Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CTBucsfan

Looking ahead, way ahead...

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, CTBucsfan said:

With a new coaching staff in place already (for the most part) ,  what would you, the 'most informed' do, with the 5th, and 39th picks in the upcoming draft ?

I don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade today. Mainly because I’m on board with Arians and think with his staff they can turn this team into a winner again. 

That being said, the drafts in Arizona when Bruce was HC, leave a bit to be desired. 

I want to hear first about what defense they plan to run. And also, what they do in FA and how they plan to handle players with big cap numbers like McCoy, Brate, Jackson, etc. Long way to go before we can speculate on the draft. 

But right now at 5, I think it’s either a CB or OT. Also, If Quinnen Williams falls to 5, he’s a no brainer pick, but doubt he falls that far. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fanofdabucs said:

I don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade today. Mainly because I’m on board with Arians and think with his staff they can turn this team into a winner again. 

That being said, the drafts in Arizona when Bruce was HC, leave a bit to be desired. 

I want to hear first about what defense they plan to run. And also, what they do in FA and how they plan to handle players with big cap numbers like McCoy, Brate, Jackson, etc. Long way to go before we can speculate on the draft. 

But right now at 5, I think it’s either a CB or OT. Also, If Quinnen Williams falls to 5, he’s a no brained pick, but doubt he falls that far. 

 

This right here.  Other than Quinine. Just because I didn't watch him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

That's from Tennesseean! What do you think those Fuzzy Mae humping inbreds would know about a college draft?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTBucsfan said:

With a new coaching staff in place already (for the most part) ,  what would you, the 'most informed' do, with the 5th, and 39th picks in the upcoming draft ?

For the 39th pick, I'd send Licht out for pizza while the head scout makes the selection.

As for mock drafts...it appears this mock draft shatters our dreams of taking Dwayne Haskins*** at #5 according to the Tennessean.

***this is sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tundra said:

This right here.  Other than Quinine. Just because I didn't watch him. 

Do yourself a favor T and turn on some Bama games from this year. The guy is an absolute monster on the inside. The thought of putting him next to Vea gets me..well excited. 

But I think after it’s all said and done he’s a top 3 player drafted. 

The good news is this draft is loaded at DL. So they could go OL in the First with best Olineman or best CB and then get a good DL in round 2. 

Bruce is going to want a RB who can catch, but I think they go vet in FA and draft a young back in the middle rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Do yourself a favor T and turn on some Bama games from this year. The guy is an absolute monster on the inside. The thought of putting him next to Vea gets me..well excited. 

But I think after it’s all said and done he’s a top 3 player drafted. 

The good news is this draft is loaded at DL. So they could go OL in the First with best Olineman or best CB and then get a good DL in round 2. 

Bruce is going to want a RB who can catch, but I think they go vet in FA and draft a young back in the middle rounds. 

That’s all good by me.  Knttr was way too loyal to Qizzy and Chud Sims for way too long. Arians will give Ronaldo Jonas a few mini camps to show something and if he doesn’t then he’ll be selling diet cokes and water outside the RayJay  next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buc said:

OL and DL

Maybe CB

That’s it right there, if the draft were today.

But, with free agency happening before the draft, no one has any idea what the team needs are going to be at this point.  We could be looking at anything from tackles and guards to a RB ot CB.  

Kwon and McCoy might be gone leaving holes at DT and LB.  if Humphries walks and Jackson is on the out, suddenly WR isn’t looking as hot either.  Do you draft a QB in the third Incase Fitz leaves and Winston doesn’t earn that new contract?  TE is strong with Howard but if Brate leaves we need another one.  

Needs all over, and no idea what it’ll look like in April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

But right now at 5, I think it’s either a CB or OT. Also, If Quinnen Williams falls to 5, he’s a no brained pick, but doubt he falls that far. 

 

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

Do yourself a favor T and turn on some Bama games from this year. The guy is an absolute monster on the inside. The thought of putting him next to Vea gets me..well excited. 

But I think after it’s all said and done he’s a top 3 player drafted. 

The good news is this draft is loaded at DL. So they could go OL in the First with best Olineman or best CB and then get a good DL in round 2. 

Bruce is going to want a RB who can catch, but I think they go vet in FA and draft a young back in the middle rounds. 

100% correct. If he falls to 5, we would be fucking idiots not to take him.

Other than him, the only other players that get me warm and fuzzy are Greg Little, Devin White, and Greedy Williams......at least at the 5 hole. If we were to trade down for more picks, I would have to re-evaluate who I would pick. In my estimation, any of those 4 guys at 5 would be much needed and great additions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It smells like a trade down, given what Licht was able to do with the seventh pick last year. I mean in terms of the picks he got, not necessarily the players he got with the picks. Vea looks like a big win.  RoFuxknotJo looks like a bedpan wiper at a nursing home. MJ Stewart looks like the guy that holds the bedpan after its been wiped. 

