Sign in to follow this  
Dunn_Deal28

Free Agents to Watch...

Putting the cap space issues to the side, with Arians and Bowles on board, what players could be of interest in free agency?

One name that came to mind is WR John Brown. Played for Arians for four years. If the Bucs don't think Bobo is ready to replace Jackson as the 'speed WR in the line up, and if they lose Humphries, Brown could be a replacement.

Anyone else?

The only WR the Bucs should be considering signing this offseason is their own Hump to a long term deal. 

All he does is stay healthy, work hard, get opened, make catches, and is a team player who never complains. 

With Evans, Godwin, Howard and Hump..the offense is set at receiving options. 

I think Bruce will want a RB who can catch and play on third down. Names to consider that won’t cost much are TJ Yeldon and Damien Williams. Also, Bruce might want to bring in old man Peterson as well. 

gotta agree about Hump
I think he is job one in FA and depending if they still want him GMC restructure and FT Smith
The window is closing now that JW is playing on the 5th yr salary which makes it VERY important to NOT screw up in the draft.
We MUST come away with 3-4 legit prospects - which seems very remote given what has been done over the last few years and no 3rd rounder this year

8 minutes ago, Buc said:

gotta agree about Hump
I think he is job one in FA and depending if they still want him GMC restructure and FT Smith
The window is closing now that JW is playing on the 5th yr salary which makes it VERY important to NOT screw up in the draft.
We MUST come away with 3-4 legit prospects - which seems very remote given what has been done over the last few years and no 3rd rounder this year

If history's any indication, the second round pick won't see the field in 2019.

13 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

If history's any indication, the second round pick won't see the field in 2019.

All of those 2rd round misses are going to handicap this team for several more yrs.
Those are the players who should be starting right now
How many have we missed on, 3-4 of them??

ASJ - had dumbass written on him from the start
MJ Stewart - was a reach at R2
Roberto - it was a reach
ROJO - jury prolly still out
Spence - bum shoulder
VHIII - not at R1 #11. . . WTF???

1 minute ago, Buc said:

All of those 2rd round misses are going to handicap this team for several more yrs.
Those are the players who should be starting right now
How many have we missed on, 3-4 of them??

ASJ - had dumbass written on him from the start
MJ Stewart - was a reach at R2
Roberto - it was a reach
ROJO - jury prolly still out
Spence - bum shoulder
VHIII - not at R1 #11. . . WTF???

Part of the problem with Licht's misses is that they compound each other. Hargreaves wasn't worthy of being a top 15 pick, despite the ramblings of the most informed. And because of that, you get another reach in 2018 for M.J. Stewart - basically the same type of player - a tweener with limited speed and upside. 

Just imagine for a moment - we could have had:

Donte Jackson
Isaiah Oliver
Darius Guice

All would have been better choices than Stewart
I have to really wonder about our scouting department
I understand there will be misses - but like DD said it compounds on itself AND you have to hit in the second and 3rd rounds
You just have to

If Todd’s Bowel comes in and decides that Kwon GMC and JPP don’t fit, you are looking at a major major overhaul of the defense. Not a bad thing necessarily but there will likely be heavy action in FA on that side of the ball.  That’s where I think most of the FA action will be.

The OL needs such an enema, but maybe a coach with attitude and good teaching skills can take this group and make a difference. Would expect FA action there. 

Hump needs to be inked, period. Jameis already said that Bobo is a young Antonio Brown and if he believes that, Arians will certainly listen. Then there’s Watson, who may or may not be as good as he looked in preseason — we don’t know because he didn’t see the field because of WR depth.  I don’t see any FA action on WR or TE other than Hump.  RB should see some, as Qizz will go to Atlanta and Rojandro Jones will be selling hot dogs.  Barber could end up easily over 1000 yards next season. Dude plays so hard, it’s a shame he was running behind a WARHOPPINGFUCK OL. 

My 2 pesos. 

McCoy won't be restructured. He'll either be with the Bucs at $13mil or with someone else. Restructuring just kicks his cap can down the road. I don't see that happening.

