Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

What To Do With Winston?

What to do with Winston?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him, trade him, other?

• He’s the future of the franchise. Sign him to a big money long-term deal.
    • It’s too soon to dump him. Keep him around for next year. See how he does and then decide on the long-term deal.
    • He’s done here. Get what we can for him in trade and move on this offseason.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, Seafarer said:

Why wpould we get rid of a great QB again. It's the coaches. I've sais this over and over. Winston needs more time, the line sucks as well as the head coach. If for nothing else, not calling the time out

WInston is not, nor will ever be a 'great' QB.

I think the best we can get out of him is serviceable.  He is flat out terrible at long range connections, and to not have those throws in your arsenal keeps him away from the potential of 'great' IMO.

But there are flashes that he could be serviceable to good.  He needs someone to drill into his head that his arm isn't the world's best.  That NFL players are fast enough to make him look ordinary, and he needs to take the opportunities available and actually read the field rather than trusting his arm and forcing the ball where it will be at the greatest risk.

I think he's young enough to have potential, but the ceiling of that potential has come down markedly since he was drafted.  I don't think he'll ever be completely coached out of the boneheaded decisions he makes.  I think he's got a nearly child-like brain at times, and utterly fails to consistently exhibit lessons learned from prior seasons.  

4 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

No, but Jameis seems to have played well. And there are no reports of crab leg thefts or drunken Bucs players getting rapey with women.

Sounds like Jameis was 2 for 2 yesterday. That’s progress. 😁

Dude...I fucken hate Cam Newton at least  that much ...I know it's not Healthy...but it is what it is.....Your Hate for Jameis is crazy....I feel bad that your going to have to live with Jameis being THE BUCS Starting QB...

15 minutes ago, mathman said:

I don’t care enough to link it but I do care enough to mention it.  There is an espn article where Jason “the light still isn’t on “ Licht says that the new coach must accept Famous jamous as there QB.

I saw that too. Licht isn’t in a position to admit that both the head coach he hired (and just fired) and franchise QB he drafted with the #1 overall pick are both busts. Plus the Glazers are said to be big fans of Jameis. Between the multiple sexual assaults and multiple multiple turnover games, one wonders what it would take to convince them he’s not the answer. Maybe he needs to have a four turnover and two fumble game while spending halftime stealing some food from a kid in the stands and groping some woman at the souvenir stand.

But that would probably be written off by some as just youthful indiscretions. 

21 minutes ago, jobuc597 said:

Dude...I fucken hate Cam Newton at least  that much ...I know it's not Healthy...but it is what it is.....Your Hate for Jameis is crazy....I feel bad that your going to have to live with Jameis being THE BUCS Starting QB...

I don’t like rapists. I don’t enjoy watching really really stupid people play football poorly. I don’t like hearing those same folks try and fail to motivate their teammates with eating W’s or other similar bullshit. Winston manages to combine virtually every trait and character flaw I despise in one human being.

And thankfully, I care less and less about football all the time. It’s hard to root for a team that’s so poorly run. It’s hard to get behind a quarterback who is such a complete dumbfuck and piece of shit human being.

But hey...that’s just my opinion. GO BUCS! 😀

57 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

I don’t like rapists. I don’t enjoy watching really really stupid people play football poorly. I don’t like hearing those same folks try and fail to motivate their teammates with eating W’s or other similar bullshit. Winston manages to combine virtually every trait and character flaw I despise in one human being.

And thankfully, I care less and less about football all the time. It’s hard to root for a team that’s so poorly run. It’s hard to get behind a quarterback who is such a complete dumbfuck and piece of shit human being.

Exactly.  The Great Purge that ushered in the age of Youngry is the reason I gave up my season tickets and have not attended a Bucs game since. But the decision to draft a misogynistic piece of shit poseur is the reason I stopped rooting for the team altogether.   If he was merely a boor I could deal with it. If he was merely an axe murderer I could probably rationalize it. But as you said, every single aspect of his character repels me, and his play on the field has been strictly mediocre at best.  Although I do understand he played pretty well yesterday, which is great. Awesome to see the guy rise to the occasion against another team playing out the string. Too bad he didn't get to eat the W. 

