Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

Todd Monken Bitches

He’s the real deal. He can coach, teach and develop players. When he calls the plays the team scores points. Lots of points. He wouldn’t tolerate such a non performing defense or kicker for that long and has a process that works.

Fire Koetter NOW and promote Monken. Or in January when he gets a great pick in the draft. 

1 hour ago, Chas said:

Tundra

Who is going to be next week?

You! You know what needs to be done, get your AK 47 and go in there and do what is necessary! 

1 hour ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

So who is our DC going to be?  Admittedly, scoring points wasn't a problem until our defense showed up a little.  This team has some serious heart/chemistry problems.

Del Rio knows defense. But I doubt he’s coming back to the NFL especially as a DC for his failed protege’s team. 

I might trust Buck with a disciplined practice regime which must come from the head coach. But otherwise.... fuck even the Ravens and Rams have been shredded this year like they’re the Bucs so fuck if I know. Maybe this is where a good college DC can help since that’s what the NFL is now anyway. 

12 hours ago, Tundra said:

He’s the real deal. He can coach, teach and develop players. When he calls the plays the team scores points. Lots of points. He wouldn’t tolerate such a non performing defense or kicker for that long and has a process that works.

Fire Koetter NOW and promote Monken. Or in January when he gets a great pick in the draft. 

We shall see. Thinking that the Glazers are going to napalm this son of a bitch and we'll totally start from scratch. 

One thing they've shown is that they like to go in a complete opposite direction when hiring / firing coaches.

Went from a proven head coach with a Super Bowl title to an unproven position coach (Gruden to Morris).

Went from a laid back undisciplined coach to a drill sergeant that wanted toes on the line (Morris to Schiano).

Went from former college coach to long-tenured NFL coach (Schiano to Lovie).

Went from 'defensive' minded coach to an offensive coordinator (Lovie to Koetter).

Monken, in a lot of ways, is just a repeat of Koetter. If you follow the tea leaves, Jack Del Rio makes sense not because he's necessarily the right hire but because he's a complete 180 from Koetter. And that's what the Three Stooges like to do.

Monken is totally different than Koetter. Monken is a bad ass, Koetter is a soft intellectual who would do well in a big corporation. 

Monken can teach and develop players. Since the NFL is about offense now, you have the best offense you've ever had, you're not going to do better than that and MOnken knows how to score points unlike Koetter. Monken says "we chose to suck" in the red zone. I would like to see Monken design and run practices with full control, get soft fuck Koetter out of his way and see what he can do. 

6 hours ago, Tundra said:

Monken is totally different than Koetter. Monken is a bad ass, Koetter is a soft intellectual who would do well in a big corporation. 

Monken can teach and develop players. Since the NFL is about offense now, you have the best offense you've ever had, you're not going to do better than that and MOnken knows how to score points unlike Koetter. Monken says "we chose to suck" in the red zone. I would like to see Monken design and run practices with full control, get soft fuck Koetter out of his way and see what he can do. 

I'm not sure the whole bad ass thingy and Dirk is too soft really makes much sense.

I think the best young coach in football is Sean McVay. McVay is taking a completely new and different approach to the old school Parcell's and Coughlin type coaching, ie badass way.

What McVay has done is not play his starters at all in the preseason, have practices that are mostly in shells and no tackling, and basically run the "Softest" camps and in season practices ever. It's an approach that lures in free agents and it works for him.

Perhaps it catches up in December and in the playoffs...but so far so good.

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

I'm not sure the whole bad ass thingy and Dirk is too soft really makes much sense.

I think the best young coach in football is Sean McVay. McVay is taking a completely new and different approach to the old school Parcell's and Coughlin type coaching, ie badass way.

What McVay has done is not play his starters at all in the preseason, have practices that are mostly in shells and no tackling, and basically run the "Softest" camps and in season practices ever. It's an approach that lures in free agents and it works for him.

Perhaps it catches up in December and in the playoffs...but so far so good.

