Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

Koetter Fired

2 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

Exactly. I honestly don't understand leaving him around for another year. 

Not sure why the Glazers think that Licht can rectify the mess he created.  Now, best case scenario, the Bucs end up with a new general manager next year . . . who is saddled with a second year head coach that he didn’t hire . . .  and the decision of whether to sign Winston to a long term contract.   (And this assumes that the new general manager even has a choice in the matter on Winston.  The Glazers could simply demand that Winston stay or go themselves.) Gee what could go wrong in that scenario.

Just now, tfree32 said:

Any prediction? Who do you think they have in mind?

I have zero prediction. None. Nada.

The reason I think you can forget about McCarthy and Harbaugh is because those 2 guys will want more control over personnel decisions and I think they will not want to share personel decisions with Licht. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

With Monte back to coach the defense...and Dungy as Director of Football Ops...

🙂

LOL not exactly what was on my mind. Lane isn't going to stay at a mid-size university forever. He will make a move at some point. Just throwing a name out there, because honestly, I have no idea who might be their "target" (if one even exists).

1 minute ago, SamuraiBuc said:

LOL not exactly what was on my mind. Lane isn't going to stay at a mid-size university forever. He will make a move at some point. Just throwing a name out there, because honestly, I have no idea who might be their "target" (if one even exists).

I was joking too. Lane is unqualified, Monte is probably 80, and Dungy would only seem competent in comparison to the Glazers, Licht, etc.

34 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

I have zero prediction. None. Nada.

The reason I think you can forget about McCarthy and Harbaugh is because those 2 guys will want more control over personnel decisions and I think they will not want to share personel decisions with Licht. Just my opinion.

Hadn't thought of it that way Samurai. I don't want McCarthy. I'm not sure why the hate at Harbaugh. He was pretty successful with the Niners.....and elsewhere

17 minutes ago, CTBucsfan said:

Let us not forget the 3 tards still running this shitshow.  Is this gonna be another 'Promote from Within' Party ?

Nothing in the announcement regarding the staff although the entire staff's contracts run out on Jan 31 anyway so they really don't have to say anything.

Buc fans.....your new Head Coach is George Warhop!!!!!

GSS, I truly have no idea where they are going with this move (and I'm not surprised by it).

The job isn't that attractive (to be honest). You have what I feel is a lame duck GM now. You have some dysfunctional pieces. For all the talent in the place, it isn't a job that sells itself. The revolving door is just another reason a prospective coach would have second thoughts.

I will reserve my pessimism until I see what they do, but I'm not optimistic they will make the right choice.