Sign in to follow this  
Dunn_Deal28

Is this a misprint...

Derwin James in the pro bowl? And bringing up the rear with an eye popping 21 tackles and 2 sacks is Vita Vea.

Patiently waiting for the most informed to confirm that:

1. Derwin's overrated.

2. You don't draft a safety in the top 10 because there's minimal impact.

3. Vea's exactly what Gerald McCoy needed to finally reach double digit sacks.

4. Jordan Whitehead's just as good if not better than Derwin James.

DD -- if the Bucs with Mike Smith's stupid off coverage passive quarters scheme and the idiot Hoke coaching DBs , would have drafted Derwang, he would be labeled borderline bust right now.   He actually has players and a scheme around him that let him focus on doing his job. On the Bucs, everyone has been afraid that someone else would blow an assignment because they have never really known what the fuck they were supposed to do, until Fuddner has actually coached them of late  . 

Whitehead has played well -- he was also a 4th round pick.   On some other team Whitehead may be looking at ROTY type of performance. Not going to get that with the worst defense in history and one safety isn't changing that. No doubt Derwang had a good season, but you don't have the benefit of hindsight when drafting, and taking him at 7 would have been the wrong thing to do at the time. Licht played that part right and I still think Vea will be an excellent player (9 tackles against the Ravens). . It was the Ronald Jones and M J Stewart picks that really really sucked. 

And no it's not because I'm a Gator.  

9 minutes ago, Tundra said:

DD -- if the Bucs with Mike Smith's stupid off coverage passive quarters scheme and the idiot Hoke coaching DBs , would have drafted Derwang, he would be labeled borderline bust right now.   He actually has players and a scheme around him that let him focus on doing his job. On the Bucs, everyone has been afraid that someone else would blow an assignment because they have never really known what the fuck they were supposed to do, until Fuddner has actually coached them of late  . 

Whitehead has played well -- he was also a 4th round pick.   On some other team Whitehead may be looking at ROTY type of performance. Not going to get that with the worst defense in history and one safety isn't changing that. No doubt Derwang had a good season, but you don't have the benefit of hindsight when drafting, and taking him at 7 would have been the wrong thing to do at the time. Licht played that part right and I still think Vea will be an excellent player (9 tackles against the Ravens). . It was the Ronald Jones and M J Stewart picks that really really sucked. 

And no it's not because I'm a Gator.  

Yeah, I've thought that too. Tampa is the place where free agents and high draft picks go to die. I think with the right scheme and coaching staff, James will be a pro bowl talent for the next decade. That scheme and staff were never going to be found with the Bucs. But, it's still an absolute kick in the pants to watch an elite talent at DB when the Bucs haven't had one since John Lynch left. And, I get what you're saying about hindsight but the same can be said about every player and every draft pick. If James has an Ed Reed type of career, than taking him at #7 would've been warranted. If Licht wasn't able to see it, then it's part of the problem, IMHO. Vea's come on as of late, in fairness. But unless he's Haloti Ngata for the next decade, then the Bucs lost this one.

Just now, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Yeah, I've thought that too. Tampa is the place where free agents and high draft picks go to die. I think with the right scheme and coaching staff, James will be a pro bowl talent for the next decade. That scheme and staff were never going to be found with the Bucs. But, it's still an absolute kick in the pants to watch an elite talent at DB when the Bucs haven't had one since John Lynch left. And, I get what you're saying about hindsight but the same can be said about every player and every draft pick. If James has an Ed Reed type of career, than taking him at #7 would've been warranted. If Licht wasn't able to see it, then it's part of the problem, IMHO. Vea's come on as of late, in fairness. But unless he's Haloti Ngata for the next decade, then the Bucs lost this one.

It's what we get for being the masochists we are and cheering for this franchise that God and Tap Dancing Jesus hate. 

4 hours ago, tb_buc said:

I do know that Vea started to show once he fully recovered, snaps also helped. I think he’s fine.

Don't tell DD that. It will interrupt his lovefest for Derwangus.

Love ya like a brother DD, but Derwangus would be a bust in this god forsaken shitshow. I'm glad he's in SanDieOakCali Chargerland.