Sign in to follow this  
MadMac

Arians is in.....and guess who may be coming back?

..The #Bucs are signing Bruce Arians to a 4-year deal with a fifth-yaer option, source said. Among the coaches Arians hopes to finalize deals with: Harold Goodwin as Run Game Coordinator/OLine, Byron Leftwich as Pass Game Coordinator and Clyde Christianson as QB coach.

So if all the rumors panned out and Arians decided to keep part of the coaching staff intact, we'd be looking at:

Arians for HC

Monken or Caldwell for OC

Bowels for DC

Christensen for QB's

Goodwin and Leftwich for "passing coordinator" and "running coordinator" whatever that means...

Buckner for DL

I'm glad I was wrong about the reports of Arians being in Tampa getting a physical and then it going quiet. I thought what really happened was he expressed interest in working for the Glazers upon his arrival causing him to be Baker acted for 48 hours. 

And I hope Light wiped his chin before meeting with any media types after the deal was done.

I don't have much knowledge of the people in the third tier coaching positions (other than gagging a bit reminiscing on leftwich's post-college playing career), but i'd feel optimistic going into the season with arians, monken (unless he jumps at other offers) and bowles as the trinity of head coaches. 

If they can find a way to restructure mccoy, retain humphries, and give me a draft to be to excited about, i'll be ready to drink the kool-aid again heading into year 12 of the of the 5 year rebuild

Great hire presuming Arians is motivated and the opportunity to turn this franchise around might give him a shot in the arm.

No issues with his staff choices. So far it looks like he's adding coaches he's familiar with and with whom he's had success.

Really want Bowles. Similar to Koetter. Can't be the CEO of a football team but a very good coordinator. Defense would look a lot better with him.

2 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Great hire presuming Arians is motivated and the opportunity to turn this franchise around might give him a shot in the arm.

No issues with his staff choices. So far it looks like he's adding coaches he's familiar with and with whom he's had success.

Really want Bowles. Similar to Koetter. Can't be the CEO of a football team but a very good coordinator. Defense would look a lot better with him.

Only thing that's scary is Leftwich…..I couldn't wait to see him leave here....hopefully he's  good at Pass game coordinator.....WTF...is that....anyway I just tried a bit of negativity....it feels shitty.... so.....I'm loving it..... now lets see who stays and who hits the pavement when it come to whos still here.....

Clyde was a terrible OC whose hands on the knife stuck in Les Steckel's back when he was the QB coach. When Clyde was named the OC in 2009, Tom Moore was quitting as he was screwed by the change of pension rules. Manning made a stink and the Colts brought Moore back as senior offensive coordinator for 2 years. Clyde's only year as true OC when Manning was unable to play in 2011. Hard to fault for that train wreck. Once more the Colts were happy with the train wreck they created since it got them Luck.

Then in 2012 Pagano replaced Caldwell and stepped him down to QB coach for Luck. Since Luck was the franchise, it was not a huge step down except OCs are paid far more than QB coaches. They were also a hotter commodity to be a future head coach at that time.

There is no official announcement from the damn team . 

It can still get fuckall. I don’t believe it. 

Fucking Clyde returns? Waiting for Mike Shula. :facepalm

But Bruce can make it all better, if he is indeed really the coach and doesn’t fucking  stroke out between now and the opening of Orgasmed Team Activities in May or whenever they do that shit. 

33 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Moving to a 3-4 base has been batted around out there if Bowles was going to be the guy.

Bowles has run a 3-4 and a 4-3, apparently he’s known for adapting to fit his personnel.  So it could be a 3-4, but I don’t think it’s guaranteed or even more likely. 

Just now, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Bowles has run a 3-4 and a 4-3, apparently he’s known for adapting to fit his personnel.  So it could be a 3-4, but I don’t think it’s guaranteed or even more likely. 

Not a fit for their current personnel front 7 to go to a base 3-4 but Bowles is said to favor a hybrid anyway.

56 minutes ago, Axe said:

Leftwich? He's yet to complete the windup on his last NFL pass.. :facepalm

Maybe that's the hold up ;)

Leftwich did help the Bucs win the NFC South in 2007 as the Falcons starting QB. made turnovers that led to three TDs in the Bucs 31-7 win. As the Bucs 2009 QB, he had a good game in the loss to Dallas. Raheem proclaimed Leftwich a stud before benching him for Josh Johnson three weeks later.

56 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Not a fit for their current personnel front 7 to go to a base 3-4 but Bowles is said to favor a hybrid anyway.

I see one person in the present front 7 that MIGHT be a 3-4 fit

56 minutes ago, Tundra said:

When the team announces this on the website I’ll believe and celebrate the way I like.  In the mean time I’ll just get drunker. 

Hey bitch, I tagged you but you were drunk to see it.. Blackmore Road made song of the yr somewhere I respect ;)