Someone said to take Licht out of the draft room for Round 2. This is an excellent idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

But right now at 5, I think it’s either a CB or OT. Also, If Quinnen Williams falls to 5, he’s a no brainer pick, but doubt he falls that far. 

 

We have to factor in what type of defense Bowles wants to run. I'm assuming McCoy isn't back. If that is the case and Bowles runs the 2 DT lock down he ran in Arizona, the Bucs will look to draft a DT early as McCoy isn't the type of DT required while Williams is as well as Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkens. Ed Oliver may not be as good as he is.

The QBs will go in front of the Bucs even though the first team which needs a QB is the Giants at 6. Haskins, if he's the best QB will be the first pick in the draft and go to either NY or Jax. The next QB may go #2. This makes Williams more of a chance of getting to the Bucs but still a longshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

We have to factor in what type of defense Bowles wants to run. I'm assuming McCoy isn't back. If that is the case and Bowles runs the 2 DT lock down he ran in Arizona, the Bucs will look to draft a DT early as McCoy isn't the type of DT required while Williams is as well as Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkens. Ed Oliver may not be as good as he is.

The QBs will go in front of the Bucs even though the first team which needs a QB is the Giants at 6. Haskins, if he's the best QB will be the first pick in the draft and go to either NY or Jax. The next QB may go #2. This makes Williams more of a chance of getting to the Bucs but still a longshot.

Well done, GSS. Another factor in the mix, are the other QB needy teams who may want to trade into the top 5.  Thinking about Pittsburgh (Big Ben is done and getting more surly every season - he needs to be surpassed) and Denver (Keenum  is a decent QB but can’t see Elway being patient, he’ll want to flex his nuts and I could see him trying to trade up to take Haskins). And....New England is going to need a QB and soon. Probably not their circumstance to trade up for Haskins but, lots of opportunity for folks wanting to get into the top 5 and Licht holds one of the tickets to the Whore’s Ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

We have to factor in what type of defense Bowles wants to run. I'm assuming McCoy isn't back. If that is the case and Bowles runs the 2 DT lock down he ran in Arizona, the Bucs will look to draft a DT early as McCoy isn't the type of DT required while Williams is as well as Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkens. Ed Oliver may not be as good as he is.

The QBs will go in front of the Bucs even though the first team which needs a QB is the Giants at 6. Haskins, if he's the best QB will be the first pick in the draft and go to either NY or Jax. The next QB may go #2. This makes Williams more of a chance of getting to the Bucs but still a longshot.

 

In a fairly weak QB draft and with the teams picking in the top 5 all fairly set at QB, I don’t think we see many teams trading up to draft a QB this year. 

There is always one QB needy team that panics and trades up, but I highly doubt two QBs go in the top 5 this year..maybe not even one. 

Also, the Dline talent with Bosa, Williams Gary, Allen all being elite type prospects, means  those teams picking at the top that have dline needs (Arizona, SF, Oakland, Tampa) should stand pat and take them.

For the first time in a while I feel good about where the Bucs sit in the draft. I think an elite DL, CB or LB will be there to pick or, if a QB needy team wants to trade up, the 5 spot might be the sweet spot, because after the Bucs pick then the teams who need QBs would start picking (Giants, Jags).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Well done, GSS. Another factor in the mix, are the other QB needy teams who may want to trade into the top 5.  Thinking about Pittsburgh (Big Ben is done and getting more surly every season - he needs to be surpassed) and Denver (Keenum  is a decent QB but can’t see Elway being patient, he’ll want to flex his nuts and I could see him trying to trade up to take Haskins). And....New England is going to need a QB and soon. Probably not their circumstance to trade up for Haskins but, lots of opportunity for folks wanting to get into the top 5 and Licht holds one of the tickets to the Whore’s Ball. 

I think you’re missing the most likely, the two teams that pick right after us, Giants and Jags.

Eli is done. I think they wanted to go QB last year, but Barkley was too good to pass up. 

And unless the Jags go after a vet QB this offseason, they are almost a lock to go QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take Greedy Williams or Deandre Baker with number 5 to bolster the secondary.  A coachable mean, nasty OL OR BPA at 39.  That happens then maybe we got something going on for the next couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBlaque666 said:

Take Greedy Williams or Deandre Baker with number 5 to bolster the secondary.  A coachable mean, nasty OL OR BPA at 39.  That happens then maybe we got something going on for the next couple years.

Way too early to say. Need to know what defense will be run, what happens in FA and what they decide to do with McCoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fanofdabucs said:

Way too early to say. Need to know what defense will be run, what happens in FA and what they decide to do with McCoy.

Was going to edit my post and state that but decided someone else would bring it up.  Honestly feel McCoy is gone, regardless what defense we use, but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I think you’re missing the most likely, the two teams that pick right after us, Giants and Jags.

Eli is done. I think they wanted to go QB last year, but Barkley was too good to pass up. 

And unless the Jags go after a vet QB this offseason, they are almost a lock to go QB. 

GSS covered them. I was adding to it rather than repeating it. Dick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×