Sign in to follow this  
rook

OMG, the Titans ran Luke Stocker on 4th and 1

7 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Not that I'm watching, but it was not just a bad call but the Titans OL is no match against the Houston front 7. Stocker blocker didn't have much chance on that one.

The Bucs tied the game against Atlanta on a 4th and 1 on Christmas Eve in 2005 by running Cadillac Williams from the 5. It would have been like  Gruden saying lets give Anthony Becht a shot.

No but Luke Stocker never carried the ball in his life.  Anyone remember him being a run after catch TE guy. He was a TD vulture guy and a very poor one. 

I think Mariota running around the end with a Deon Lewis as a pitch option as well as a pass beats the hell out of Luke Stocker running the football

I was not. How can you go 22/23 and score only 17 points?. It is about as bad as the Bucs putting up 501 yards and scoring 3 points. Before the NFL rules changed, it would have been a great game. Phillip Rivers put up over 45  going 28/29. That is only 6 more passes. Rivers is accurate but unlike Mariota the football game does not feel like it is played on an Arena football field

His passes has to go further than 10 yards. It is today's NFL. Anytime they got a holding penalty or a sack, they are like a running team who have little hope in making a first down.He did not play poorly but at some point his passes has to stretch the field.

6 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Not to mention, seeing him on the field, let alone in the backfield is a dead give away that a run play is coming.

Stocker has amassed 11 catches on the season so far. He's averaged about 10 yards per and has been in the endzone.

I guess the Titans have figured out how to use him.😋

50 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Stocker has amassed 11 catches on the season so far. He's averaged about 10 yards per and has been in the endzone.

I guess the Titans have figured out how to use him.😋

I saw his great one yard TD with the Titans. It was like the one yard TD he caught from Freeman in 2012, 3 yard TD from Winston in 2015 and his 8 yard TD from Fitzmagic in 2017.

He is not as good as Brate or Howard but he was better than Erik Lorig, Drafted way too high as a 4th rounder. Maybe Richard Sherman given our struggles at covering WRs would have been a better pick.

We were assured that Storchey was a great in line blocker. Like Michael Clayton, who should have been converted to Tight End for chrissakes.  

Now we have OJ Howard, who catches like a WR and blocks like an OG. And Brate, and if we really want blocking we have Au Clair and Cross. 

1 minute ago, rook said:

I saw his great one yard TD with the Titans. It was like the one yard TD he caught from Freeman in 2012, 3 yard TD from Winston in 2015 and his 8 yard TD from Fitzmagic in 2017.

He is not as good as Brate or Howard but he was better than Erik Lorig, Drafted way too high as a 4th rounder.

Probably because Lorig, the Hebrew Hammer, was a DE when he was drafted.

The trade up for Stocker was a real dandy of a deal. He had a 7 year career with the Bucs. Who can top that?