Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

Fixing the Rooney Rule

13 minutes ago, jobuc597 said:

Sorry, but bias and familiarity kick in plenty there.

See....Koetter keeping Mike Smth….when he should have been fired the year before.....got Koetter fucked and fired...see how well that works..

Mike Smith was a tranny

It's been only 15 years but this rule should be about ready for retirement. And it should be considered demeaning to ethic minorities. 

There may always be racist owners or owners who believe fan racism effects the perception of their product, and bottom line. But they surely know that winning is more lucrative.

And someday hopefully we see a man on the sidelines not a black man, or a white man, Hispanic, Asian, or whatever. Just good coaches and Buc coaches. Bad. I mean bad coaches

Turns out you all are a bunch of racist assholes after all.....

The Bucs didn't interview him because of the Rooney rule.  The interviewed him because he was a great candidate.  Because guess what racists, their second interviewee was black as well!!!  Could this be the double Rooney rule in action, or are the Bucs just interviewing good candidates.   You people make me sick and you should all be ashamed.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-bring-vikings-dc-george-edwards-in-for-head-coach-interview

5 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

The Bucs didn't interview him because of the Rooney rule.  The interviewed him because he was a great candidate.  Because guess what racists, their second interviewee was black as well!!!  Could this be the double Rooney rule in action, or are the Bucs just interviewing good candidates.   You people make me sick and you should all be ashamed.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-bring-vikings-dc-george-edwards-in-for-head-coach-interview

Before you start calling folks here racist and assholes.....Maybe just try and read what people are saying...

Your making the point that most are saying ...The rules is out dated nor needed....The Three whiteTards interviewing 2 Black canidates should show you That they are interviewing who They perceive as best candidates for Head coach regardless of color.....

5 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

You’re completely clueless. 

Ofcourse the Bucs interviewed those candidates because they were sincerely interested. It had ZERO to do with the color of their skin or the Racists Rule.

It’s a damn shame that in 2019 people still believe black coaches need help being successful. That thought process is way more racists than anything that you have in your imagination that is really happening. 

The Jews have hired as many black coaches as they have crackers. I’m pretty sure they, like all the rest of the nfl owners, never even consider skin color when searching for a HC that can win football games. Until of course, the Racist Rule forces then to think about skin color.

1 hour ago, rook said:

Rooney rule by ensuring a minority is interviewed but not guaranteed a hire is not even affirmative action. At best, it is equal opportunity. It has been successful

and not even challengable with the current conservative USSC.

No one said it was affirmative action, but just as racists, pointless and demeaning to qualified black coaches. 

If I was highly qualified black coach and a team new who they wanted to hire already (a white coach) and they interviewed me just to satisfy some racist rule, I’d tell them to kindly go fuck themselves. 

Why do you think the NFL was doing it? Dungy was qualified coach but he was constantly being ignored when the NFL was throwing tons of money at guys like Steve Spurrier or retreads like Ditka (the idiot who traded his entire draft for a RB). Steve Spurrier who was 12-20 in his two years with Washington. The number of AA coaches went from 6% to 22% so it could be hardly considered a failure.

Spurrier could not even run a NFL practice in his first year. Marvin Lewis his DC before he went to the Bengals as HC in year 2 ran Spurrier's practices. I still remember on MNF Spurrier with scraps of paper on the ground trying to choose a play call. I would have fired him on the spot. You might be able to argue that things have changed since those days. But at the time , wunderkind college coaches (Spurrier) and retread white coaches that failed multiple times were getting interviews and jobs while AA coaches were not even being interviewed.

10 minutes ago, rook said:

You might be able to argue that things have changed since those days. But at the time , wunderkind college coaches (Spurrier) and retread white coaches that failed multiple times were getting interviews and jobs while AA coaches were not even being interviewed.

Yet when it is suggested the league no longer needs the rule as we see plenty of ethnic minority candidates interviewed and hired on merit, there's contentious debate and name-calling.

7 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

What's really going to make some people sick is Richards appears to be black as well. Not a good look to triple down on the Rooney rule and then hiring Arians.