Fucking fake-ass twatwaffle. 

2 hours ago, tfree32 said:

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

Exactly.  The Great Purge that ushered in the age of Youngry is the reason I gave up my season tickets and have not attended a Bucs game since. But the decision to draft a misogynistic piece of shit poseur is the reason I stopped rooting for the team altogether.   If he was merely a boor I could deal with it. If he was merely an axe murderer I could probably rationalize it. But as you said, every single aspect of his character repels me, and his play on the field has been strictly mediocre at best.  Although I do understand he played pretty well yesterday, which is great. Awesome to see the guy rise to the occasion against another team playing out the string. Too bad he didn't get to eat the W. 

Fucking fake-ass twatwaffle. 

So.....I don't want to defend Winstons Character....No... not me....fact is I can't...But he's here for his QB skills....and he's thrown a lot of puddin headed throws for interceptions that I fail to understand......But I do believe he's as good or better then this team has ever had.....Crab leg stealing  and some of that shit is kid stuff...Rape and crotch grabbing....he should be jailed for.....which makes me wonder why hasn't he been charged.....and why would this team pay him 21 million bucks if there is a chance that he would do that shit....I'm just not going to judge that guy....

1 hour ago, jobuc597 said:

Rape and crotch grabbing....he should be jailed for.....which makes me wonder why hasn't he been charged.....and why would this team pay him 21 million bucks if there is a chance that he would do that shit....I'm just not going to judge that guy....

I’m not here to defend his behavior, but if he wasn’t charged it’s because there wasn’t enough evidence that he committed a crime.  It’s that simple and it’s not like he hasn’t been investigated like crazy.   Even though the Uber thing feels recent, it was nearly three years ago now.  Jameis is married with a kid now, and he isn’t even 25 years old yet.  As far as we know he’s stayed completely out if trouble for two and a half years now.  It’s far from perfect, but he’s something between an innocent kid who’s become a magnet for false allegations, and a flat out rapist.

I hate that the only people who know for sure are the victims / accuses, but that’s where we are.  One thing I think we DO know is that Jameis is all out of strikes, and I bet he knows it too.  He’s on a prove it deal and I doubt any NFL team will sign him to another contract without clauses for his his behavior going forward.  

10 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I’m not here to defend his behavior, but if he wasn’t charged it’s because there wasn’t enough evidence that he committed a crime.  It’s that simple and it’s not like he hasn’t been investigated like crazy.   Even though the Uber thing feels recent, it was nearly three years ago now.  Jameis is married with a kid now, and he isn’t even 25 years old yet.  As far as we know he’s stayed completely out if trouble for two and a half years now.  It’s far from perfect, but he’s something between an innocent kid who’s become a magnet for false allegations, and a flat out rapist.

I hate that the only people who know for sure are the victims / accuses, but that’s where we are.  One thing I think we DO know is that Jameis is all out of strikes, and I bet he knows it too.  He’s on a prove it deal and I doubt any NFL team will sign him to another contract without clauses for his his behavior going forward.  

Right on, RMC.

I'm okay separating his play on the field with his off field behavior, but going 2.5 years without being publicly accused of sexual assault shouldn't be an accomplishment.  Didn't get convicted of sexual assault over the FSU incident in part because law enforcement did their best not to properly investigate it when it was fresh, cell phones were lost, and his star witness ended up fabricating an alibi for him over the Uber incident.  His other Uber witness is now serving time for sexual assault, but the Uber incident was pretty clear cut.  NFL penalized him, he apologized, then settlement.  I'm guessing she had video running.  Then that was like the 6th Winston incident.....rape (alleged), standing on the table yelling 'f her in the pussy', bbgun warfare in an apartment complex that would have landed him in jail if the team/boosters didn't simply pay off the apartment complex, stealing drinks from BK, stealing crab legs, sexually assaulting an uber driver, and then lying about who was in the car.  And this is all the crap we know about since football towns have a habit of covering things up.

And just to add.... his off the field behavior led to much of the mess we had at QB this season.

