Sign in to follow this  
rook

John Lynch is one of the 15 finalists

The 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame: Tony Gonzalez, Isaac Bruce, Edgerrin James, Ed Reed, Steve Atwater, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, John Lynch, Tony Boselli, Kevin Mawae, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson, Richard Seymour, Don Coryell & Tom Flores

Tony Boselli should be a lock. Tom Flores as a coach should be a lock. He has two Super Bowls win with the Raiders. Champ Bailey should be a lock as well. 12 Pro Bowls and in 2006 he had a season with 10 picks and did not get beat for a TD pass. In 2009 he also did not get beat for a TD. Pretty hard to do in the pass happy NFL.

My memory of Champ Bailey was when he was with the Redskins and had all the talent in the world, but a 2 cent brain, so I could be totally wrong about him.   Aside from the 2 Super Bowl wins, Flores was an average coach with a short career.  He also took over a team that hadn't had a losing season in over a decade.  IF people were angry about Dungy, they should be livid about Flores.  The talent died down with the Raiders and he became a 6-10 coach there.  Then he goes to Seattle takes a 7-9 Seahawks team into the gutter before making them a 6-10 team.

16 hours ago, rook said:

The 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame: Tony Gonzalez, Isaac Bruce, Edgerrin James, Ed Reed, Steve Atwater, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, John Lynch, Tony Boselli, Kevin Mawae, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson, Richard Seymour, Don Coryell & Tom Flores

Tony G, Reed, Atwater, Boselli, Hutch, Coryell and maybe Flores would be my choices.

2 Safeties in one class would be odd considering the so few safeties who've made it to this point but the bozos have been really lax with Atwater considering the hard on they have for essentially the same player in Lynch and Atwater preceded him.

3 hours ago, tfree32 said:

Lynch belongs in the Hall of the Very Good, along with Barber, Alstott, and the rest of the former Bucs the clueless fanboys clamor for.

But then so did Tony Dungy, so who knows.

If Lynch gets in due to his nice guy image and ambassador to the game stuff,  and nobody complains, I'm calling everyone here a bunch of racists.  Then I'm taking my keyboard, and I'm gonna quit typing until 2019 in protest. :)

41 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

If Lynch gets in due to his nice guy image and ambassador to the game stuff,  and nobody complains, I'm calling everyone here a bunch of racists.  Then I'm taking my keyboard, and I'm gonna quit typing until 2019 in protest. :)

Racists?

We all know Lynch is only on the list as an ethnic minority player (white guy) for the exposure.