Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluebear

First NFL game on Sunday. Pre game and Parking?

Hello, 

5 of us from Scotland visiting the Raymond James on Sunday. Just looking for some info. 

Where can we park and when should we plan to arrive? 

Are "tourists" generally welcome at the tailgate and the stadium in general? We are sitting in the gods.

First NFL game any of us have been at, but all really looking forward to it, so hoping its a good game. Bucs have been in some crackers this season.

Any help or other useful information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Bigbluebear said:

Hello, 

5 of us from Scotland visiting the Raymond James on Sunday. Just looking for some info. 

Where can we park and when should we plan to arrive? 

Are "tourists" generally welcome at the tailgate and the stadium in general? We are sitting in the gods.

First NFL game any of us have been at, but all really looking forward to it, so hoping its a good game. Bucs have been in some crackers this season.

Any help or other useful information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Forgive the wankers that inhabit this board. Look for parking on the East side of the stadium, on or South of Tampa Bay Blvd., there are many homes that sell parking in their yards at reasonable rates.

I usually used the Himes exit and get a street near the stadium as possible. With a 4-7 record, it should be $10 for parking. When you leave you can get to 275 easier on the side streets rather than Himes directly.

If you want to be cheap and fit, you can park at Walmart or Best Buy parking lots. It is a long walk but it is free. It is 30 to 35 minute walk for a 60 year old guy like me.

When it is 90 to 100 degrees out, I park closer. Heat stroke and smelling like a goat is not a good fitness concept.

When it is colder and brisk, I walked from the Walmart.

16 minutes ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

Jesuit High School. May pay more than rook but it's reliable. On the way to the Stadium, cross Himes and walk through Al Lopez Park. Plenty of tailgaters there. Tell them you're from Scotland and a Bucs fan and they'll treat you like gold.

GameDayPhoto.gif?max_height=657&max_widt

I used the Jesuit High School for parking during the playoff game against Washington in 1999/2000 season. It is not a bad choice either and the money does help the school.