5 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

I'm okay separating his play on the field with his off field behavior, but going 2.5 years without being publicly accused of sexual assault shouldn't be an accomplishment.  Didn't get convicted of sexual assault over the FSU incident in part because law enforcement did their best not to properly investigate it when it was fresh, cell phones were lost, and his star witness ended up fabricating an alibi for him over the Uber incident.  His other Uber witness is now serving time for sexual assault, but the Uber incident was pretty clear cut.  NFL penalized him, he apologized, then settlement.  I'm guessing she had video running.  Then that was like the 6th Winston incident.....rape (alleged), standing on the table yelling 'f her in the pussy', bbgun warfare in an apartment complex that would have landed him in jail if the team/boosters didn't simply pay off the apartment complex, stealing drinks from BK, stealing crab legs, sexually assaulting an uber driver, and then lying about who was in the car.  And this is all the crap we know about since football towns have a habit of covering things up.

But he hasn't stuck a finger in an earhole in a long time either. Cut him some slack.

34 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Honestly, I've cut him plenty of slack.  I'm just not going to completely overlook quite a lot of bad behavior and poor decision making.

RMC Says he's 25 Married with a  kid now....That has to be the difference......I personally haven't done some of the things he's been accused of …….But before I was Married and had kids....I was a complete Fuck up...And I won't be completely overlooking his bad behavior....But some of us grow up....and we don't let ourselves get into compromising situations....If he wants to lead a team he has no choice but to keep his nose clean.....I'm hoping he dose....

19 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I hate that the only people who know for sure are the victims / accuses, but that’s where we are.  One thing I think we DO know is that Jameis is all out of strikes, and I bet he knows it too.  He’s on a prove it deal and I doubt any NFL team will sign him to another contract without clauses for his behavior going forward.  

As Bonzai pointed out, there are a lot of probable reasons that the evidence of his misconduct has been made to disappear. Boosters with money are willing to spend some to keep him eligible. Local authorities and law enforcement are willing to look the other way to keep him playing. Sexual assault is generally a situation with only two people who know what happened, making it difficult to prove. If alcohol or drugs are involved and memories are foggy, it’s even tougher. And in Winston’s case, he’s had scumbag friends willing to lie for him, which complicates things.

In the Klinsmann case, neither the Tallahassee police nor the Florida Attorney General’s office could manage to locate the cab driver. Yet Klinsmann’s legal team was able to. That’s completely inexplicable to me. It strongly indicates that law enforcement agencies weren’t trying very hard to find him and likely didn’t want to. Hard to prosecute a case you’ve decided you don’t want to. 

The burden of proof necessary to charge someone with sexual assault is very high. Prosecutors have to believe they can prove their charges beyond a reasonable doubt. If it happened in Tallahassee, that means convincing 12 people, many likely FSU homers, that their star QB is a rapist. The simple truth is that may be impossible in a college town.

The burden of proof necessary to decide someone is a certain scumbag and probable rapist is far far lower. Winston’s history of sexual misconduct and general douchebaggery certainly qualifies.

5 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

We'll know exactly what the rest of the league thinks of Winston based on the caliber of head coach that takes the job. If it's Bruce Arians, people can eat some crow. It it's a retread like Caldwell or a wildcard such as a college coach then perhaps Licht's comments scared candidates off.

how'd Nebraska do in its bowl game I haven't seen any scores

I am not going to set here and say Winston is not a freaking idiot because we was. I will say you put a kid in the spot light like he was especially a guy who came from nothing he thought he was king of the world. I question if he would had taken Stanford over FSU if he’d have these issues. Like someone said he’s married with a kid and has seem to be clean for the last couple of years. I can tell you from personal experience from 23 years in the Navy I have seen people change. Men or woman who were young and did totally stupid things (some total alcoholics) totally figure out and have successful careers. If the next coach who comes in and keep him playing like he did this last few games and add a defense he could actually lead this team to 10 win season. Again he is still a young guy who was basically told you’re going to save this franchise they forgot to add you have to do it without a kicker or a defense to slow anybody down.