Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Dilemma..who to pull for

One of the strange things about my football fandom is that, while the team I root for changed from Giants to Bucs in the early 1990's after I lived here for a year or so, the teams I can't stand really haven't. I don't really have any great hatred for the Bucs current division rivals other than when they are involved with the Bucs. However, teams in the NFC East....the Giants rivals....I tend to vigorously root against in nearly any game. I hope the Cowboys lose every game they play and tend to feel the same about the Redskins and Eagles. However, since I can't stand the Pats, I rooted for the Eagles last year in the Super Bowl.

I hate the Saints fans more than the team as they are a collection of the stupidest mutha fuckas on earth but I hope they win out and play any team other than the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'd prefer the Chargers but don't think it happens.

I only have one reason to pull for the Saints (agree about whoDat nation - they are a bunch loud obnoxious inbreds)
Maybe they can win a superbowl and Brees will finally retire
Sick of his $hit  
And take that punkass Payton with you    :)

6 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I love divisional playoff weekend. 

I’m ready to put a rack of ribs or a nice grouper filet on my new Traeger and watch some football.

Hers the deal, as a Buc fan I hate the Eagles, but may hate the Saints and Sean Payton’s smug ass even more.

Go Chargers!

I’d opt for the ribs, odds are the grouper was previously frozen as the season ended Jan 1st. I also don’t like the Eagles or Payton, the Saint team I’m ok with, it’s too bad one can’t be separated from the other.

2 hours ago, tb_buc said:

I’d opt for the ribs, odds are the grouper was previously frozen as the season ended Jan 1st. I also don’t like the Eagles or Payton, the Saint team I’m ok with, it’s too bad one can’t be separated from the other.

Ha. Funny I ended going chicken wings since I haven’t tried those on the Traeger yet. Unreal good!

My previous caught grouper can wait until we do some fried grouper nuggets. ;)

If anyone is in the market for a new grille, do yourself a favor a get a Traeger. I’ve always used a gas Weber Grille and will never go back. Everything I’ve cooked, since I got it from the wife for Xmas, has been outstanding. 

Oh and the football has been pretty shitty this weekend. The Chargers defense was awful today against the Pats.

I still think it’s KC vs Rams in the bowl. Two best teams all year. 

Nick Foles. If fans think that he should be the QB over Wentz they're nuts. Whatever team he goes to will need to have the setup he has in Philly for him to be successful. Solid defense. Good OL and solid running game and a couple of big receivers/TE.

Doesn't mean he's terrible but some of the fawning over him is just insane.

23 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I love divisional playoff weekend. 

I’m ready to put a rack of ribs or a nice grouper filet on my new Traeger and watch some football.

Hers the deal, as a Buc fan I hate the Eagles, but may hate the Saints and Sean Payton’s smug ass even more.

Go Chargers!

In that game, this is who I was pulling for.....

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Thanks for missing my point.

I did not miss it, but made a different one.

I agree that the QB in Philly is made more by the team than the QB. Interestingly enough I am not sure Wentz is all that great either. As a long time football fan I believe the game is won and lost in the trenches. An offensive line makes the passing and running game better. A defensive line disrupts that crap out of the opponents offense. To win teams must have good lines.

1 hour ago, Chas said:

I did not miss it, but made a different one.

I agree that the QB in Philly is made more by the team than the QB. Interestingly enough I am not sure Wentz is all that great either. As a long time football fan I believe the game is won and lost in the trenches. An offensive line makes the passing and running game better. A defensive line disrupts that crap out of the opponents offense. To win teams must have good lines.

I agree with the setup in Philly but I think Wentz is a much better QB than Foles. He's more dynamic in making a play when needed throughout the game. Too many Foles games seem to have these long periods of the offense just doing nothing....the last two games included. The defense holds the opponent down and then, in the best case scenario, Foles gets the team down the field for a score. Naturally the media falls into the trap of declaring Foles "clutch" or whatever label they wish to attach to him. As much as the pick wasn't his fault yesterday, if Cody Parkey doesn't do the double doink the week before, no one is talking about Foles.