Monken isn't a Lombardi type, he's not a "yeller." He is a badass because he is so real, detailed, can see clearly, can teach clearly, and can develop players on that basis.  I don't think MOnken is too far removed from the McVay model, actually. 

I'm sold on Monken. Get Klutter the fuck out of the way. It sure looks like the players have lost respect for him. 

10 hours ago, Tundra said:

Monken isn't a Lombardi type, he's not a "yeller." He is a badass because he is so real, detailed, can see clearly, can teach clearly, and can develop players on that basis.  I don't think MOnken is too far removed from the McVay model, actually. 

I'm sold on Monken. Get Klutter the fuck out of the way. It sure looks like the players have lost respect for him. 

I’ll disagree again. 

Monken has had his hands on Winston for 2 years and I haven’t seen much development. Perhaps it’s just the player and not the coach. To your point he has done well with Evans, Hump and Godwin. 

As far as the players losing respect for Dirk, not a chance. I’ve watched this cluster cluster fuck of cos he’s roll through here since Chuck left and every single one of them had the team or portions of the team quit on them. The one thing about this year and with Dirk is that no one has quit. The effort has been there. They’ve fought back in games they had no business coming back from. Most of the team has come out and said Dirk is their guy.

Dirk is the head coach in charge and for that he has to take the fall for this shit show. But these team hasn’t lost because of lack of effort or guys quitting. 

23 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I’ll disagree again. 

Monken has had his hands on Winston for 2 years and I haven’t seen much development. Perhaps it’s just the player and not the coach. To your point he has done well with Evans, Hump and Godwin. 

As far as the players losing respect for Dirk, not a chance. I’ve watched this cluster cluster fuck of cos he’s roll through here since Chuck left and every single one of them had the team or portions of the team quit on them. The one thing about this year and with Dirk is that no one has quit. The effort has been there. They’ve fought back in games they had no business coming back from. Most of the team has come out and said Dirk is their guy.

Dirk is the head coach in charge and for that he has to take the fall for this shit show. But these team hasn’t lost because of lack of effort or guys quitting. 

You should go to PR and read the Sikema article about every redzone play the Bucs ran against Wash.   Lots of quit on that OLine.    

Desean quits on every throw not hitting him in stride.

6 hours ago, UncleBuc said:

You should go to PR and read the Sikema article about every redzone play the Bucs ran against Wash.   Lots of quit on that OLine.    

Desean quits on every throw not hitting him in stride.

Desean has done that is entire career. If this surprises anyone at One Buc then they didn’t know what they were signing. 

This team hasn’t quit on the HC, despite whatever PR is spewing. 

The skins have a fantastic defensive line and the Bucs were able to put up almost 500 yards. I’m not buying that the hot in the red zone and then decided to quit, suck maybe, but not quit. 

16 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Desean has done that is entire career. If this surprises anyone at One Buc then they didn’t know what they were signing. 

This team hasn’t quit on the HC, despite whatever PR is spewing. 

The skins have a fantastic defensive line and the Bucs were able to put up almost 500 yards. I’m not buying that the hot in the red zone and then decided to quit, suck maybe, but not quit. 

Lack of desire to complete the play, most glaringly from the O line.    They show the video of the play on each instance they are trashing said quitting player.

Let's just keep it going this way lads. Whatever the problem is it ain't going away. Not unlike the shitty football team we somehow continue to congregate about. 

Monken capons. Disagree all you want, then go jack off. Then you'll feel good. 

13 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Am I the only one who can't get into the main bucs page via a computer?  Been 2 days.

9 hours ago, rook said:

Same issue here. I can respond to threads that I posted on. Can not sign in anywhere else.

Had that problem 2 days yesterday morning seems to be fixed now 

13 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Am I the only one who can't get into the main bucs page via a computer?  Been 2 days.

19 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Had that problem 2 days yesterday morning seems to be fixed now 

Same here.…..I though I was being singled out....I suppose they don't like you guys either...