being compared to Suh...and never could keep pace due to his injuries...But he's been pretty good for this organization ask anyone outside this market...he's going to be 31 ...Like JPP plenty of gas....like Suh is 32 ….I'm not sure he's not worth the money ….Do we really want to trade him out he's still regarded as Good....13 Million is massive money....What would we have to spend to replace him....and not miss him after he's gone

 

Looked up comparable stats, with 19 more career games Suh has 100 more tackles than McCoy, sacks are 56 for Suh to 54.5 for McCoy. The disparity in tackles is likely due to style of defense more than McCoy not being able to tackle. 

GSS is correct, this time, McCoys contract is designed to either be restructured, traded or cut, with no harm to the cap. My guess? He takes less, gets some guaranteed money, ends his career here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Biggest issues with McCoy at this point...

1. He's 31.

2. He'll be playing a new position / technique.

3. The Bucs desperately need to keep up with the culture change and he's been the team's voice for years.

 

1. Yes 31, but we have other needs, we know what we have.

2. He’s played across the line, I don’t think he’s a one-trick guy,

3. I don’t think he has been the teams voice for a least 2 years now, but if he has, it’s more a reflection of our other “prime time” players having no voice at all.

🙊🙈🙉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tb_buc said:

1. Yes 31, but we have other needs, we know what we have.

2. He’s played across the line, I don’t think he’s a one-trick guy,

3. I don’t think he has been the teams voice for a least 2 years now, but if he has, it’s more a reflection of our other “prime time” players having no voice at all.

🙊🙈🙉

Those are fair points. But, it will come down to whether or not the Bucs feel that the $13 million will be better served going to another position(s). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Those are fair points. But, it will come down to whether or not the Bucs feel that the $13 million will be better served going to another position(s). 

Which is why I see McCoy agreeing to restructuring his contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Axe said:

Well that's not FDA approved, but what else you gonna do when Obamacare doesn't cover cum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×