Sign in to follow this  
Seafarer

Head Coach

The thing that I keep going back to is the fact that unless you have a proven, viable option at head coach, why keep the carousel spinning? Now don't take that as a vote of confidence for Koetter.......because it isn't. Here's what we know about Koetter: he has had success with the offense - now how much of that is Dirk and how much of that is Monken, no one knows. The defense has been better under Duffner, but not enough to crown him with DC.

My mind changes on this as much as a menopausal woman. 

Tonight? I'd retain Dirk. I'd franchise or pick up the option on Jameis. I'd retain Monken. Id' fire George Fucking Warhop the second 00:00 hit the clock next week. I'd promote Buckner to DC, since his unit is the only one performing on that side of the field. Now here is where it turns to fantasy because the team is ran by the worst owners in football. Bring in a strong Director of Football Operations. EVERYTHING runs through him in terms of personnel. Koetter doesn't want to be involved in player personnel? Fine. That DoFO can build the right kind of team around the offense Koetter and Monken run, and fix the fucking defense based on input from Buckner. Fire Jason Licht as soon as the season ends. That guy has been a fucking joke as a GM.

The only way I change my mind about the above is that if by some crazy chance Jackass Harbaugh once to come down to this shitshow and have complete control of the football team. Then, and only then, will I change my mind about that............until tomorrow.

I don't know what happened in today's game which would have anyone move towards keeping Koetter unless you were thinking that way in the first place (which I was by the way).  The entire not calling a timeout with the play clock running down 3 times fiasco along with his answer post game should have him fired tonight and not after next week's game.

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I don't know what happened in today's game which would have anyone move towards keeping Koetter unless you were thinking that way in the first place (which I was by the way).  The entire not calling a timeout with the play clock running down 3 times fiasco along with his answer post game should have him fired tonight and not after next week's game.

I understand your point and he has had several moments like that and press conferences where his body language is just screaming to be out of here.

I am just tired of the fucking revolving door of fuckheads. And I will probably change my mind tomorrow and go with the scorched earth policy.

13 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Apparently he feels the oline played well. So it's more about senility than anything else. Dirk might need some medical attention.

Mike Tomlin is rumored to be coming available. I doubt it -- the Rooneys haven't fired a coach since they fired Bill Austin after the 1968 season.  Think about that. That's FIFTY YEARS. They haven't fired a coach since eight years before the cumsickle Bucs first took the field. Meanwhile the Glazertards have fired FIVE COACHES IN THE LAST TEN YEARS (assuming Koetter gets the axe a week from today). 

Yeah boy them Glazertards sure know how to pick 'em.  :facepalm 

Give me Tomlin any day.  If the Rooneys do fire Tomlin and the Glazers didn't hire him..............well why would I not be surprised. 

This is so fucked. SO FUCKED. 

So Succaneers.

Glazers Succaneer my cock. 

40 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I'll be shocked if Tomlin is let go.

My guess is Mike McCarthy at this point. He's had enough time to catch his breath and get feelers out to owners across the league. There also may not be many jobs opening up this off season so their choices will be limited if they want to coach this season.

McCarthy is the best possible option, IMO.  I think he'll put together a solid quality coaching staff.  Which means he'll probably go somewhere else.

55 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I'll be shocked if Tomlin is let go.

My guess is Mike McCarthy at this point. He's had enough time to catch his breath and get feelers out to owners across the league. There also may not be many jobs opening up this off season so their choices will be limited if they want to coach this season.

Rumors already have McCarthy linked to the Cardinals.

1 minute ago, tfree32 said:

Rumors already have McCarthy linked to the Cardinals.

Knowing the Glazers, their top four or five choices all go elsewhere or decline, so we're left with someone like this. 

Image result for crazy  homeless   guy  gif

Yes, this man knows how to light a fire under something. There's the missing qualification. 

38 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Knowing the Glazers, their top four or five choices all go elsewhere or decline, so we're left with someone like this. 

Image result for crazy  homeless   guy  gif

Yes, this man knows how to light a fire under something. There's the missing qualification. 

That's talent and balls right there. Definitely been missing.

Koetter's presser was awesome. He actually threw Winston under the bus for the delay penalties right after saying moving back 5 yards was OK because it opens up more route options.

You have to admit that's brilliant and he said it calmly. Other coaches might have gone off the handle and said it was unacceptable, making empty promises to have it corrected.

This has to be one of the characteristics the Glazers will point to when they say they've been behind him all the way.