Sign in to follow this  
Dunn_Deal28

Dear Donovan Smith...

1 minute ago, fanofdabucs said:

You continue to prove just how clueless you are. 

All due respect, fanof, Smith hasn’t played very well and it’s not just because Benecock is to his right. It’s a contributor, but not the only reason.

Smith is probably better than anyone else we have at Tackle, but the O-Line could use upgrades all over the place.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

He’s better than any other option we have, but if we could upgrade the position (and I’m not sure they could), I would be in favor of it.

You are 100% right about the worst Guard in the NFL. That is more maddening to me than anything anyone else is doing on the line.

7 hours ago, SamuraiBuc said:

All due respect, fanof, Smith hasn’t played very well and it’s not just because Benecock is to his right. It’s a contributor, but not the only reason.

Smith is probably better than anyone else we have at Tackle, but the O-Line could use upgrades all over the place.

Benenoch is to Smith's right but he's two players further over. Marpet is next to Smith. If the Bucs can come up with a starting caliber LT somehow, Smith probably should be moved to either OG or RT. Dotson's the OT that's really the bigger issue. I'm not sure where Smith's contract comes into all of this either.

1 hour ago, rook said:

Dotson was inactive to injury today. Wester took his place. Dotson is getting up there in age. I will have to see the the film on all players to judge how well he did.

Liedtke was a tackle eligible on the TD that Barber did not fumble away.

One other thing that's hurt this year is that Jensen hasn't played all that well. Hard to run the ball when two of the 3 guys in the middle are not getting it done.

9 hours ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

Benenoch is to Smith's right but he's two players further over. Marpet is next to Smith. If the Bucs can come up with a starting caliber LT somehow, Smith probably should be moved to either OG or RT. Dotson's the OT that's really the bigger issue. I'm not sure where Smith's contract comes into all of this either.

Can't see him taking RT or OG money. Some team will be stupid enough to pay him LT money only to regret it next year at this time. Hopefully that team isn't the Bucs. 

Donovan Smith looked like a fat fucking oaf yesterday. He plays inconsistently and from the look of it, didn't want to be out there much of the time.  

Fire Warhoppingfuck. Now.  I want to see what a new OL coach could do with this group before spraying them with the death ray. 

Smith is fine. They need a RG and a young RT to take over for Dotson.

Go back and watch every game this year. The Bucs threw the ball more than any other team, and Smith blocked well for a good majority of those games. 

He got beat yesterday and had a bad holding penalty called on him. 

I watched the Titans vaunted oline get abused yesterday. Including top LT Lewan and former number one pick Cocklin was getting beat almost every other snap in pass pro.

Smith is a solid LT, regardless of what some in here may think. He will get a nice contract and be a stead player for a long time here. 

Funny how the same fans who forgive Winston for doing any wrong and say “he’s still young”, yet they bash Smith when he has one bad game.

Hopefully the people you know football will make the right call on re-signing Smith. 

4 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Color me skeptical, but I'm hard pressed to think Benenoch or anyone else had something to do with Efe Obada beating him like a rented mule.

E F E 

O B A DA

But, yeah. Let's play Smith like a top 5 LT. 

Please break down the multiple plays were Smith was getting beat “like a rented mule”.

Hyperbole bullspit at its finest.