Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Second chance, fresh start

Despite the fact that some of the most informed want to label some players “bust”, even some after only a couple games or only playing a handful of plays and/or being completely misused. 

Funny because the same posters who like to constantly make excuses for the first overall pick, are so quick to write off other players. The hypocrisy is off the charts laughable.

Here is a list of players who could blossom under better coaching and a better scheme:

VHIII- being a Gator fan, I was skeptical about using a top ten pick on Hargreaves. However, the guy has talent and has been completely misused since day 1. I can’t wait to see what Todd Bowles can do with him. He could blossom in an aggressive scheme with better coaching.

D Smith- the most informed love to hate him. But the truth is all the guy has done is never miss a single snap since he was drafted and played solid LT, despite the fact the Bucs have thrown the ball more than any other team in the ENTIRE league since he was drafted and in most games the have been playing from behind with No threat of running the ball, which allows pass rushers to tee off. Couple that with poor coaching and the hate for this guy is misguided. 

Winston- I’ve been one of his biggest critics  . But the guy was the top pick in the draft and has 88 TDs and 76 turnovers. I think some of that can be directly related to forcing things due to playing from behind so often, as well as knowing his defense has sucked and he needs to score in ever possession. I hope with a QB whisperer in Arians, knowing his coach has his back, that he turns the corner and plays the type of ball we all hope for.

RoJo- I didn’t know anything about this guy coming out last year other than what the most informed told me and the highlight vids. I was really hoping for Michele, Chubb or Guice. Truth is he didn’t get much of a chance to play and when he did, he was put in some horrible situations. He may be a bust, but it’s still way too early and not nearly enough tape to tell. He’s the type of cut back RB that would be much better in a ZBS. Curious to see what he can do this year. He just looked too talented on tape at USC to suck this bad. 

Justin Evans- athletic, fast and can bring some pop. Bowles can really coach up DBs and knows how to use safeties. 

45 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Despite the fact that some of the most informed want to label some players “bust”, even some after only a couple games or only playing a handful of plays and/or being completely misused. 

Funny because the same posters who like to constantly make excuses for the first overall pick, are so quick to write off other players. The hypocrisy is off the charts laughable.

Here is a list of players who could blossom under better coaching and a better scheme:

VHIII- being a Gator fan, I was skeptical about using a top ten pick on Hargreaves. However, the guy has talent and has been completely misused since day 1. I can’t wait to see what Todd Bowles can do with him. He could blossom in an aggressive scheme with better coaching.

D Smith- the most informed love to hate him. But the truth is all the guy has done is never miss a single snap since he was drafted and played solid LT, despite the fact the Bucs have thrown the ball more than any other team in the ENTIRE league since he was drafted and in most games the have been playing from behind with No threat of running the ball, which allows pass rushers to tee off. Couple that with poor coaching and the hate for this guy is misguided. 

Winston- I’ve been one of his biggest critics  . But the guy was the top pick in the draft and has 88 TDs and 76 turnovers. I think some of that can be directly related to forcing things due to playing from behind so often, as well as knowing his defense has sucked and he needs to score in ever possession. I hope with a QB whisperer in Arians, knowing his coach has his back, that he turns the corner and plays the type of ball we all hope for.

RoJo- I didn’t know anything about this guy coming out last year other than what the most informed told me and the highlight vids. I was really hoping for Michele, Chubb or Guice. Truth is he didn’t get much of a chance to play and when he did, he was put in some horrible situations. He may be a bust, but it’s still way too early and not nearly enough tape to tell. He’s the type of cut back RB that would be much better in a ZBS. Curious to see what he can do this year. He just looked too talented on tape at USC to suck this bad. 

Justin Evans- athletic, fast and can bring some pop. Bowles can really coach up DBs and knows how to use safeties. 

I thought VHIII was coming along this year before he go hurt. 

I would like see how D Smith does if we get a solid running game going so he nothing but a bull rush coming at him all the time

If Arians gets Winston to decrease his turnovers he will have a bright future

I am interested to see what Arians does do with RoJo because he used the same type of back to spell Johnson a lot in Arizona and it work great.

My only concern is JPP depending on the defense we run because he was not a fan of the 3-4 when the Giants switched. 

Regarding concerns about JPP - Arians points out, defenses play nickel 70% of the time now. Nickel employs a 4 DL structure, usually.  Arians has said, “We’ll play the system that favors what our players do best.”  Good music. 

I seem to recall Big Head Muck Smut saying that. He lied. 

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Nah Snook would have been on board with drafting VHIII, or any Gator for that matter. He also would be more in line with Tfree’s takes on Jaboo. 

So you're saying Snook is  TFREE? this place is getting really confusing!!!! And I am one person that say Jones sucks and was a wasted pick!!!

35 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

So you're saying Snook is  TFREE? this place is getting really confusing!!!! And I am one person that say Jones sucks and was a wasted pick!!!

I am with you on Jones but have decided to suspend all opinions on players not named BeneCock to see what good coaching can actually do for them. There’s been a reason why players that seem to suck as Bucs go on and have success elsewhere.

Winston has performed better and is the best QB during all of the franchises past Buc tenures.   It's just a shame they haven't had enough pieces to the puzzle in the early portion of his career.   Hopeful with the new regime the kicker, defense, and running game can be at least average to give him the adequate help he needs.

1 hour ago, Tundra said:

Regarding concerns about JPP - Arians points out, defenses play nickel 70% of the time now. Nickel employs a 4 DL structure, usually.  Arians has said, “We’ll play the system that favors what our players do best.”  Good music. 

I seem to recall Big Head Muck Smut saying that. He lied. 

Nickel is a DB structure. The front doesn't matter. Can be run with 3 DL, 4 DL or 2 DL.....Clemson ran it with no down lineman a couple of times vs. Bama.

29 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Nickel is a DB structure. The front doesn't matter. Can be run with 3 DL, 4 DL or 2 DL.....Clemson ran it with no down lineman a couple of times vs. Bama.

Exactly. What I mean is, you will take your best pass rushers and have them on the field if you are playing nickel, ie, expecting pass -- regardless of whether they play DT, DE, or LB. JPP is both a great pass rusher and damn good against the run.

Arians said "4-3, 3-4, we'll play defense. " And emphasized the word "attack" instead of the "read and react "  bullshit Lovie and Bighead had them playing. 

I had read some drivel somewhere about JPP not being a "3-4" guy, which I think is total bullshit. He's a great football player against the pass and run and we will watch him succeed under Todd's Bowels.