Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rook

Jaboo is back as starter against the Niners

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rook said:

No issue at this point. He has 6 games to prove himself.

This is precisely the reason he will start the rest of the season....it is a business decision...to see if they will keep him for that fatdick option year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One could make the same business decision argument for benching him (to avoid the injury penalty).

I just have to ask...does anyone actually give a shit who starts as our QB next week?  For me, Winston, Fitz, Our 3rd String QB, Kaepernick, Millanovick, or even our kicker.  I no longer give a fuck who they start this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koetter's a fuck.

Winston absolutely needed to sit against the Bengals. But, he should have started against Carolina. The team was 3-4. The defense was still a sieve. They're playing in a division with two playoff teams, and a third (Atlanta) that's still significantly better than the Bucs. The writing was on the wall. Fitzpatrick had 2.5 games where he played out of his mind. But if you look beyond that, you'll see almost ten years of mediocre football with disastrous turnovers at the worst possible moment. Do we need to think back to his epic six interception game in Kansas City in 2015? Or what about that fourth quarter in Buffalo that same season? Even if you think Winston and Fitzpatrick are the 'same' guy in terms of being hot / cold, turnover prone, etc., you don't hand the ball to a 36 year old journeyman over a 24 year old QB that still might have a long future in the league.

Dirk screwed the pooch. And I can't wait for his ass to get fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Koetter's a fuck.

Winston absolutely needed to sit against the Bengals. But, he should have started against Carolina. The team was 3-4. The defense was still a sieve. They're playing in a division with two playoff teams, and a third (Atlanta) that's still significantly better than the Bucs. The writing was on the wall. Fitzpatrick had 2.5 games where he played out of his mind. But if you look beyond that, you'll see almost ten years of mediocre football with disastrous turnovers at the worst possible moment. Do we need to think back to his epic six interception game in Kansas City in 2015? Or what about that fourth quarter in Buffalo that same season? Even if you think Winston and Fitzpatrick are the 'same' guy in terms of being hot / cold, turnover prone, etc., you don't hand the ball to a 36 year old journeyman over a 24 year old QB that still might have a long future in the league.

Dirk screwed the pooch. And I can't wait for his ass to get fired.

I agree with much of what you said ….except ...i'm not a fan a getting rid of Koetter....only cause it's a statement saying ..Another rebuild....I'm not sure I have that much time.....But I know it needs doing....Koeter is toast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to say that this offense is very talented....we could use some O-line tweaks …..But.....Our defense is atrocious...if we has an average defense our offense wouldn't feel like they have to win …......specifically Mr. Oh i'm sorry I accidently grabbed your pussy...this team would score points and win most the games theve played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jobuc597 said:

I agree with much of what you said ….except ...i'm not a fan a getting rid of Koetter....only cause it's a statement saying ..Another rebuild....I'm not sure I have that much time.....But I know it needs doing....Koeter is toast...

I thought we should keep him until I watched his press conferences.. Its like he is dazed and confused he might be a good OC but he isn't cut out to be an HC...He kept Smith wayyyyyyyyy too long his bouncing back and forth with Fitz and Winston its just obvious he's clueless..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

I thought we should keep him until I watched his press conferences.. Its like he is dazed and confused he might be a good OC but he isn't cut out to be an HC...He kept Smith wayyyyyyyyy too long his bouncing back and forth with Fitz and Winston its just obvious he's clueless..

NNUD28 The dude needs to go.....I'm being selfish cause I want to root for a team with winning DNA...Koetter is what... our fourth rebuild since Gruden.....I don't know that I have that much patience anymore....We dumped Gruden when we were what ? 9-7....Raheemy had a 10-6 season and we were yungry...and we had the easiest schedule.....we were slightly better then sucky.....and now we suck and we're are embarrassing …...

And through all this bullshit....except for a putrid defense...we aren't that bad...If the QB's on this team didn't feel like they have to put up 60 plus points to stay ahead...maybe they wouldn't be tossing all the INT's …...One thing I will say about Koetter....at least he's not stubborn enough to keep everything the same ...he will make a change Lovie and Shiano...never.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the most talented group of receivers and tight ends that Winston will ever play with as a Buccaneer. Despite Winston’s suspension and the benching, this team has the most passing yards in the league so far this year. And they are doing it at a record pace. Unfortunately, the  running game has been okay at best, outside of a couple of games. And the defense sucks balls.

As I see it, this isn’t at all like the Rams situation where Jeff Fisher was replaced with a competent playcaller and a switch suddenly went off and a previously terrible offense became amazing.  The Bucs offense has moved the ball just fine this year between the 20’s. But the quarterbacks turn over the ball too much. Not to mention to the Bucs defense doesn’t create any turnovers.

 So, enjoy it while it lasts. Starting next year, I’m guessing guys will get cut or leave due to free agency. And, when the dreaded injury bug hits, there won’t be the depth at either position to fill the gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SundayTicket said:

This is the most talented group of receivers and tight ends that Winston will ever play with as a Buccaneer. Despite Winston’s suspension and the benching, this team has the most passing yards in the league so far this year. And they are doing it at a record pace. Unfortunately, the  running game has been okay at best, outside of a couple of games. And the defense sucks balls.

As I see it, this isn’t at all like the Rams situation where Jeff Fisher was replaced with a competent playcaller and a switch suddenly went off and a previously terrible offense became amazing.  The Bucs offense has moved the ball just fine this year between the 20’s. But the quarterbacks turn over the ball too much. Not to mention to the Bucs defense doesn’t create any turnovers.

 So, enjoy it while it lasts. Starting next year, I’m guessing guys will get cut or leave due to free agency. And, when the dreaded injury bug hits, there won’t be the depth at either position to fill the gap.

That is the biggest indictment on Licht. Still doesn't have an offensive line that can consistently win the LOS and still no running game when it matters. Won't even mention the defense because there's not enough time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 7:34 AM, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Koetter's a fuck.

Winston absolutely needed to sit against the Bengals. But, he should have started against Carolina. The team was 3-4. The defense was still a sieve. They're playing in a division with two playoff teams, and a third (Atlanta) that's still significantly better than the Bucs. The writing was on the wall. Fitzpatrick had 2.5 games where he played out of his mind. But if you look beyond that, you'll see almost ten years of mediocre football with disastrous turnovers at the worst possible moment. Do we need to think back to his epic six interception game in Kansas City in 2015? Or what about that fourth quarter in Buffalo that same season? Even if you think Winston and Fitzpatrick are the 'same' guy in terms of being hot / cold, turnover prone, etc., you don't hand the ball to a 36 year old journeyman over a 24 year old QB that still might have a long future in the league.

Dirk screwed the pooch. And I can't wait for his ass to get fired.

Dirk should’ve brought Freeman in and given him a shot also, I’m still not sold him sucking yet. He might still have a long future in this league. 

Jaboo sucking is now all Dirk’s fault. 

:whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×