Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dunn_Deal28

Dear Donovan Smith...

Recommended Posts

, This thread is gold. So now it comes down to, taking a risk on Dungovan, maybe on a one year deal like franchise tag, let Gilbert, Goodwin, and Arians  beat the living fuck out of him,  and see what happens. Or maybe, the same three will look at the film and say, "Jesus Christ what a lazy mail-it-in oaf. Fuck this guy, a fat mutt could do a better job."  

We shall find out shortly. Meanwhile, I have my eye on Bellychump and Trent Brown, he who let no one from the Chefs touch his quarterback.  I heard the Chefs had a special DL so this must be an accomplishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tundra said:

, This thread is gold. So now it comes down to, taking a risk on Dungovan, maybe on a one year deal like franchise tag, let Gilbert, Goodwin, and Arians  beat the living fuck out of him,  and see what happens. Or maybe, the same three will look at the film and say, "Jesus Christ what a lazy mail-it-in oaf. Fuck this guy, a fat mutt could do a better job."  

We shall find out shortly. Meanwhile, I have my eye on Bellychump and Trent Brown, he who let no one from the Chefs touch his quarterback.  I heard the Chefs had a special DL so this must be an accomplishment. 

The old trap of “Brady was clean, their oline must be great.”

Nate Solder was an average OT that Brady and the play calling made look good. Same ole same old this year.

Dee Ford, Justin Houston, Chris Jones..yeah those guys suck :boobs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

The old trap of “Brady was clean, their oline must be great.”

Nate Solder was an average OT that Brady and the play calling made look good. Same ole same old this year.

Dee Ford, Justin Houston, Chris Jones..yeah those guys suck :boobs:

I didn't say they suck, dick.  Although Dee Ford cost his team the fucking game, so he can be called a moron. He has admitted that. 

Mankins came from the Patriots. He turned out pretty fucking good, in fact, the OL hasn't been the same since he retired.  I'm not talking about Solder, I'm talking about Trent Brown. Dick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tundra said:

I didn't say they suck, dick.  Although Dee Ford cost his team the fucking game, so he can be called a moron. He has admitted that. 

Mankins came from the Patriots. He turned out pretty fucking good, in fact, the OL hasn't been the same since he retired.  I'm not talking about Solder, I'm talking about Trent Brown. Dick.

I know who you’re talking about T.

Last year the big name OT everyone wanted was Solder. He signed a big money contract to play for the Giants and was exposed as a very average OT. 

My point is that a smart QB who gets rid of the ball and play calling that doesn’t call for the QB to hold onto the ball and a team that is rarely playing from behind, all help to make a average oline look much better. Add good coaching coaching as well.

People who go to PFF (not saying you before you call me a dick again) to look at “rankings” of OT, should realize you can grade them all in a vaccum. 

Heres an interesting and telling quote from an article:

”Bruce Arians coached offensive lines will rarely see high success in things like Pro Football Focus grades because of the stress that is put on them in his deep passing game.”

The same can be said for Dirk’s scheme. Add in always playing from behind and there isn’t an OT in football that will not give up sacks in that scenario. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I know who you’re talking about T.

Last year the big name OT everyone wanted was Solder. He signed a big money contract to play for the Giants and was exposed as a very average OT. 

My point is that a smart QB who gets rid of the ball and play calling that doesn’t call for the QB to hold onto the ball and a team that is rarely playing from behind, all help to make a average oline look much better. Add good coaching coaching as well.

People who go to PFF (not saying you before you call me a dick again) to look at “rankings” of OT, should realize you can grade them all in a vaccum. 

Heres an interesting and telling quote from an article:

”Bruce Arians coached offensive lines will rarely see high success in things like Pro Football Focus grades because of the stress that is put on them in his deep passing game.”

The same can be said for Dirk’s scheme. Add in always playing from behind and there isn’t an OT in football that will not give up sacks in that scenario. 

 

 

Um..so you're saying Jameis causes Donovan Smith to look bad. 

:facepalm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, Tundra said:

Um..so you're saying Jameis causes Donovan Smith to look bad. 

:facepalm

 

I’m saying QBs who understand how to avoid sacks (Brady, Brees, Manning) can make an average oline look better. 

As well as a game plan that calls for quick passes, screens, etc.

Not everything is an indictment of Winston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I’m saying QBs who understand how to avoid sacks (Brady, Brees, Manning) can make an average oline look better. 

As well as a game plan that calls for quick passes, screens, etc.

Not everything is an indictment of Winston. 

True in the passing game. But they still need to be able to support some sort of feasible run game when they need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

True in the passing game. But they still need to be able to support some sort of feasible run game when they need to.

No question 63.

And it starts with not having to play from behind every game. 

There were games last year where Barber looked like he was going to have a big day after the first couple drives. Then you look up and it’s the 2nd half and we’re down 2 scores or more. 

Also, there was no creativity to their running attack. With Arians and Goodwin,  I expect the rushing plays to look different than what we saw the last few years.

I understand the most informed just say “the oline fucking sucks!”. But there are many working parts to a good running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

No question 63.

And it starts with not having to play from behind every game. 

There were games last year where Barber looked like he was going to have a big day after the first couple drives. Then you look up and it’s the 2nd half and we’re down 2 scores or more. 

Also, there was no creativity to their running attack. With Arians and Goodwin,  I expect the rushing plays to look different than what we saw the last few years.

I understand the most informed just say “the oline fucking sucks!”. But there are many working parts to a good running game.

I remember a game where they had over 400 yards and looked up at the end to see 3 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bucs63 said:

I remember a game where they had over 400 yards and looked up at the end to see 3 points.

Over 500 actually. :facepalm

And I swear one of the big oafs tips the runs. Has anyone seen more contact behind the LOS right when the RB gets the ball? Poor Barber starts too many runs two yards behind the LOS wii a big ass defender molesting his  junk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×