Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Please resign Hump

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I assum DJax is a goner next year. I’m also not sure if they keep Brate.

But whatever they do, please keep Hump. All that guy does is get opened and make plays. 

I assume they could probably lock him up with a relatively cap friendly 2-3 year deal. 

Yes to keeping the Humpster. 

Hump me. 

Brate hasn't played well this season. Not sure what's the deal. Maybe its nagging injuries or something, but he's not the same player he was in 2016 or 2017. IIRC, his deal is somewhat cap friendly in that he can be cut without having too much dead space. Not sure how soon that applies to his deal. He might have to be kept around in 2019. But either way, he's not long for Tampa especially if Howard continues to get better.

Brate: Brate can actually be cut with nothing further due him but my guess is the Bucs will attempt to trade him. He's never been an inline TE of any value since he can't block all that well. His best asset has been that he's an effective flex TE who's good in the red zone. He's had a couple of drops this year which have hurt but he's been hurt a bit by the fact that Fitzpatrick was the QB for quite a bit and Fitz, for whatever reason, doesn't rely on Brate as much as Winston (similar to Nick O'Leary at FSU). OJ Howard's emergence as an effective two way TE has also cut down on the opportunities for Brate as well as incorporating Chris Godwin more into the offense. With Howard out, the Bucs have been using Auclair and Cross or an OLman as T-eligible recently. In addition, the Bucs have a Brate clone on the PS in Tanner Hudson who played in the pre-season who appears to have good hands, a bit of speed but is not an inline guy.

Hump: The Bucs should have the cap room to pay him but the problem will rest more with what Hump can get on the open market with teams who may view him as a #2 receiver. On the Bucs he's a clear 3rd option. For some teams who like to use the little guys in the middle of the field more (eg....the Pats) he may be viewed more as a #2 guy. Jackson won't be back nor will Brate (probably). That's about $18mil in savings. If Hump's willing to sign for $6mil per he's probably a done deal. If he gets an offer for more than that, then Hump will be playing somewhere else.

7 minutes ago, BFFL said:

Hump will be a big target for some like New England he fits their style of play. 

Fortunately, they do not like to pay top dollar unless it is one year like Revis. I am worried about teams with no one at WR and plenty of cap space. Those are the teams that will over pay.

1 hour ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

Brate: Brate can actually be cut with nothing further due him but my guess is the Bucs will attempt to trade him. He's never been an inline TE of any value since he can't block all that well. His best asset has been that he's an effective flex TE who's good in the red zone. He's had a couple of drops this year which have hurt but he's been hurt a bit by the fact that Fitzpatrick was the QB for quite a bit and Fitz, for whatever reason, doesn't rely on Brate as much as Winston (similar to Nick O'Leary at FSU). OJ Howard's emergence as an effective two way TE has also cut down on the opportunities for Brate as well as incorporating Chris Godwin more into the offense. With Howard out, the Bucs have been using Auclair and Cross or an OLman as T-eligible recently. In addition, the Bucs have a Brate clone on the PS in Tanner Hudson who played in the pre-season who appears to have good hands, a bit of speed but is not an inline guy.

Hump: The Bucs should have the cap room to pay him but the problem will rest more with what Hump can get on the open market with teams who may view him as a #2 receiver. On the Bucs he's a clear 3rd option. For some teams who like to use the little guys in the middle of the field more (eg....the Pats) he may be viewed more as a #2 guy. Jackson won't be back nor will Brate (probably). That's about $18mil in savings. If Hump's willing to sign for $6mil per he's probably a done deal. If he gets an offer for more than that, then Hump will be playing somewhere else.

I think he’s strictly a slot guy and a number  3, but if a team is willing to overpay, then maybe the Bucs move on. That would really suck because the guy is as consistent as they come.

I'd absolutely love to see Adam kept on - besides being effective and versatile, he's truly one of the good guys.  Unaffected, team-oriented and devoted to his craft.  But I sincerely believe someone will pay him more than the Bucs are willing to part with.  I suspect that was on folks minds on draft day when Justin Watson was picked.  Also, remember that Watson was a hand-picked favorite of WRs coach Fulton.  In the unlikely event that this staff is retained, Fulton would pound the table for Watson.