Sign in to follow this  
JOEinPHX

It's Griffin Time

Lotsa talk these days about finally giving Ryan Griffin a shot at regular season action.  Fans, talking heads, coaching staff all say it needs to happen - in the case of Dirk, he says it needs to happen when the time is right.

Well, the time is right.  Bench Winston.  Hold him out of practice.  Do (1) absolutely nothing to risk an injury trigger on a 2019 contract and (2) let him know that he's guaranteed absolutely nothing going forward.  It wouldn't benefit this coaching staff, they're toast anyway.  But it might be a benefit to Licht or a successor.  It would almost certainly benefit the franchise going forward.

Activate Fitz and Griffin this Sunday.  Start Griffin.  There won't be another opportunity.

One game or a part of a game probably doesnt give you much of anything to evaluate at this point.
There is plenty of practice tape for any new coach to look at to understand if he can be successful.
I understand the injury concern to Winston. . .  but just play the kid and lets get this season over with.

While it looks like Griffin might see some action, we still really won't learn much more about him as the Bucs-Falcons game is basically an end of the season exhibition game given where both teams are.

If they are going to play him, I would like to see them pull Jameis early and give Griffin some time with the first string. Throwing him in the the third or fourth quarter when the scrubs for both teams will likely be on the field won't accomplish much. 

3 hours ago, Craig B. said:

I wonder if by virtue of the fact they haven't sat Winston or won't this week then it means they are definitely going to go forward with the option year. seems like the tea leaves are saying that. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I think that is what it is saying exactly.

I can think of no other reason to trot him out there this week.

If they were serious about giving Griffin a legit look, he would be starting the game. Then again, I don't think any of this asshat coaching staff will be around next year to make it matter anyway.

8 hours ago, Craig B. said:

I wonder if by virtue of the fact they haven't sat Winston or won't this week then it means they are definitely going to go forward with the option year. seems like the tea leaves are saying that. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I think some think there's more of a decision to make than I do. I think Winston's the QB to as close to a certainty as we can get at this point for 2019.

2 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I think some think there's more of a decision to make than I do. I think Winston's the QB to as close to a certainty as we can get at this point for 2019.

Unfortunately I think that’s likely correct. Give the next staff a trial run with him and see if he’s a good fit, he can reduce turnovers, stop raping women, etc.

22 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Pretty much.  They've made the call to keep him on the field this year, and it's pretty unlikely that they get a HC who isn't willing to work with Winston.

This start Griffin proposal has merit. So it won't happen.

Winston will likely be injured early and Griffin will come in and lead a comeback against a hobbled Falcon team.

He'll earn praise and a backup spot next year. And also drop the Bucs draft position down about 6 picks.

Winston returns as starter and sets an NFL record for pick 6's.

4 hours ago, bucs63 said:

This start Griffin proposal has merit. So it won't happen.

Winston will likely be injured early and Griffin will come in and lead a comeback against a hobbled Falcon team.

He'll earn praise and a backup spot next year. And also drop the Bucs draft position down about 6 picks.

Winston returns as starter and sets an NFL record for pick 6's.

That's what I like about you......always keeping it positive.

Have some titties.:boobs:

On 12/27/2018 at 5:05 AM, Craig B. said:

On 12/27/2018 at 8:55 AM, SamuraiBuc said:

I think that is what it is saying exactly.

I can think of no other reason to trot him out there this week.

If they were serious about giving Griffin a legit look, he would be starting the game. Then again, I don't think any of this asshat coaching staff will be around next year to make it matter anyway.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:48 PM, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Winston will be QB in 2019. It’s obvious and not a question in the Glazed Ears minds.  

Maybe the lack of Glazed Ear movements in the coaching market means that Koetter’s replacement comes from within.  I don’t know. I shouldn’t fucking care.  None of us should. Why does this fuckchise deserve any of our loyalties? Why???

Hatem. 

Fuckem.