Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JOEinPHX

How do you turn 500 yards into 3 points?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tundra said:

You make your own luck, methinks. Don’t forget bad kicking. With a kicker, the Bucs are “only” down 16-9 at the end there instead of 16-3.

catanzarro should have been cut after week 3. 

Had an interesting conversation today with a guy close to the situation who pointed out that the one common element in the Bucs kicking woes the last few years is holder Brian Anger.  I've never seen a problem with his spots, but ya gotta wonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Had an interesting conversation today with a guy close to the situation who pointed out that the one common element in the Bucs kicking woes the last few years is holder Brian Anger.  I've never seen a problem with his spots, but ya gotta wonder.

I mentioned this earlier in the season that I wondered if it was the holder, snapper or kicker or just the combination. It's just odd that they've had problems almost from the moment Anger took over the holder's job. I wouldn't eliminate it as a cause.

However kicker's are just fuckin' mental cases in which the first sign of a kick going awry sends them off the deep end. The Bears kicker hit the upright FOUR times today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN has an article saying Koetter called the plays today. 

So there’s that...

Taking over for no good reason and scoring three points doesn’t help his slim chances of keeping his job. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25248045/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-dirk-koetter-says-called-plays-historic-loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another record of futility. If anyone is mental it is all of us for putting any faith in this shitshow year after year. I've been a Bucs' fan for 41 years. These MF'ers have, aggregately, caused me more heartache than another thing in my life. This is the first year I didn't renew Sunday Ticket is damn near 20 years. I'm not going to say I'm done, but this is as close as I have ever been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today had nothing to do with play calling. If you watched the game then you know we were in the red zone interception, QB has the first down runs back then next play TE drops the ball and Mike Evans drops a pass in end zone. Then you look that are defensive line can’t put pressure on a make shift line this is players not coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BFFL said:

Today had nothing to do with play calling. If you watched the game then you know we were in the red zone interception, QB has the first down runs back then next play TE drops the ball and Mike Evans drops a pass in end zone. Then you look that are defensive line can’t put pressure on a make shift line this is players not coaches

I agree on the playcalling issue. A non one if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 8:55 PM, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

ESPN has an article saying Koetter called the plays today. 

So there’s that...

Taking over for no good reason and scoring three points doesn’t help his slim chances of keeping his job. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25248045/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-dirk-koetter-says-called-plays-historic-loss

But he had his reasons. More tough guy talk from Dirk. Save it for the sound bytes after they fire your ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×