What is done at WR depends on how the offense is structured and what personnel groupings Arians wants to run. I suspect a lot of 12 personnel. This lessens the need for WRs and increases for TEs. This would probably be disadvantageous for players such as Brate and Humphries. Why Brate? Well he's been able to catch until this season when he proved he could drop but the one thing he can't do is block which makes Auclair or some other inline TE more important. This allows the Bucs to line up the inline TE, Howard and Godwin same side with Howard flexed and run the ball (particularly if they run ZBS) to that side since both are beasts in the run game.

Jameis loves him some Brate. Brate had an injury that required(?) surgery. We have not heard more on that but clearly he was off. Arians will listen to Jameis before making decisions on the guys Jameis trusts.  Au Clair is a holding machine, from what he has shown me he blows. The guy I think has more to offer is Cross.  He blocks well and on the rare occasions he’s been downfield in preseason, he’s made some nice catches with Griff throwing. 

It will certainly be intriguing to see who will stay and who will go. But finally we have a HC that I trust to give appropriate input on the players.  Lovie fucked that up in two seconds after he was hired by gutting the OL and bring in Oneil’s Cousin and shit. 

Arians will think before he acts and will not make player decisions based on ego. And he will kick their asses in practice to get the details right so they don’t tard it up on the field during games. 

21 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Part of the problem with Licht's misses is that they compound each other. Hargreaves wasn't worthy of being a top 15 pick, despite the ramblings of the most informed. And because of that, you get another reach in 2018 for M.J. Stewart - basically the same type of player - a tweener with limited speed and upside. 

As I mentioned before that draft, Hargreaves struggled when he got passed 20 yards down field and was best when playing near the LOS. 

I was told I was wrong by the most informed, despite the fact I watched the kid play his entire career at UF. 

But he’s not the same player as Stewart. VHIII has length and is very athletic. He still has way more talent than Stewart as a cover corner. Stewart doesn’t have the quickness to cover slot receivers and might be best used as a in the box safety.

Hargreaves was greatly misused by Mike Smith. In a more aggressive defense VHIII should be able to reach his full potential and I think he has a big year. 

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

As I mentioned before that draft, Hargreaves struggled when he got passed 20 yards down field and was best when playing near the LOS. 

I was told I was wrong by the most informed, despite the fact I watched the kid play his entire career at UF. 

But he’s not the same player as Stewart. VHIII has length and is very athletic. He still has way more talent than Stewart as a cover corner. Stewart doesn’t have the quickness to cover slot receivers and might be best used as a in the box safety.

Hargreaves was greatly misused by Mike Smith. In a more aggressive defense VHIII should be able to reach his full potential and I think he has a big year. 

And I'm the homer ...

6 minutes ago, UncleBuc said:

And I'm the homer ...

We're basically seeing a poor man's snook.

Form a judgment based on where someone played. Hype said player to the point of absurdity. Tap dance around while said player dreadfully under performs. Start a thread in the off-season about said player is ready to play well.

Conversely, if you don't like where a player attended college. Bash said player to the point of absurdity. Blame said player for all the team's wrongs, i.e., the infamous musings after the Buffalo game in 2017. Then back track when said player is performing well and sugar coat the comments with talk like, 'I just want consistent play. I don't hate anyone'.

It goes on and on and on.

Like clockwork.

17 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

We're basically seeing a poor man's snook.

Form a judgment based on where someone played. Hype said player to the point of absurdity. Tap dance around while said player dreadfully under performs. Start a thread in the off-season about said player is ready to play well.

Conversely, if you don't like where a player attended college. Bash said player to the point of absurdity. Blame said player for all the team's wrongs, i.e., the infamous musings after the Buffalo game in 2017. Then back track when said player is performing well and sugar coat the comments with talk like, 'I just want consistent play. I don't hate anyone'.

It goes on and on and on.

Like clockwork.

You’re wrong as usual.

I was one of the few that DID NOT want to draft VHIII.

I don’t ever give a shit where some played college ball.

D Brooks is my favorite Buc of all time. Dunn a close second. Walker among my most hated.

Carry on and continue to spew complete bullshit, all while trying so hard to sound like you have any clue what you’re yapping on about.