19 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

What's really going to make some people sick is Richards appears to be black as well. Not a good look to triple down on the Rooney rule and then hiring Arians.

Sick? The tardlets should be applauded for exposing 3 black coaches to the NFL hiring world. Imagine the problems these guys would have exposing themselves.

11 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Sick? The tardlets should be applauded for exposing 3 black coaches to the NFL hiring world. Imagine the problems these guys would have exposing themselves.

For the record, I think the Rooney rule is a good one and have no problem with it nor do I really understand why anyone not directly involved would have any problem with it.

My post was just a continuing effort to stick to the board's high standards of asshole-ness.

3 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

For the record, I think the Rooney rule is a good one and have no problem with it nor do I really understand why anyone not directly involved would have any problem with it.

My post was just a continuing effort to stick to the board's high standards of asshole-ness.

I m nt sshle.

i m cnt

8 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I personally don't have a problem with the Rooney Rule....The only real stipulation about the rule is that you interview one minority …..If I get the rule simply put...I've been around the NFL in a fan capacity for a long time....and sure back when the rule was IMO needed....But since  lets say 20 years ago when there was no black and brown faces coaching, to now when there are several dozens throughout the ranks....that is a huge improvement....I just believe teams want to hire who they believe is best for their team and not limit themselves to only white faces....I only think the rule is out dated and not needed anymore...but hey if ..you have to have the rule so be it...it still lets the owners hire who they want...I would like to believe the world has grow up a little over the years...

1 hour ago, Boatrunner said:

Great video on the current state of the NFL 

Ohh fuck off.

How about the coaches of color performing at a higher level........like Tomlin has in Pittsburgh.......or Lovie did at Chicago before he entered a catatonic state.....or Anthony Lynn is currently. The sad truth of the matter is none of the ones over the last 5-7 years that have been fired have performed even close to those 2 examples level. He mentioned Jason Garrett. Ok, what he fails to realize is that Garrett was a Cowboy in his playing career, has a long Cowboy history, and Jerry Jones likes having a yes man as coach. That's why he hasn't been shit-canned. It has nothing to do with color of skin. I get fucking tired of hearing this crap all because no one hires a person of color. We tried it twice and got burned both times.

Blow that stupid shit out your ass. 

WHAT?!!  Hiring Dungy did not burn us.  He took a team that hadn't won 7 games in forever, and gave them winning seasons.  He needed to go at the end and had plenty of faults, but without Dungy we wouldn't have had that defense and the team wouldn't have won the Super Bowl.  Yeah, Gruden took them there, but Dungy laid down the foundation.

I'd also add that Raheem wasn't a legit hiring of a HC.  They hired someone who wasn't qualified knowing he wasn't qualified and grossly overpaid him to run the team on the cheap.  No coach would have succeeded.  What were they spending?  60% of the cap?

45 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

WHAT?!!  Hiring Dungy did not burn us.  He took a team that hadn't won 7 games in forever, and gave them winning seasons.  He needed to go at the end and had plenty of faults, but without Dungy we wouldn't have had that defense and the team wouldn't have won the Super Bowl.  Yeah, Gruden took them there, but Dungy laid down the foundation.

I'd also add that Raheem wasn't a legit hiring of a HC.  They hired someone who wasn't qualified knowing he wasn't qualified and grossly overpaid him to run the team on the cheap.  No coach would have succeeded.  What were they spending?  60% of the cap?

I'm talking about the last 5-7 years, BB.

And Raheehaw was a legit hire. He was the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No matter how you want to spin it, it is what it is - he satisfied the need for a Rooney Rule hiring and was way over his head.

Dungy is another example of a successful black coach. 

Point being that job opportunities can't just be given to folks of different ethnicity "just because". And the coaches who have been fired over the last 5-7 all were relatively unsuccessful head coaches, for whatever reason, but color had nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

WHAT?!!  Hiring Dungy did not burn us.  He took a team that hadn't won 7 games in forever, and gave them winning seasons. 

The Bucs were 7-9 the year before he was hired.  Just saying......