Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

Bruce Arians bitches. ​​​​​​​

Good hire. Splendid hire considering that this isn't that great of an option for a coich looking to succeed. They're right on the verge of needing a MAGAton of explosives to blow it up and cap space that's about as ideal as a brillo pad hand job.

Still, he'd have been my first choice of the existing market.

Love the Bowles inclusion. That dude did good things with crap lineups several times over and he'll have to rebuild the whole back-end of this defense next season. He's a former safety and made his early living coaching DBs. He may actually be able to exceed Schiano with this personnel set. Unfortunately, keeping Jamiss means the defense absorbs the salary cap brillo pad hand job issue.

Clod is the counterpoint, obviously, since he comes back and we have to build a wall around our already inconsistent, incapable, QB. We'll find out all we need to know about that in the 1st quarter of the first game next season because the last guy you want tossing the rock in a "no risk it, no biscuit" scheme is the schmuck Licht calls our QB. If Clod and Arians and...

Leftwich makes his way back to disaster. I'm not convinced that is a bad thing, but we know exactly zero about that since his career highlight as a coach is taking over for the guy who got fired ahead of him and then getting fired himself, largely because his rookie quarterback didn't progress.

Goodwin is a win if only because it means that War-fucking-hop is vanquished.

The real win in all of this is that, given the fact that Licht has uber-fucked the personnel on this team, and tantalized everyone into thinking it was a good idea, we're going to take it in the shorts on defense yet again. That doesn't sound like good news, but it's the truth. Unless Licht's even dumber than I give him credit for, he'll have to draft an OT, an OG, an RB, 3-24 CBs, a S for good measure, a LB or three, in that order. Again, doesn't sound like good news, especially considering we have one of the top 10 DTs in the league leaving to fit Jameis's option year, but Todd Bowles is apparently on board. If we're lucky, he's figured out that he's a career coordinator vice head coach. If we're not, at least he can get us tracking toward managing shitty personnel for a year or so and we can get out of the trend of 25+ finishes we endured under the HEAD.

We'll see, Tank. Put a decent run game in place with an OL that is properly coached and can actually run block, and playing quarterback suddenly becomes a shit ton easier. Coaching DBs to not give 25 yard cushions on 3rd and 12, and actually covering a guy out of zone, while novel, may actually raise the defense from wretched to average. That also makes playing quarterback a helluva lot easier. 

Arians wouldn't be coming if he thought Winston was a disaster. He doesn't have that kind of time. 

So prudent to be skeptical but even Tundra is allowing for a little optimism to seep in. Except for Clod Crustacean. Fuck that guy. 

6 hours ago, Tundra said:

We'll see, Tank. Put a decent run game in place with an OL that is properly coached and can actually run block, and playing quarterback suddenly becomes a shit ton easier. Coaching DBs to not give 25 yard cushions on 3rd and 12, and actually covering a guy out of zone, while novel, may actually raise the defense from wretched to average. That also makes playing quarterback a helluva lot easier. 

Arians wouldn't be coming if he thought Winston was a disaster. He doesn't have that kind of time. 

So prudent to be skeptical but even Tundra is allowing for a little optimism to seep in. Except for Clod Crustacean. Fuck that guy. 

Arians has a relationship with Winston that goes back 10+ years. There's mutual respect there. This won't be a case of Koetter's passive aggressive bull shit.

7 hours ago, Cantankeris said:

Good hire. Splendid hire considering that this isn't that great of an option for a coich looking to succeed. They're right on the verge of needing a MAGAton of explosives to blow it up and cap space that's about as ideal as a brillo pad hand job.

Still, he'd have been my first choice of the existing market.

Love the Bowles inclusion. That dude did good things with crap lineups several times over and he'll have to rebuild the whole back-end of this defense next season. He's a former safety and made his early living coaching DBs. He may actually be able to exceed Schiano with this personnel set. Unfortunately, keeping Jamiss means the defense absorbs the salary cap brillo pad hand job issue.

Clod is the counterpoint, obviously, since he comes back and we have to build a wall around our already inconsistent, incapable, QB. We'll find out all we need to know about that in the 1st quarter of the first game next season because the last guy you want tossing the rock in a "no risk it, no biscuit" scheme is the schmuck Licht calls our QB. If Clod and Arians and...

