Sign in to follow this  
Dunn_Deal28

Desean Jackson...

9 minutes ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

Interesting considering he quit on that last play and spends more time critiquing the QB situation than he does his own play.

Thanks for the two good games.

Enjoy playing for a new team in 2019.

I looked at the last play again and if he runs his route properly he's got a good shot at the ball. He could have cut right in front of the guy who made the pick and is the same size as Jackson. Of course, that all would have required a full effort and a willingness to take some contact.

5 minutes ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

I looked at the last play again and if he runs his route properly he's got a good shot at the ball. He could have cut right in front of the guy who made the pick and is the same size as Jackson. Of course, that all would have required a full effort and a willingness to take some contact.

Yep. So tired of this clown. Had more to say than anyone about the QB situation and went so far as to call Winston out on social media. You go down that road, better make sure your play on the field is perfect or at the least 150% effort. It's neither with him.

8 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Begs the question...how many Jackson's do we have on this team?  I'm tired of blaming the coaches when week in and week out, the coaches put them in a position to win.  Shitty play and choking for the loss.

A large part of the job of head coach is getting the players to play like a team.

Koetter is not great at it.

8 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Begs the question...how many Jackson's do we have on this team?  I'm tired of blaming the coaches when week in and week out, the coaches put them in a position to win.  Shitty play and choking for the loss.

There's quite a few, unfortunately. 

Licht's clueless. And Koetter's just as bad. Find square pegs for round holes and drop them in a losing culture with an asshole for a head coach. Seems like the way to winning football.

1 hour ago, rook said:

Hump should be a keeper unless a team with bad WRs makes him a big offer. I do not think he would excel as a 1 or 2 WR but he is perfect as a third WR.

In today's NFL. it is a starter's position.

I'm hoping he's kept as well but he's URFA so it's really in his hands. As with all of the roster, it will very depend on the next crew in making decisions.

20 hours ago, rook said:

Adam Humphrey broke up a couple of poor Jameis throws and prevented picks. I can not say the same for Desean.

The second time Hump broke up the interception - he really should've caught the ball in the first place. But, point taken. That dude plays hard all the time. Not so much for Jackson.

1 hour ago, Dunn_Deal28 said:

The second time Hump broke up the interception - he really should've caught the ball in the first place. But, point taken. That dude plays hard all the time. Not so much for Jackson.

It was a tough catch. Ball hit him in the back shoulder as he was moving across. Would have been safer had the ball completely missed him. As it was, the ball was bouncing all over the place.

10 minutes ago, Pass the Fentanyl said:

It was a tough catch. Ball hit him in the back shoulder as he was moving across. Would have been safer had the ball completely missed him. As it was, the ball was bouncing all over the place.

Yep. Hopefully Hump's back. If they're looking for 'speed' to replace Jackson, I suppose Bobo could get a look but maybe the new regime won't want him.

12 hours ago, Justafan said:

A large part of the job of head coach is getting the players to play like a team.

Koetter is not great at it.

But it is hard for a coach to fully set the tone when the players have learned that the coach gets replaced when they quit.  I'm not saying the coach shouldn't be blamed, but I think we've got some deeper institutional problems here.

3 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

But it is hard for a coach to fully set the tone when the players have learned that the coach gets replaced when they quit.  I'm not saying the coach shouldn't be blamed, but I think we've got some deeper institutional problems here.

The biggest one being that Koetter is a negative pessimistic douche.