Leftwich makes his way back to disaster. I'm not convinced that is a bad thing, but we know exactly zero about that since his career highlight as a coach is taking over for the guy who got fired ahead of him and then getting fired himself, largely because his rookie quarterback didn't progress.

Goodwin is a win if only because it means that War-fucking-hop is vanquished.

The real win in all of this is that, given the fact that Licht has uber-fucked the personnel on this team, and tantalized everyone into thinking it was a good idea, we're going to take it in the shorts on defense yet again. That doesn't sound like good news, but it's the truth. Unless Licht's even dumber than I give him credit for, he'll have to draft an OT, an OG, an RB, 3-24 CBs, a S for good measure, a LB or three, in that order. Again, doesn't sound like good news, especially considering we have one of the top 10 DTs in the league leaving to fit Jameis's option year, but Todd Bowles is apparently on board. If we're lucky, he's figured out that he's a career coordinator vice head coach. If we're not, at least he can get us tracking toward managing shitty personnel for a year or so and we can get out of the trend of 25+ finishes we endured under the HEAD.

Sounds like you’re going to be eating some major crow bro!

Winston will now have weapons (just an all pro WR, another stud WR in Goodwin, monster TE, reliable slot guy in Hump if he’s back), now a QB whisperer as HC and maybe they can build an OL that never allows him to be sacked or hit and then a running game that is really good as well.

THEN Winston will be ready to shine and make us all eat crow for questioning why the number one overall pick in the draft isn’t more consistent. 

Boom Bitches! 

While happy with Arians, Bowles and Goodwin, it's just weird that everyone is talking about the offense in general and the QB specifically. As Tank references, the biggest problem on the team is not either of those things. It is the fact that the defense significantly devoid of talent and that it wasn't only scheme which has caused that side of the ball to suck for what is going on many seasons now. In addition, Bowles defense lends itself more to 3-4 type of personnel for which the team is not particularly stacked with including the double DT grouping he likes to use.

Yet that is not even the biggest problem. That is that the DB room is full of guys who haven't been particularly successful or have been complete wastes of time at least as starters. Davis as a CB may be salvageable at this point and I'll say the same about Justin Evans. Hargreaves not only hasn't played particularly well but he's been hurt doing so. Ryan Smith? He took over for Davis last week and was completely overmatched which, with the exception of a game or two, has been the norm with him. M.J. Stewart is probably going to get a look as a FS before he's given up on. Everyone else is a backup.

Arians had good to excellent defenses at Arizona.  His worst was in the average category.   We can say that was due to personnel, but think about all the personnel that was with the Bucs defense that have gone on to success elsewhere because idiot coaches thought they weren't good enough or improper fits -- instead of just fucking coaching them properly.  So I think that maybe, with a healthy Kwon and Beckwith and David, and the DL with Vea coming on, Nassib, JPP, maybe Curry (who was hurt much of the year), and a fortified defensive backfield through some free agent acquisitions, this defense may be able to get to "average."  Which would have put the Bucs with a winning record the last two seasons. So I expect Arians to demand the defense play to a standard, and will not be so soft and unaccountable as Knttr was. 

Bring it Brucey!!!

14 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Sounds like you’re going to be eating some major crow bro!

Winston will now have weapons (just an all pro WR, another stud WR in Goodwin, monster TE, reliable slot guy in Hump if he’s back), now a QB whisperer as HC and maybe they can build an OL that never allows him to be sacked or hit and then a running game that is really good as well.

THEN Winston will be ready to shine and make us all eat crow for questioning why the number one overall pick in the draft isn’t more consistent. 

Boom Bitches! 

THEN!

I think the most important thing that Bucco Bruce said was he was going to build the offense around Winston.  Rather than make Winston fit into a system that doesn't really fit his strengths.  I think Winston is going to have a huge year in 2019.

9 hours ago, MrBlaque666 said:

I think the most important thing that Bucco Bruce said was he was going to build the offense around Winston.  Rather than make Winston fit into a system that doesn't really fit his strengths.  I think Winston is going to have a huge year in 2019.

Arians might also do something really crazy like build an established running game and hold the 'franchise' LT accountable. Those things don't matter to the most informed though. No running game. No pass protection. Who cares? Winston should be slinging it for 5,000 yards, 50 TD's and 5 INT's. 

12 hours ago, MrBlaque666 said:

Arians offense doesn't vary all that much from Koetter's in the passing game.